Honour Your Promise

11 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

You’ve got a lot of time on your hands then my friend!

There were a lot of fans that wanted Rhodes signing, we both know that’s true

I hold my hand's up.

I was fuc*in ecstatic. I'd wanted him ever since he banged 4 for Hudders against us when Deadman played 3 days injury time.

Gurujuan & I argued for ages about his merits or lack of, so he was definitely an 'anti'.

On 09/07/2020 at 05:38, ttimeowls said:

Absolutely spot on 

been saying this when he took over 

the worst attitude I have know to fellow supporters disgraceful beyond belief 

yeah there were a lot of posters on here posting xenophobic crap...we don't want a Johnny Foriegner running our club

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Who knows what’s going on behind the scenes, my only concern is allowing Monk the opportunity to do the squad rebuild, that said, he’s never had the opportunity to, which in itself is a worry.

I've never been either a player OR manager basher, but I DO have concerns about the motivational aspects of his management. 

Yeah we're very thin on the ground re the personnel available, but on paper when you look at the line ups we can put out, it doesn't look bad.

The reality however soon becomes apparent.

In our position, the possible points deduction should be an incentive to work / run even harder, yet they operate at the same lethargic pace they have always done.

Preston was a typical example, started well, missed a couple of easy chances, took the lead but when Preston came back into the game, we just let them bully us & eventually run us ragged. 

Same against Swansea, exact same scenario and only battled in the last five minutes after they had got one back.

In their position with the possible litigation hanging over them, they should be fighting & battling like fu*k.

You can blame the player's (quite rightly) but you have to question Monk's ability to kick ar*e & motivate them and that's what concerns me going forward. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TrickyTrev said:

You know, fans aren’t saying they want Chansiri to just walk away, they’re saying they want him to sell the club.

If we are to take him on his word, he’s already had plenty of interest and some offers (which he’s turned down) so it shouldn’t be a problem.

This.........

1 hour ago, matthefish2002 said:

Chansiri comes across personally as a decent bloke.
But I really have no trust in him running the club properly. 

Not impossible that Chansiri will sell but think unlikely in the present circumstances.

And if he does sell no guarantee the next person will have experience running a club as big as Wednesday.

Look what happened at Wigan.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, adelphi1867 said:

Haven't they just Mortgaged the Ground and every other asset at the club?.

I just love it when the unwashed are quoted as the model to follow.

I also love how they fall for Wilder's 'con' that they spent no money. Burnley survive by a net spend of 9 Mill. The unwashed have blown their TV spending money by probably 8 times that, which incidentally dwarfs the transfer spend under DCs tenure.

It was always a lie perpetuated by Wilder to offset a prospective failure that luckily for them didn't materialise. (Not yet anyway).  

I read that we are a 'fractured' organisation because our owner has 'separated' the ownership of the club with the ownership of the ground when THEIR structure involves about 5 or 6 divisions, some still owned by McCabe & some by the pretend Prince / Sheik whatever he is this week.

We can quote various examples of models to follow, most in hindsight, and most (where the patience required would not have been forthcoming at S6), but please, don't quote them scrubbers as the way to go.

They were going nowhere, they got lucky with Wilder who happened to be the perfect fit, rode the momentum, bringing out the best of very average players, but their story isn't finished yet as is always the story with Sheffield football. Up one minute, down the next.

Don't imagine it will not happen.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Therealrealist said:

We are really not that big a club

Tell you what mate.

You buy it, try & turn it around & you'll see how big a club it is.

It's like a giant oil tanker where the main prop shaft is fuc*ed and the steering wheel is jammed (If they have steering wheels).  🤨

On 09/07/2020 at 04:04, Blue and white said:

Mr Chansiri you stood before fans of Sheffield Wednesday at a forum and stated if you weren't wanted you would happily leave the club and went on to say you had turned down serious bids from interested parties.

You and Stuffing Boy have systematically taken this club backwards and we are heading in a dangerous direction, one that you don't have the knowledge or money to turn around and for that reason I'm asking you to honour your promise and sell the club, you have lost the confidence of a large section of the fan base, you have priced out many fans from attending games, your treatment of corporate hospitality/boxes has been nothing short of scandalous, with the exception of Steve Bruce your appointments have bee  a joke, your imaginary sponsors are making the club look like a tin pot grubby little club, I could go on but I'm losing the will to live.

