Think this might be the final nail.....

There isn't one player in the squad who is captain material.  There isn't one player in the squad who is vocal

on the pitch and there isn't one player in the squad who is an organiser.

They all play as individuals without any collective responsibility whatsoever.  We badly need a leader in defence and midfield.

• Like 1

While Chansiri is absolutely useless at running a football club, Monk has to shoulder the blame too. From what I know of, Chansiri isn't holding a gun to Monk's head making him play Palmer and Odubajo in a back 3, he isn't making him play Pelupessy and Nuhiu in the same team, they're Monk's choices

• Like 1

9 hours ago, 0114 said:

The players aren’t playing for him

The Chairman pays the players he doesn't train them, prepare them and then send them on the pitch to allegedly put into practice what they have trained to do. That is the remit of the Manager/Coaches not the Chairman

• Like 2

Just now, @owlstalk said:

And?

AND?

lol

Classic...failure to actually acknowledge the reality

So we can agree that you can’t blame the bad eggs and lack of coaches etc since they were consistent through the year and we saw good and bad performances, therefore the manager is accountable for good and bad. That means there is a discussion of whether his performance is acceptable.

I don’t think it is anywhere close to acceptable.

Especially as the bad performance came as soon as he tried to create a ‘winning changing room’

1 minute ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

While Chansiri is absolutely useless at running a football club, Monk has to shoulder the blame too. From what I know of, Chansiri isn't holding a gun to Monk's head making him play Palmer and Odubajo in a back 3, he isn't making him play Pelupessy and Nuhiu in the same team, they're Monk's choices

I have always been behind the manager and said he needs time however this run of form is beyond shocking and the manager has to carry the can I'm afraid.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Or the mad substitutions

Or the chopping and changing of the back line earlier this season

Or the refusal to play our two best crossers of the ball as wingers

Or the fact he actually thought Rhodes and Nuhiu was a worthy strike force earlier in the season

Or the fact that he didn’t realize Dawson and Pelupessy in the same side usually leads to defeat

Or the fact he randomly tried 3 at the back in panic mode and we collapsed

Or the downright negative, clogfest football he plays

Just a host of bad choices

etc etc

• Like 3

9 hours ago, dumboldowl said:

Chansiri was the Chairman at Christmas, when we were third in the League.  He wasn't the issue then.  The only things different since then have all taken place under this manager's stewardship.

Did you vote Conservative? 

Continuously seeing good in someone/something that's ruining the club/country and f@&#ing you over. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

Or the mad substitutions

Or the chopping and changing of the back line earlier this season

Or the refusal to play our two best crossers of the ball as wingers

Or the fact he actually thought Rhodes and Nuhiu was a worthy strike force earlier in the season

Or the fact that he didn’t realize Dawson and Pelupessy in the same side usually leads to defeat

Or the fact he randomly tried 3 at the back in panic mode and we collapsed

Or the downright negative, clogfest football he plays

Just a host of bad choices

etc etc

correct, chansiri is to blame for a lot of this mess, but we do actually have a half decent squad that should be performing way better than this shower are churning out. Iorfa, Murphy, Reach, Harris, Bannan, Luongo, Wickham, Borner, Lee, Palmer, Wildsmith/Dawson. That squad of players should be considerably higher in the league than what it is now

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, English Man said:

Did you vote Conservative? 

Continuously seeing good in someone/something that's ruining the club/country and f@&#ing you over. 

Yes I did, for the first time, after a lifetime in the mining industry.  I couldn't bring myself to support Corbyn.

I didn't say anything about seeing good in anyone, but I can't bring myself to support Monk either.

9 hours ago, erowl said:

Yes, were doing very well without those troublemakers.

Good riddance.

Thing is there are big egos and footballers who think they are as big as the club everywhere. 
it’s how they’re managed that’s key. 
You need a big manager and personality to sort them but they can be sorted. 
GM just can’t do that. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, WorrallOwl17 said:

Do you not understand how fragile and threadbare our squad is?

Wickham, Lee and Bannan (inconsistently) are the only players with any quality in the squad. With Wickham and Lee out for valid reasons it showed how poor we are. It was the same when Fletcher was here. With him we could cobble something together, without a total shambles.

Last night laid it all bare for me. We have a squad of below average players who think they are better than they are. Barely L1 standard if you ask me.

When PNE went long ball when stockley came on he showed us all how it should be done. He was a nasty fckr with elbows all over the place, but it was effective from the moment he entered the fray. We don't have that and haven't for twenty years.

