What the HELL happened at Stoke?

Guest Grandad

Guest Grandad

90th minute. Boxing Day. 2-1 up at Stoke and 3rd in the League. 42 points gained. Deservedly so.

95th minute. Lost 3-2.

Since then the total collapse, alienation of senior players, and just 13 points gained. Its July.

WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED IN THE DRESSING ROOM AT STOKE?

All our madness happens at Christmas.

Dooley, Carlos, Westwood/Jos and then this season too.

Boxing Day Massacre was a bonus like.

I think something kicked off re. time off over Christmas again and bridges were finally burnt.  Hutchinson fuckedoff in January and Westwood never featured since.

Same happened under Bullen too thinking about it, won at Forest then got thumped by Burton.

Weird and rotten.

Edited by sonofbert2

That’s the day it all went wrong. I was in Preston at the time visiting the inlaws. I left the pub and we where 2v1 up with Injury time to go, I was in a right good mood, got back to the house and we had lost 3v2. Since then it has been a nightmare. 

Edited by WalthamOwl
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Grandad said:

90th minute. Boxing Day. 2-1 up at Stoke and 3rd in the League. 42 points gained. Deservedly so.

95th minute. Lost 3-2.

Since then the total collapse, alienation of senior players, and just 13 points gained. Its July.

makes you wonder that’s for sure 

Just now, Grandad said:

95th minute. Lost 3-2.

I think Neil alluded to it in a separate thread - this match, like many others in the first half of the season, were tight affairs with us generally not playing that well, but getting a lucky break or two. Our 'luck' ran out that day and hasn't returned. The fragile nature of the players' mentality and their poor physicality has since combined to put us in perpetual free-fall.

• Like 4

Just now, WalthamOwl said:

That’s the day it all went wrong. I was in Preston at the time visiting the inlaws. I left the pub and we where 2v1 up with minutes to go, I was ecstatic, got back to the house and we had lost 3v2. Since then it has been a nightmare. 

🤣 🤣 🤣 yeah right

• Haha 1

Was such a defining moment in the season. Seemed to get ourself in a rut from then on and never got out.

To go from beating Forest 4-0 before Christmas to the side that went out against Stoke, Cardiff and Hull. I don’t know how such a decline happened. 

Guest Grandad
Just now, 0114 said:

Was such a defining moment in the season. Seemed to get ourself in a rut from then on and never got out.

To go from beating Forest 4-0 before Christmas to the side that went out against Stoke, Cardiff and Hull. I don’t know how such a decline happened. 

we went from deservedly beating Leeds away in January - to a 5-0 homedefeat v Blackburn 7 days later

Guest wilyfox

Hutchinson threw a punch at Monk that missed and hit Westwood in the shoulder. He fell onto Forestieri's bike and broke it. FF got mad and kicked Winnall in the nuts, who then pinched Rhodes' arm and made him cry. That's what I heard. What happens in Stoke stays in Stoke. 

2 minutes ago, wilyfox said:

Hutchinson threw a punch at Monk that missed and hit Westwood in the shoulder. He fell onto Forestieri's bike and broke it. FF got mad and kicked Winnall in the nuts, who then pinched Rhodes' arm and made him cry. That's what I heard. What happens in Stoke stays in Stoke. 

👏👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

The amount of last minute goals we were conceding up until Christmas was ridiculous. Blackburn away, Swansea at home, West Brom away, Cardiff away.

We could have genuinely been top going into Christmas if it wasn’t for last minute lapses in concentration. And we are still seeing those lapses now, last night a case in point. 

A truly remarkable season. I’ve never seen a side be third at Christmas and then go on to completely slip down the league at the rate we have. 

Edited by SallyCinnamon

27 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

That’s the day it all went wrong. I was in Preston at the time visiting the inlaws. I left the pub and we where 2v1 up with Injury time to go, I was in a right good mood, got back to the house and we had lost 3v2. Since then it has been a nightmare. 

Divorced? 

• Haha 1