Where would we be now if we had beaten Hull at Wembley?

Funny how times change during that season a pig fan I recall talking too were saying how many light years we were in front of them ...football can change quickly but I still think we are one of the unluckiest clubs around.

This is certainly a year to forgot Liverpool winning the league.

Pigs flying high.

Leeds going up.

Us possibly going down with efls help.

Not to mention covid19 

Problem is we have only seen Chansiri as a chairman when things are going bad. We dont know what would have happened if things had gone right. 

I think alot of the issues we have now where we question Chansiri would have ceased to exist.

1 hour ago, Pulsar said:

I actually think we wouldn't have done a Hull.

I sincerely believe Chansiri would have done what Allam didn't, and that is to splash the cash and the Wednesday in that other dimension are actually established in the Prem because DC is allowed to spend.

The question is would we have spent wisely?

And more importantly, how the hell do I leave this dimension?

FFS!

Would we have spent wisely.. 🤔... I'll have a think about that... Er no. 

Guest Bulgaria
10 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It's like asking what would it be like to put your old lad in Gwen Stefani, who knows because it never happened.

No doubt.

4 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

We were on a roll and i still think that day stopped it.

So yeah i think we could have survived and built.

Exactly. Look at the players Hull had. Bruce has proven with Newcastle this season he can manage at that level. Had he had the financial backing from a chairman like ours, Hull would still be in the premier league now.

Leeds go up this season. We will not see them for dust. They have the means to built a premier league club. And Chansiri would have done the same for us aswell. We would have improved everything. Team, stadium, training ground, academy, the lot.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Exactly. Look at the players Hull had. Bruce has proven with Newcastle this season he can manage at that level. Had he had the financial backing from a chairman like ours, Hull would still be in the premier league now.

Leeds go up this season. We will not see them for dust. They have the means to built a premier league club. And Chansiri would have done the same for us aswell. We would have improved everything. Team, stadium, training ground, academy, the lot.

This is correct and the highlighted part above winds me up because had he stayed this set of players IMO would be in the top 2 right now.

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

It's like asking what would it be like to put your old lad in Gwen Stefani, who knows because it never happened.

Speak for yourself, pal...

• Haha 1

People saying that Chansiri would have spent the cash to keep us up - are you forgetting that he did spend a load of cash after the play-off final, mostly on absolute dross which didn't make us any better? 

PL cash would most likely have resulted in him mis-spending on a bigger scale. Probably still have bought Abdi and maybe Rhodes, and done a Huddersfield by spending 8 figure sums on non-entities like Mounie. Spending £100m is no guarantee of survival, look at Fulham and Villa, it needs spending wisely and when was the last time our recruitment team did that?

At least with the parachute payments we wouldn't be looking at a points deduction which will likely take us to L1 having sold the ground to himself - yet. 

• Like 1

you'd have had a decent start then tumbled and sacked your manager but still got relegated

like 50% of promoted teams

but the parachute money would have made it so much easier to get back up there

as long as you hadnt gone all out to stay there first time and signed players on stupid contracts

and youd probably either be there getting relegated or in the championship getting promoted

i cannot believe the standard of the teams in the play offs atm although these are crazy times. - covid and all this kneeling.

weve found once you get there, its almost boringly easy to get back there with minimum investment as long as you have a decent manager (bruce) where 50% of his signings turn out good enough to do the job.

it really is a shame you didnt win at wembley because we wasted our time there due to our owners shutting the coffers. brucey walked out on them, without a job to go to

- 14 players on our books when the season started and an untested manager in charge - phelan

i doubt you would have approached it with as much disregard

• Like 1