Garry Monk “All the players are on the brink"

Just now, billyblack said:

monk has a duty to manage the players. DC has the duty of running the club

Semantics really though isn’t it? 

Monk’s inability to man manage has resulted in a team dropping like a stone from fighting for promotion to, within touching distance of relegation.

11 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Wigan are in a bigger mess than us off the field but the manager and players have just got on with it and grafted, no moping, no excuses.

No comparison, there situation arrived very recently and they have a far better squad of players than us at the moment.

PS What has unfolded at Wigan shows the absolute  incompetence of the EFL. 

3 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Westwood, Palmer, Lees, Borner, Iorfa, Reach, Bannan, Luongo, Windass, Murphy, Rhodes.

Either a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-1-1 with Windass playing the number 10 role/attacking midfielder.

Before you pick up on it, GM keeps telling us Lees is fit, When asked on numerous occasion over the last few weeks only Urhoghide and Windass have been mentioned as injured. Westwood is never mentioned until we ask where is he and its his leg, his shoulder, Gary Monk's ego. 

We have the players, we just have a manager who plays his favourite then uses excuses when they lose.

Harris has not contributed to a goal or an assist in 18 games, his last one was away at Brentford in December last year, yet Reach gets 1 game and is dropped when he does perform, why has Harris got 18 games+. last night when Murphy got injured he had Reach, Windass and Hughes all on the bench as a attacking Midfield option,  instead he bring on Odabajo possible the worse player we have in the whole squad. 

That team would have got beaten last night, guaranteed. Tom lees is tripe and how can you put reach in before Harris? Did you see how the game changed when he went off last night?

I never thought I would say this, as the guy is equally clueless, but we were a better team when Bullen was manager. Maybe we should have just given him the gig. He would not have been as bad as Monk has been and probably we would not have wasted the money to bring Windass, DaCruz to the club to barely ever play.

29 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

Bigger benefit means for the sake of the vast majority in making the club a much happier ace. You can't have disruptive people around spoiling it for the rest.

Saying he was unable to suitably manage certain characters is one way of looking at it, getting rid of trouble causers is another, and in my opinion the right way to look at it. We are and will continue to be better off as a result.

WTF:

Just now, room0035 said:

Westwood, Palmer, Lees, Borner, Iorfa, Reach, Bannan, Luongo, Windass, Murphy, Rhodes.

Either a 4-5-1 or a 4-4-1-1 with Windass playing the number 10 role/attacking midfielder.

Before you pick up on it, GM keeps telling us Lees is fit, When asked on numerous occasion over the last few weeks only Urhoghide and Windass have been mentioned as injured. Westwood is never mentioned until we ask where is he and its his leg, his shoulder, Gary Monk's ego. 

We have the players, we just have a manager who plays his favourite then uses excuses when they lose.

Harris has not contributed to a goal or an assist in 18 games, his last one was away at Brentford in December last year, yet Reach gets 1 game and is dropped when he does perform, why has Harris got 18 games+. last night when Murphy got injured he had Reach, Windass and Hughes all on the bench as a attacking Midfield option,  instead he bring on Odabajo possible the worse player we have in the 

Windass just recovering from injury

Rhodes just isnt worth bothering with

Lees may be physically it, is he mentally up for it, i dont know

Reach is the only debatable one for me and if he plays he play on the left, not right. Harris isnt performing granted, maybe odibajo at Rwb because he isnt a CB.

Westwood wont play again. Thats that.

Hardly a radical change from what was put out is it?

How much of a disruptive influence where the likes of Hutchinson and Westwood in all seriousness?

Does it really matter if players are disruptive if the performances are resulting in 3 points. They can’t have been that disruptive can they??

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, 0wl18 said:

Semantics really though isn’t it? 

Monk’s inability to man manage has resulted in a team dropping like a stone from fighting for promotion to, within touching distance of relegation.

no its not.

2 totally different jobs.

One facilitating the other

5 minutes ago, GLOwl said:

That team would have got beaten last night, guaranteed. Tom lees is tripe and how can you put reach in before Harris? Did you see how the game changed when he went off last night?

What a surprise I am wrong, no the reason we are losing every game stand on the touchline every match.

If I didn't know better his name should be Agent Monk to homage for Agent Wilson a few years back

Harris was good for the first 10 games of the season he has been total gash for the last 30. There is a reason that none of our strikers are scoring goals from open play, the winger cannot cross or create chances. Pre this season and the Monk affect, Reach was actually a good player and a goal threat. There just seems to be too much of a coincidence, that Monk arrive and all of a sudden every player at the club became rubbish and trouble makers.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Windass just recovering from injury

Rhodes just isnt worth bothering with

Lees may be physically it, is he mentally up for it, i dont know

Reach is the only debatable one for me and if he plays he play on the left, not right. Harris isnt performing granted, maybe odibajo at Rwb because he isnt a CB.

Westwood wont play again. Thats that.

Hardly a radical change from what was put out is it?

Indeed the only difference is we would be talking about the scrappy 3 points we won last night instead of the 3rd lost in 3 games. lol

10 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Harris has not contributed to a goal or an assist in 18 games, his last one was away at Brentford in December last year, yet Reach gets 1 game and is dropped when he does not perform, why has Harris got 18 games+. last night when Murphy got injured he had Reach, Windass and Hughes all on the bench as a attacking Midfield option,  instead he bring on Odabajo possible the worse player we have in the whole squad. 

Not sure how harris got an assist at brentford in December when  we lost 5-0 in March..  

• Haha 2

Really dont get this 'its all Monks fault' rhetoric....I doubt he coachs players to constantly give away sloppy penalty s,or make silly mistakes whilst defending....nor being incapable to score a goal,or get a shot on target in the final third...He has been left with the remnants of a squad,that has consistently under performed,and has been unable to bring in his own coaching team,or new signings.On top of this several of our key Players who could have made a difference refused to sign short term contracts and help the Club who have offered them(for some,made them Millionaires anyone?) a decent living for the last 4,or 5 years.But for Big Dave, & Lucas Goals in Jos time,whilst Fletcher & Hooper et all,were injured,we could well have been relegated that season......This latest collapse of form shouldn't be a surprise to anyone.This current malaise is allegedly all down to decisions made under the Management  of the Chansiri regime,now bearing fruit,and coming home with a vengeance.(alleged poor recruitment,not selling players when we could have achieved best value from their sale,and so on)Monk  in my view is just the latest fall guy,though i dont doubt there will be others..IF we are very lucky we may avoid the drop THIS YEAR but it can only be a matter of time if things dont change....Perversely the team we lost to,in the final at Wembley.are doing even worse than we are,sitting just above the trap door to relegation to Div 1,such is the bizarre nature of the 'prize' of Premiership football for many....

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

People who think are current squad of players are good enough, need to book themselves into rehab.

16 points from our last 20 games. Only Hull have less. I think it's fair to say they are good enough to do better than that.

16 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

The players have had 3 months rest, and they are knackered after 5 games back  ? 

Give it a rest Monk. Pathetic. 

Not quite sure you understand the life of a professional elite athlete mate

It's not like working in Timpsons you know

• Haha 4

Owlstalk Shop