Where would we be now if we had beaten Hull at Wembley?

I remember the players saying they’d make it up to us for the fantastic support they got on yet another big occasion when they failed to turn up.

They then rewarded us with more failure.

And then again once more.

Good bye you useless f***ers.

• Thanks 1

On 09/07/2020 at 09:37, Animis said:

We would have needed pretty much a new team, as they weren't good enough. Westwood, BB and FF were probably the only players who could have held their own in the PL. It would have been a colossal achievement to have kept us up IMO.

Has FF even held his own in the championship?

Well, the two teams who got promoted in the two consecutive years that we made the playoffs - Hull and Huddersfield - didn’t last long in the Premier League.

I’m really struggling to come up with any compelling reason to think we would have fared any differently, had we won promotion in either of those years.

Personally I think we'd have done well in 16/17. Not sure beyond that, all depended on recruitment really. I think we'd have been a decent enough attraction for players. Would Carlos have been able to continue playing that style in the Premier League? Maybe, maybe not.

8 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Personally I think we'd have done well in 16/17. Not sure beyond that, all depended on recruitment really. I think we'd have been a decent enough attraction for players. Would Carlos have been able to continue playing that style in the Premier League? Maybe, maybe not.

CD779362-5697-470C-A130-CF6C8C495ACF.gif

Owlstalk Shop

On 09/07/2020 at 09:41, TaxiMark said:

Funny how times change during that season a pig fan I recall talking too were saying how many light years we were in front of them ...football can change quickly but I still think we are one of the unluckiest clubs around.

This is certainly a year to forgot Liverpool winning the league.

Pigs flying high.

Leeds going up.

Us possibly going down with efls help.

Not to mention covid19 

To be honest, there were two Hulls - one that played in the first semi against Durby, and one that played in the second.

If we got the good one, which we did, then I think we were always going to lose.

And if Brighton hadn't had so many injuries, then we probably wouldn't have made the final in the first place.

Our real chance was a year later.

The question really should be "Where would we be now if Hooper hadn't got injured in training?".

• Like 1

Even more scary is where would we be if we had lost to Southend in '76 and got relegated to Div 4?

Crowds of around 6,000 each week... No Big Jack... No Boxing Day Massacre... No Howard Wilkinson... No top tier football... No League Cup Final... And possibly no club?

• Like 3