Where would we be now if we had beaten Hull at Wembley?

In a parallel universe, we actually turned up and won promotion that day. How is that Wednesday doing now? Established Premier League team? Yo-yo team? Or have they done a Hull?

Can't help feeling we'd be in a similar league position to now, but having wasted even larger sums of money on poor recruitment. Even with promotion, I don't think Chansiri would have done a decent job...

• Like 3

I actually think we wouldn't have done a Hull.

I sincerely believe Chansiri would have done what Allam didn't, and that is to splash the cash and the Wednesday in that other dimension are actually established in the Prem because DC is allowed to spend.

The question is would we have spent wisely?

And more importantly, how the hell do I leave this dimension?

FFS!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Possibly we would be a lower PL side for now.  I don't think we'd be competing at the top-half, I don't think Chansiri is in that league in terms of wealth and I think we'd have the same issues we have now, that Play-off side is coming to a natural end through age, form and injury. 

I think we'd know less about about watches, cake and typewriters though, so it hasn't been all bad.

• Haha 1

Straight back down is the likelihood , but then with the money earned we could have built more solidly and gone up again, and stayed there.  If Utd , Wolves etc can consolidate in that division then there's nothing stopping us doing the same. 

8 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Still in the premier league now. And I honestly believe that.

I doubt it. Very few players in that squad would have been good enough for the Prem, we’d have needed at least 9 new starters and for them to gel in quickly and be good enough to keep us up.

Remember also, just like we were when we played Huddersfield in the playoffs, Brighton were crippled against us, we got very lucky. And then you saw how we did at Wembley, we very unexpectedly got there and our performance showed we weren’t good enough for that level, so I really can’t see how we’d have survived in the Prem

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Carbone said:

I doubt it. Very few players in that squad would have been good enough for the Prem, we’d have needed at least 9 new starters and for them to gel in quickly and be good enough to keep us up.

Remember also, just like we were when we played Huddersfield in the playoffs, Brighton were crippled against us, we got very lucky. And then you saw how we did at Wembley, we very unexpectedly got there and our performance showed we weren’t good enough for that level, so I really can’t see how we’d have survived in the Prem

Because Chansiri would have spent money to keep us in there. 

I know you look at our record of signing players and say that wouldnt have been good. But being in the premier league opens up a load more potential players to sign. And I think Chansiri would have thought nothing about spending 50/60 million a season on players.

Also had we been struggling and sacked Carlos. The quality of manager we would have been able to attract knowing the chairman would have been able to give him 50 million to spent would have been really high.

• Like 1

Unless DC sold us promptly I suspect we’d have bought lots of players who were new to the PL, gone down, found ourselves stuck with expensive players who were now disinterested and who had few admirers amongst other clubs.

The parachute payments would be running out this year so we would be about to feel similar pain to what we are doing now...

Although we would probably not have had to sell our own ground... yet.

We would have needed pretty much a new team, as they weren't good enough. Westwood, BB and FF were probably the only players who could have held their own in the PL. It would have been a colossal achievement to have kept us up IMO.