Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Tommo_

The Odubajo Effect

Recommended Posts

We knew he wouldn't be good when we got him that is the annoying thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, cookeh said:


is this a "it's not his fault, he's only the manager" post?

No it's the "it's not only his fault, there's a lot more wrong than just the manager" post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Really does look a poor player for us. The lad wasn’t like that at Hull or Brentford. Strange. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, WalthamOwl said:

Really does look a poor player for us. The lad wasn’t like that at Hull or Brentford. Strange. 

Its one of the few things we actually do really well. Turn decent players into poor ones. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It's not only him what about Pelupessy, never been a footballer.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

 


I'm not comfortable with scapegoating a player who never goes hiding


If anything he tries too hard and gets in a mess because of it


But right now when there have been players going missing, taking our club for serious money, sitting back with 'injuries' I don't think that scapegoating a player who has never gone missing on us is the classy thing to do.

If he's not good enough then he's not good enough. 

But if he's trying for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club then he needs credit for that and not attacking.

He just needs taking out of the side not  ripping to pieces by wild wolves

 

 


‘Tries too hard’ haha

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, alan48 said:

Maybe the Manager needs to ' manage ' those 'sitting back with injuries ' and maybe coach those who are currently not good enough to become better performers ? - thought that came with the job .

So  how would you recommend he does that?  come on...be fair.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, @owlstalk said:

 


I'm not comfortable with scapegoating a player who never goes hiding


If anything he tries too hard and gets in a mess because of it


But right now when there have been players going missing, taking our club for serious money, sitting back with 'injuries' I don't think that scapegoating a player who has never gone missing on us is the classy thing to do.

If he's not good enough then he's not good enough. 

But if he's trying for Sheffield Wednesday Football Club then he needs credit for that and not attacking.

He just needs taking out of the side not  ripping to pieces by wild wolves

 

 

Not sure i understand this post. Are you saying we can't say someone who is rubbish is.. well.. rubbish?

 

Or are you we're only allowed to say Tom Lees is rubbish?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This reminds me of Morgan Fox in his first season season here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Parajack  , management techniques are well documented in many fields including those in sport and leisure . Even a basic knowledge of leadership skills , embracing a motivational and strategic approach would not be too much to ask .

In terms of coaching skills, I would assume that Monk, along with his staff , have the relevant qualifications and the game now has more than enough technical assistance  and analysis tools to inform coaching staff of players strengths and weaknesses and how these might be addressed  .We dont tackle - we cant even.take free kicks , corners etc with any degree of consistency .Bannan  , apparentlly  ,has been appointed the primary dead ball specialist and more often than not his delivery is awful and how many of our players can actually put a cross into the box . These are skills and techniques than can be taught and encouraged .To me with the current playing staff I see very little evidence of improvement . Either they are just not good enough , or there is little going off on the training pitch and in the gym to help improve matters .

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just playing him puts you 1-0 down before a ball is kicked.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Have we even played Odubajo in his best position yet?

 

Right wing is where he should be played.  

 

So far I have seen him play left back, centre back and right back.  It's as if he will play everywhere else but not in his favoured position.  Then we wonder why he plays so badly.  

 

It's as if he has already been set up to fail by playing him out of position. Low and behold, when he buggers up playing centre back, you will hear oh he's vvank, get rid.  Well he's not a centre back to start with.  I blame the guy who puts him in those ridiculous positions to start with.  I think he does his best under the circumstances, but to completely lay the blame on Odubajo when he makes a ridiculous and costly mistake at the back is overly harsh.  If he was a natural centre back making those same mistakes it is a completely different matter.

 

The times I have seen Mo on the right further up the pitch, he does offer us some goal threat and can put a decent cross in.  Sadly we won't play to his strengths, and because of that, his performances will slide as a result. And as a consequence of that, he will probably be another one of those players who fall under the heading 'couldn't quite cut it'.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never questioned odubajo’s commitment or his personality but he isn’t good enough to play for us at this level.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Ronio said:

Have we even played Odubajo in his best position yet?

