People that call for a new manager every few months: what do you hope it will achieve?

Over the years it’s driven me mad Hearing some people wanting to change the manager after a short period.

However, I really do think Monk should leave at the end of this season. Not just for the clubs benefit but his own too.

While ever DC is at the club we have a problem.

The club needs to look in the mirror.

Changing managers (and players)  is just putting out the fire Instead of dealing with the cause of the fire .. Chansiri

• Like 1

There aren’t many stats that show success in constantly changing managers. It’s all about getting the RIGHT manager in the first instance and the nearest we’ve been to that for a while was Bruce. No point sacking Monk unless you think you have a manager similar to Bruce in the pipeline.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Swiss Toni said:

There aren’t many stats that show success in constantly changing managers. It’s all about getting the RIGHT manager in the first instance and the nearest we’ve been to that for a while was Bruce. No point sacking Monk unless you think you have a manager similar to Bruce in the pipeline.

The prime aim now is staying in this division and if that means a change in manager for the last 4 games to get us the points required to do this, especially with a possible points deduction hanging over us, we need to act just as Middlesbrough did.

It could be a caretaker until we can get the right person in before next season starts. 

• Like 2

This " manager " can't manage. 

We need someone that can. 

He CANNOT manage. 

Others have all gotten better out of this shower of sheite. 

Monk... has no management skills. Hes a disinterested money grabber. Hes taking the pi55 out of the club and the fans. We change him. Because he is absolutely no good whatsoever at managing  Talks a good game..... cannot provide results..

If someone can point out his successes I'd be glad to listen again.

Hes a disaster.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

The prime aim now is staying in this division and if that means a change in manager for the last 4 games to get us the points required to do this, especially with a possible points deduction hanging over us, we need to act just as Middlesbrough did.

It could be a caretaker until we can get the right person in before next season starts. 

If a monk goes now it would just be Bullen in charge for the last 4 games - what’s the point?! No interim manager would come in for 4 games with matches coming thick and fast.

2 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

If a monk goes now it would just be Bullen in charge for the last 4 games - what’s the point?! No interim manager would come in for 4 games with matches coming thick and fast.

Id sooner go for Bullen than Monk.

I think the programme selller would do a better job at raising morale than Monk does ffs. lol

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I don't like chopping and changing managers too quickly, they should be given time to mould a squad into what they want and get things moving in the right direction. Unless things are clearly not working. 3 wins in 20 league games and falling out and freezing out a number of key players is not the right direction. Having the lowest number of home goals scored in the league is not the right direction. 

Things are getting worse, not better. Monk needs showing the door as soon as possible. End of. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Monks ongoing issue at each club seems to be man management. However, he did inherit some bad apples.

Our main issue is proper club management. We are just drifting under a well intentioned but incompetent owner.

• Like 1

I've not jumped on any bandwagon to sack under-performing or struggling managers, if anything I think I could be criticised for being too patient, the same with DC.

Sometimes it's just necessary, in the case of Monk I'd say he hasn't been given all the tools he could have by DC, at the same time he's made missteps and errors of his own. In this particular case though I believe it's in the clubs best interest to start a fresh next season, unless somehow Monk can get some traction for the remaining games and finish on some kind of a positive. Oh, that and we don't get relegated......

It should be said that anyone we appoint will struggle with this shower of mentally weak, rollover and surrender players the DC has assembled. It should also be said that we'll continue to struggle and underachieve unless there is change at the very top so brace for it to get worse before it gets better IMO. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Morepork said:

I've not jumped on any bandwagon to sack under-performing or struggling managers, if anything I think I could be criticised for being too patient, the same with DC.

Sometimes it's just necessary, in the case of Monk I'd say he hasn't been given all the tools he could have by DC, at the same time he's made missteps and errors of his own. In this particular case though I believe it's in the clubs best interest to start a fresh next season, unless somehow Monk can get some traction for the remaining games and finish on some kind of a positive. Oh, that and we don't get relegated......

It should be said that anyone we appoint will struggle with this shower of mentally weak, rollover and surrender players the DC has assembled. It should also be said that we'll continue to struggle and underachieve unless there is change at the very top so brace for it to get worse before it gets better IMO. 

Absolutely spot on.

Monk.  Isn't good enough. Its been proved here and elsewhere. Otherwise he would have been in a job.

DC.. well meaning in a PR sense .. just hasn't got the knowledge patience nor humility to learn. Nothing changes.

The players.

A bunch of entitled losers. None with the bottle nor mental strength for a fight  large it up everywhere they go, when, they really are failures at what they do.

No interest or self respect in fighting for the team. Though  that, is down to the manager and coaching staff.. Lee Bullen. .. needs to go. A yes man of the highest order... appreciate his time with the club, but...he has to go. 

From top to bottom. The club needs a complete reappraisal.

An owner smarting from his experiences with pro football and taken as a fool by so many. Thr club needs a no nonsense manager that grinds out results and can motivate.  I fear that we will end up being relegated by that sort of manager the end of the season. That, would be the barbed wire on the cake.....not the icing.

Edited by quinnssweetshop
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, RigBon said:

Genuine question. Try and be realistic in your answer.

We had one of the best, if not  the best Championship managers, who under DC, was taking us forward.

He left for a job in the Prem.

We went with a failing manager, who is doing the same here.

• Like 3

Can waffle on about managers as much as you like it won’t make a difference . Whilst ever chansiri is here , club will get worse and worse . He is the problem , he’s created this , he isn’t upto the task and he is the one responsible for the club sinking faster than a Jim Davidson stand up routine 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, quinnssweetshop said:

This " manager " can't manage. 

We need someone that can. 

He CANNOT manage. 

Others have all gotten better out of this shower of sheite. 

Monk... has no management skills. Hes a disinterested money grabber. Hes taking the pi55 out of the club and the fans. We change him. Because he is absolutely no good whatsoever at managing  Talks a good game..... cannot provide results..

If someone can point out his successes I'd be glad to listen again.

Hes a disaster.

Dont think he does talk a good game. Every post match analysis has the same mixture of certain words... concentration, pressure, threat, foundation, platform.... He uses these words irrespective of the result or performance. Answers the first question and then uses the same words in a different order for the rest of the interview. 

• Like 1

Whether we like it or not, the manager is responsible for results. This is no different, there have been mitigating factors along the way, as there will have been in most managerial failings, but it would be an understatement to just say the results have not been good enough They have been disastrous

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, JOCOWl said:

Dont think he does talk a good game. Every post match analysis has the same mixture of certain words... concentration, pressure, threat, foundation, platform.... He uses these words irrespective of the result or performance. Answers the first question and then uses the same words in a different order for the rest of the interview. 

Agreed, it's the same cliche every time... but you get my meaning.

• Like 1