Please just close the door on your way out.

Have you say by all means, no drama

But you have no idea if he has or hasn’t got the money to turn it around, pointless accusation to chuck about without the facts to back it up 

Just now, Blue and white said:

Sorry were we not advertising 10 season tickets pre lockdown.

Yes we were, your point is, he's skint, has been for months, my point is, he and swfc are still here,paying a wedge every month, 10 year season ticket sales don't even come close. 

3 hours ago, bigthinrob said:

I just love it when the unwashed are quoted as the model to follow.

I also love how they fall for Wilder's 'con' that they spent no money. Burnley survive by a net spend of 9 Mill. The unwashed have blown their TV spending money by probably 8 times that, which incidentally dwarfs the transfer spend under DCs tenure.

It was always a lie perpetuated by Wilder to offset a prospective failure that luckily for them didn't materialise. (Not yet anyway).  

I read that we are a 'fractured' organisation because our owner has 'separated' the ownership of the club with the ownership of the ground when THEIR structure involves about 5 or 6 divisions, some still owned by McCabe & some by the pretend Prince / Sheik whatever he is this week.

We can quote various examples of models to follow, most in hindsight, and most (where the patience required would not have been forthcoming at S6), but please, don't quote them scrubbers as the way to go.

They were going nowhere, they got lucky with Wilder who happened to be the perfect fit, rode the momentum, bringing out the best of very average players, but their story isn't finished yet as is always the story with Sheffield football. Up one minute, down the next.

Don't imagine it will not happen.

I didn't mean the financial side of the club, but the way they have done business over the years. decades. compared  to us.

The invested heavily in the academy route, which produced player that hey sold on for 10,s of Millions that kept the club afloat.

Where we have bungled from one disaster to the next over the same time scale.

It seem's to me, a mere mortal, that either  the prince is cashing in or they are preparing to move the club to a new area.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, adelphi1867 said:

I didn't mean the financial side of the club, but the way they have done business over the years. decades. compared  to us.

The invested heavily in the academy route, which produced player that hey sold on for 10,s of Millions that kept the club afloat.

Where we have bungled from one disaster to the next over the same time scale.

It seem's to me, a mere mortal, that either  the prince is cashing in or they are preparing to move the club to a new area.

Crikey, that's quite a conclusion to come too. 

30 minutes ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

Yes we were, your point is, he's skint, has been for months, my point is, he and swfc are still here,paying a wedge every month, 10 year season ticket sales don't even come close. 

He has to pay wages, people are on contracts, plus there have been reports that people haven't been paid on time recently in the press.

The whole 10 year season ticket sham smacks of desperation from a man who has played his hand and come up short.

On 09/07/2020 at 04:04, Blue and white said:

Mr Chansiri you stood before fans of Sheffield Wednesday at a forum and stated if you weren't wanted you would happily leave the club and went on to say you had turned down serious bids from interested parties.

You and Stuffing Boy have systematically taken this club backwards and we are heading in a dangerous direction, one that you don't have the knowledge or money to turn around and for that reason I'm asking you to honour your promise and sell the club, you have lost the confidence of a large section of the fan base, you have priced out many fans from attending games, your treatment of corporate hospitality/boxes has been nothing short of scandalous, with the exception of Steve Bruce your appointments have bee  a joke, your imaginary sponsors are making the club look like a tin pot grubby little club, I could go on but I'm losing the will to live.

Please just close the door on your way out.

Speak for yourself

• Like 1

Just now, Blue and white said:

He has to pay wages, people are on contracts, plus there have been reports that people haven't been paid on time recently in the press.

The whole 10 year season ticket sham smacks of desperation from a man who has played his hand and come up short.

Your replies smack of a man desperate to be proved right about him being skint, and is just waiting/itching to be proved right, don't let the things like banking glitches stop you tho eh. 

1 hour ago, Blue and white said:

10 years season tickets tells me all I need to know.

Chucking accusations about without foundation tells me all I need to know aswell , about you