Honour Your Promise

4 minutes ago, room0035 said:

As long as fans keep putting money into the club nothing will change.

When 10,000 fans buy season tickets 6 months before even knowing what league you are in, he can stay quiet.

Stop buying the tickets, the merchandise, the cardboard cut out and DC has to 100% fund his own mistakes, I give him 6 month max, before he is gone. He's stubborn but not stupid.

He knows full well that some people will never stop buying tickets etc. Some football fans just have blind loyalty, however bad the situation gets.

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

He can't just stand up and leave the club

It happened previously at Hearts in Scotland. Foreign owner went AWOL, refused to put any further money into cover running costs, club went into administration, and was never seen again.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I’m no fan of the current regime, trust me I want change too, but you do realise that if he just walked up and left that we would be in administration in a matter of days/hours?

There needs to be a alternative option and at present there isn’t.

the thing is nobody really knows that for certain. He himself has said in the past he has turned down offers for the club. We didn’t know about them. 

3 minutes ago, PortlandOwl said:

I'm no expert on club ownership etc but the German clubs do seem to have got it right. It's no wonder the fans kicked off last season.

Fans used to own this club too.  I don't remember exact specifics, but I'm sure under Mr Allen, each major shareholder was about 10% each (4 or 5 people/organisations), with minor shareholders the remaining ~40-50%.    The argument for both models are valid.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

And flush around 100m+ down theshitter, no he couldn't.

If you are losing more and more money every single week/month that you continue to run the club and there’s no hope of a buyer then it’s a possibility. There’s nothing stopping the regime from refusing to finance the club further. There could be a limit to how much they want to spend.

And how many investors are going to be interested in a club with a court case hanging over its head, that’s been under transfer embargoes, that doesn’t own its stadium, that’s staring down the barrel of relegation to L1, with a mediocre manager and a squad that needs huge investment and complete overhaul?

Then there is what Chansiri wants for the club and what is realistic. It’s not looking good is it?

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Manwë said:

Never ******** off your drug dealer, especially when he's also your employer and landlord.

Because of his decisions and business acumen, we've become dependent on him for our survival.

If he goes, there's a possibility that we've lost our home forever, staff won't be paid wages, and the business of Sheffield Wednesday will soon find they don't have any real income or assets to fight off insolvency.  

That day at Wembley has cost us more than £76 ticket plus a return fare on the train. 

Anyone who bought the club and invested their own money we would be dependent for. No championship club makes a profit bar the ones with parachute payments. 

15 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

If you are losing more and more money every single week/month that you continue to run the club and there’s no hope of a buyer then it’s a possibility. There’s nothing stopping the regime from refusing to finance the club further. There could be a limit to how much they want to spend.

And how many investors are going to be interested in a club with a court case hanging over its head, that’s been under transfer embargoes, that doesn’t own its stadium, that’s staring down the barrel of relegation to L1, with a terrible manager and a squad that needs huge investment and complete overhaul?

Then there is what Chansiri wants for the club and what is realistic. It’s not looking good is it?

Agree with all of this apart from the one word above which i have fixed.

45 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

I’m no fan of the current regime, trust me I want change too, but you do realise that if he just walked up and left that we would be in administration in a matter of days/hours?

He stated he had turned down serious offers. Could take up on one of them.

30 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Fans used to own this club too.  I don't remember exact specifics, but I'm sure under Mr Allen, each major shareholder was about 10% each (4 or 5 people/organisations), with minor shareholders the remaining ~40-50%.    The argument for both models are valid.

Back in the good old days of the late 80-90 as a Owls fan you could buy an A share for about £5,000 and you would get a 20 year season ticket with it, you would own 1 share and to able to attend games as a shareholder. There was a waiting list for these when one came available.

When the charterhouse got involved and we went public on the AIM market shares we converted into smaller amount and you could readily get them as a lot were available, I myself owned about 1,000 share they were not worth much in the end, but it was the pride of owning a bit of your football club. When Milan came in all of the fans gave up these shares for nothing so he could save the club but DA wanted money for them and I think the £750k is still hanging over the club if we ever get promoted to the premier league, something we don't have to worry to much about paying with DC in charge. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, edinburghowl said:

In an abusive relationship where your partner owns the house, controls the money, controls everything etc do you stay with them forever because there is no other option? Just accept that's your lot and strive for nothing better? 

Or do you take the plunge and try and break free. 

Terrible analogy I know. 

It's not a reason to say "there's nothing we can do". 

Chansiri has been a disaster and season after season we are getting worse. And he has tore this club apart so that it is threadbare. He has shown nothing to suggest he has any acumen or desire to improve things. In fact he seems unaware that anything is wrong. 

He doesn't want to appoint football people to take control. Its just dire, season after season. So do we just sit back and let us slide down the leagues? 

4 hours ago, Manwë said:

Never ******** off your drug dealer, especially when he's also your employer and landlord.

Because of his decisions and business acumen, we've become dependent on him for our survival.

If he goes, there's a possibility that we've lost our home forever, staff won't be paid wages, and the business of Sheffield Wednesday will soon find they don't have any real income or assets to fight off insolvency.  

That day at Wembley has cost us more than £76 ticket plus a return fare on the train. 

Don't forget ale money as well.

3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

COVID-19?

You must have heard of the virus that’s stopping international travel and face to face large gatherings?

Welcome to the 21st century where there’s live feeds and computers. Every other club are doing it, so why can’t we? 

Sure he can be interviewed, but he will continue to hibernate in Thailand.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, SallyCinnamon said:

Not sure during a global pandemic and a period real financial insecurity it’s the right time to ask the man who is still pumping millions into the club to leave. 

It is probably isn't but when will it be a good time? Who signed the onerous contracts that means millions need pumping into the club in the first place?