Honour Your Promise

15 hours ago, Manwë said:

Never ******** off your drug dealer, especially when he's also your employer and landlord.

Because of his decisions and business acumen, we've become dependent on him for our survival.

If he goes, there's a possibility that we've lost our home forever, staff won't be paid wages, and the business of Sheffield Wednesday will soon find they don't have any real income or assets to fight off insolvency.  

That day at Wembley has cost us more than £76 ticket plus a return fare on the train. 

Just say no.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, PortlandOwl said:

He knows full well that some people will never stop buying tickets etc. Some football fans just have blind loyalty, however bad the situation gets.

If the fans hadn't shown "Blind Loyalty" during the many times (just about all the time) in our recent history, with the possible exception of the early 60s & early 90s, we wouldn't have a fuc*in club to boycott.

I swear some people exist in a blind bubble where they imagine this is somehow unique and an Armageddon situation amidst years & years of unbroken triumph & success.

Even if we did get dragged down a division. We would still be in a better position than the dark days of "save our Owls" that a previous poster referred to earlier.

And please don't give me the argument that at least we had decent Chairmen then, compared to DC. We have had a procession of garbage Chairmen since I can remember (and I've got a long memory), that were either 'in it for their own progression', 'In it to further their own business interests while spending non of their own cash' or just for the 'social kudos'.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, owl_83 said:

In an abusive relationship where your partner owns the house, controls the money, controls everything etc do you stay with them forever because there is no other option? Just accept that's your lot and strive for nothing better? 

Or do you take the plunge and try and break free. 

Terrible analogy I know. 

It's not a reason to say "there's nothing we can do". 

Chansiri has been a disaster and season after season we are getting worse. And he has tore this club apart so that it is threadbare. He has shown nothing to suggest he has any acumen or desire to improve things. In fact he seems unaware that anything is wrong. 

He doesn't want to appoint football people to take control. Its just dire, season after season. So do we just sit back and let us slide down the leagues? 

I honestly don’t know what the answer is. I’m worried as all fans should be

• Like 1

There are some unbelievably naïve opinions on this thread, We need DC more than he needs us. He is pumping in millions of pounds keeping the club afloat and doing his best, Start looking at the players if you want to scapegoat.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Manwë said:

Fans used to own this club too.  I don't remember exact specifics, but I'm sure under Mr Allen, each major shareholder was about 10% each (4 or 5 people/organisations), with minor shareholders the remaining ~40-50%.    The argument for both models are valid.

Manwe, the fans may have owned shares in the club, but up until MM taking over, to be involved in the actual running of the club, you needed a wedge of money, and know how to do a particular handshake. And so it was throughout history...until Milan

23 hours ago, edinburghowl said:

It happened previously at Hearts in Scotland. Foreign owner went AWOL, refused to put any further money into cover running costs, club went into administration, and was never seen again.

Did he own the ground seperatly from the club ?.......

You know, fans aren’t saying they want Chansiri to just walk away, they’re saying they want him to sell the club.

If we are to take him on his word, he’s already had plenty of interest and some offers (which he’s turned down) so it shouldn’t be a problem.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, edinburghowl said:

Thankfully for Hearts no.

That's rub with chansiri he could get fed up putting money into a sinking ship and let go cheap but he ain't going to give the ground up anytime soon  .he could get rental of that forever and a day .

1 hour ago, Worthing_owl said:

There are some unbelievably naïve opinions on this thread, We need DC more than he needs us. He is pumping in millions of pounds keeping the club afloat and doing his best, Start looking at the players if you want to scapegoat.

He's pumping millions of pounds in because of those ridiculous contracts he signed and for his unfathomable policy of refusing to sell players. Do you expect someone other than the person responsible for these decisions to be paying? 

You say he's doing his best. Would you be happy for me to perform open heart surgery on you. I promise I would do my best too.( Actually i'd get someone capable to do it, an option that's been open to Chansiri for some time)

Players as a scapegoat? We're back where we started on the playing side. If you think this lot are poor wait to you see next season's squad

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Guest Therealrealist
2 hours ago, airborne_rat_of_s6 said:

At least we’d have our weekends to endure the torture that is being dragged around Meadowhall for free, rather than having your day ruined at the match. Every cloud...

Why do people allways say meadowhall is the alternative to goin to the match? All my mates who no longer go to the match have a bet and spend all satdays in the boozers watchin ssn

Chansiri comes across personally as a decent bloke.
But I really have no trust in him running the club properly. 

Not impossible that Chansiri will sell but think unlikely in the present circumstances.

And if he does sell no guarantee the next person will have experience running a club as big as Wednesday.

• Like 1

On 09/07/2020 at 09:15, The_Limit_Owl said:

To be fair we all did, bar a few!

Not true. Recently I had a look back at a 300 page thread (not all of it obviously) and there were plenty expressing reservations about signing Rhodes and for a number of different reasons.

11 hours ago, Blue and white said:

An owner who knows what he is doing.

Like all the 'no holds barred' superstar, results driven Chairmen that have gone before that obviously knew what THEY were doing, but without putting any of their OWN money in.

Our trophy cabinet is testimony to the fuc*in past expert incumbents "that knew what they were doing".

• Like 3

Guest Therealrealist
9 minutes ago, matthefish2002 said:

Chansiri comes across personally as a decent bloke.
But I really have no trust in him running the club properly. 

Not impossible that Chansiri will sell but think unlikely in the present circumstances.

And if he does sell no guarantee the next person will have experience running a club as big as Wednesday.

We are really not that big a club

The club is going through a massive rebuilding job. Probably have over half the squad changed. Let's see how that goes first.

Because whoever comes in the fix isnt going to be instant.

So at this moment in time its probably best to stick with a chairman willing to finance the club with his own money.

• Like 1