I have never seen Iorfa, Palmer and Borner make so many mistakes. Bannan giving the ball away cheaply, Luongo doing something, not sure what. Harris and Murphy and then Reach incapable of terrorising any defence by taking on a man. A big lump up top who tries but can never get off the ground because he has two players marking him. Pelupessy chasing shadows because no other fckr is working hard enough around him. We have a club captain under a blanket rocking himself to sleep because he's been given a responsibility that he is not capable of carrying.

Then DC who is from a different culture, very authoritarian, who wants to manage  from the top but gets involved in decisions at all levels below, down to the flavour of crisps we sell.

By all means call for the managers head but that will not change a thing. This club is rotten to the core.  I feel sorry Monk who must turn up to work every day sigh and shake his head. Are these the lightweight snowflakes I have to work with every day. 

Look at all the above and tell me getting rid of Monk will help with any of it. The whole kit and kaboodle needs tearing apart and starting again. I can see that Monk is trying to change the system and ethos but he does not have the right tools to work with, although there are plenty of tools around. It is not monks job to determine the strategy for the club going forward. He can input into the mix what he wants to achieve and what he needs to do it but the board ultimately decide the direction. A board of one is not going to work.

Then I could get started on the daft short sighted comments on here, but that's a waste of my time.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, OwlBiSeeinThi said:

Do you not understand how fragile and threadbare our squad is?

Wickham, Lee and Bannan (inconsistently) are the only players with any quality in the squad. With Wickham and Lee out for valid reasons it showed how poor we are. It was the same when Fletcher was here. With him we could cobble something together, without a total shambles.

Last night laid it all bare for me. We have a squad of below average players who think they are better than they are. Barely L1 standard if you ask me.

When PNE went long ball when stockley came on he showed us all how it should be done. He was a nasty fckr with elbows all over the place, but it was effective from the moment he entered the fray. We don't have that and haven't for twenty years.

I have never seen Iorfa, Palmer and Borner make so many mistakes. Bannan giving the ball away cheaply, Luongo doing something, not sure what. Harris and Murphy and then Reach incapable of terrorising any defence by taking on a man. A big lump up top who tries but can never get off the ground because he has two players marking him. Pelupessy chasing shadows because no other fckr is working hard enough around him. We have a club captain under a blanket rocking himself to sleep because he's been given a responsibility that he is not capable of carrying.

Then DC who is from a different culture, very authoritarian, who wants to manage  from the top but gets involved in decisions at all levels below, down to the flavour of crisps we sell.

By all means call for the managers head but that will not change a thing. This club is rotten to the core.  I feel sorry Monk who must turn up to work every day sigh and shake his head. Are these the lightweight snowflakes I have to work with every day. 

Look at all the above and tell me getting rid of Monk will help with any of it. The whole kit and kaboodle needs tearing apart and starting again. I can see that Monk is trying to change the system and ethos but he does not have the right tools to work with, although there are plenty of tools around. It is not monks job to determine the strategy for the club going forward. He can input into the mix what he wants to achieve and what he needs to do it but the board ultimately decide the direction. A board of one is not going to work.

Then I could get started on the daft short sighted comments on here, but that's a waste of my time.

Good post

Totally agree

• Thanks 1

Owlstalk Shop

1 hour ago, bdmfournil said:

There isn't one player in the squad who is captain material.  There isn't one player in the squad who is vocal

on the pitch and there isn't one player in the squad who is an organiser.

They all play as individuals without any collective responsibility whatsoever.  We badly need a leader in defence and midfield.

We had Sam Hutchinson who played 19 of 23 games up to Christmas !!! Then Monk binned him off. Weather he was told too or not is irrelevant he was under contract until the end of the season you manage the player to the best of his ability until the end of the season.

Garry Monk is at fault for this !

I’m seriously thinking of packing in going ( when the time comes ) the system he’s using doesn’t suit us we haven’t got the players to do it, Palmer isn’t a centre back Borners too slow. Another thing the 4 players we have on loan are simply not good enough and Monk wants them back next season, we won’t have to bother about a points deduction we will be relegated.

9 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

We had Sam Hutchinson who played 19 of 23 games up to Christmas !!! Then Monk binned him off. Weather he was told too or not is irrelevant he was under contract until the end of the season you manage the player to the best of his ability until the end of the season.

Garry Monk is at fault for this !

EceRbDRXgAAp0uo.jpg

Owlstalk Shop