 

Right wing is where he should be played.  

 

So far I have seen him play left back, centre back and right back.  It's as if he will play everywhere else but not in his favoured position.  Then we wonder why he plays so badly.  

 

It's as if he has already been set up to fail by playing him out of position. Low and behold, when he buggers up playing centre back, you will hear oh he's vvank, get rid.  Well he's not a centre back to start with.  I blame the guy who puts him in those ridiculous positions to start with.  I think he does his best under the circumstances, but to completely lay the blame on Odubajo when he makes a ridiculous and costly mistake at the back is overly harsh.  If he was a natural centre back making those same mistakes it is a completely different matter.

 

The times I have seen Mo on the right further up the pitch, he does offer us some goal threat and can put a decent cross in.  Sadly we won't play to his strengths, and because of that, his performances will slide as a result. And as a consequence of that, he will probably be another one of those players who fall under the heading 'couldn't quite cut it'.

 

 

 

 

Polishing a turd still makes it a turd

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Only blessing for the lad is the lack of crowds at the minute, It’d be toxic for him right now if fans were in

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, mcmigo said:

Amazing that a free transfer from Brentford isn’t the new Cafu. 

Have you seen Brentford? They are on a different planet to us. Don’t be so disrespectful 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 09/07/2020 at 12:29, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

No it's the "it's not only his fault, there's a lot more wrong than just the manager" post.


Just because there's other things wrong, doesn't diminish Monk's failure, not does it mean we shouldn't look to replace him as soon as possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, ka58 said:

I’ve never questioned odubajo’s commitment or his personality but he isn’t good enough to play for us at this level.

 

The weird thing is.. he was a steady championship player for over 100 games before he joined us.
In his first 3 matches (and he played the full 90 in each) we won all 3 and only conceded 1 goal.
Then Gary Monk arrived..


Make of that what you will.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, cookeh said:


Just because there's other things wrong, doesn't diminish Monk's failure, not does it mean we shouldn't look to replace him as soon as possible.

My point was if the other issues are not resolved it won't matter who you get in. We have to get off this manager merry-go-round and fix the structural and organisational issues first, otherwise you'll be calling for whomever replaces monks head in six months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

My point was if the other issues are not resolved it won't matter who you get in. We have to get off this manager merry-go-round and fix the structural and organisational issues first, otherwise you'll be calling for whomever replaces monks head in six months.


Well, we saw with Bruce that he bought in his own team and that made a difference.

You look to Wilder and see someone that came in and changed a club, had a view of how the club should be and got on with it.
We seem to hire coaches.. and that's it. Monk isn't a guy with a vision of how to set up a club. He comes across as a guy who's just looking for where he can go next. He's never stayed in a job very long and he doesn't seem to have made any real changes in the year he's been here.

Maybe the key is not to just hire the latest guy who's out of a job from the premier league, as he's just looking for a route back. Wilder came from below and so cared about building. I think maybe we need to do something smilar. Despite how the season has gone, Hudderfield fans seem (for the most part) to still believe in the Cowley's once they've had a clear out similar to ours.

Is it worth looking at someone like Graham Alexander?
 

> Fleetwood
Joined in dec and stayed mid table in league 2
1st full season, promoted as champions.
2nd season, 10th in League One.
3rd season, fired after 10 games.


> Scunthorpe
Joined in march, while 12th.
Won 7 of 9 games, missed out on the playoffs on goal diff.
1st full season finished 3rd, lost in the playoffs.
2nd season, 'mutual termination' in march while 5th! After a run of 5 draws and 3 losses.


> Salford
Joined start of 18-19 in the national league
Made it to the playoff finals and won.
Season 2, in league 2. They were 10th when the league stopped.
4 wins from their last 5 and could well have made the playoffs had the league continued.
Made it to the ELF Trophy final too.

So he's done well everywhere.
Seems to hit the ground running.
I've watched a few interviews and he seems like a smart guy who is aware of why thing dont'w work, rather than just saying nonsense like "we need to roll our sleeves up better", mentioning no names.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...