Garry Monk's Support Structure

Yes if he had anything about him he would have insisted on bringing his own team on day one like Bruce did. Brucie even told Chansiri i'm going to the cricket first so I'll turn up when i'm ready.

The only difference is Monk was on the failure carousel and just grabbed whatever job was dangled in front of him. All this "he's been dealt a bad hand" is bolix ... he knew what was here when he snatched the contract.

Didn't have the b*lls or the clout to dictate his own terms.

Jobsworth.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, NeonLeon said:

Might be doing him a disservice but I think Needs is just an analyst too. So it’s not like he’s someone Monk can lean on for advice and ideas really, like he could a Clotet or Beattie. 

Needs must.

1 hour ago, WalthamOwl said:

Pep Clotet left as Brum manager tonight. Maybe he and Monk could kiss and make up and get him in as his assistant. 

Cant see it happening really. If we get Clotet and Beattie in then it’s just more people to pay off when things go sour which they’re not far off doing now to be fair.

Looking at that team (and even assuming they are all good at their assigned jobs) it doesn’t make me think that Monk has anywhere near enough support for individual match preparation, tactics, strategy, in game management or much else that could make a significant difference. He seems to be on his own for many aspects of the manager’s job in a way previous others haven’t. Blaming him for accepting that situation is one thing but the reason why he doesn’t have that support is probably closer to the real problem.

1 minute ago, McRightSide said:

First it was the bad eggs

Now they’ve gone and we’re still terrible it’s the lack of coaches

Nope

The lack of coaches has been an issue since day one, has been brought up since day one, and for months I've been asking why we have more masseurs than first team coaches coaching our players

Ps - you do realise that it's not just 'bad eggs' OR 'no coaching structure' right?

Want to also discuss transfer embargoes, lack of spending, FFP restrictions, EFL charges looming, players not getting paid etc etc ?

Owlstalk Shop

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

The lack of coaches has been an issue since day one, has been brought up since day one, and for months I've been asking why we have more masseurs than first team coaches coaching our players

We have 3/4 staff members who take coaching (Monk, Bullen, Cooper and Weaver for GK) and 2 masseurs?

Edit - do need more coaching staff, though, definitely. But I don't think we have more masseurs than coaching staff

Edited by axolotl

2 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Nope

If Monk has a lack of staff to help him its his own fault

he took the job knowing what was going to happen, but he was either desperate for job or he thought he could do it all himself

if he was promised things that haven't happened he needs to resign for his own sake

6 minutes ago, the third man said:

Why take a job knowing you werent going to get anyone to help you, Bruce didn't

Why take a manager on and not let him have a support structure?

There's also the suggestion that Bullen was forced on Monk

You can't just lump every responsibility onto an incoming manager. The chairman (wherever he is) needs to share the burden 

Owlstalk Shop

25 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Why take a manager on and not let him have a support structure?

There's also the suggestion that Bullen was forced on Monk

You can't just lump every responsibility onto an incoming manager. The chairman (wherever he is) needs to share the burden 

OK if the chairman refused that's his fault, he offered the job, Monk took it based on what he was told, so back to what i said, he was either desperate for a job or thought he could do it all himself, only one person to blame for taking the job on those terms

• Like 2