As others have said, Biggs alluding to 12 point deduction.

If this transpires to be the case I wonder what peoples thoughts are on the club withholding any announcement? Sensible so as not to but even more pressure on players and staff or just another betrayal? 

4 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Put Fletcher, Forestieri, Fox and Hutchinson in our team tonight and we probably win that game.

Can be debated why Hutchinson left but I don’t think you can blame Monk for the other three leaving 

I think it's clear why Hutchinson is no longer here, that's entirely down to Monk. Forestieri hardly played under Monk and it's doubtful he was offered a new contract. We don't know the reason Fletcher and Fox turned down new contract offers but it's a possibility one or both of them didn't fancy playing with Monk as manager.

2 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I think it's clear why Hutchinson is no longer here, that's entirely down to Monk. Forestieri hardly played under Monk and it's doubtful he was offered a new contract. We don't know the reason Fletcher and Fox turned down new contract offers but it's a possibility one or both of them didn't fancy playing with Monk as manager.

That is all speculative and loaded.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Growl67 said:

If we get a 12 point deduction which bearing in mind what other clubs have been given would almost be the best case scenario, we’d be effectively be bottom, 1 point adrift and 6 points from safety with 4 games to go. Sorry but I just can’t see this shower having the bottle to turn that around Monks or no Monks. Let’s just hope and pray it doesn’t come to that.

Who are the other championship clubs given a 12point penalty? 

9 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Monk wanted to keep Fletcher, Fox and Forestieri. Contracts were offered but the money isn’t there to keep them.

The squad is thin now. The best attacking players we’ve had since restart are Murphy and Wickham who aren’t even our players. You can’t put that on Monk

2 minutes ago, pat blondeau said:

Monk wanted to keep Fletcher, Fox and Forestieri. Contracts were offered but the money isn’t there to keep them.

The squad is thin now. The best attacking players we’ve had since restart are Murphy and Wickham who aren’t even our players. You can’t put that on Monk

Fletcher and Fox were offered new contracts, I believe Forestieri was only offered an extension until the end of the season

Just now, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Hutchinson being frozen out was entirely down to Monk. Forestieri only started 7 games under Monk who obviously didn't rate him.

Why did Monk choose to dispense with Hutchinson's services? Without a substantive answer to that, I don't see how it's possible to assign responsibility for it. Forestieri has averaged only 11 starts for the last 3 seasons and was called out by a colleague for being unprofessional. Injuries have played their part, but is there more to it?

I have no answers either by the way, but I'm not constructing a particular narrative.

8 minutes ago, DJMortimer said:

Why did Monk choose to dispense with Hutchinson's services? Without a substantive answer to that, I don't see how it's possible to assign responsibility for it. Forestieri has averaged only 11 starts for the last 3 seasons and was called out by a colleague for being unprofessional. Injuries have played their part, but is there more to it?

I have no answers either by the way, but I'm not constructing a particular narrative.

1 hour ago, pat blondeau said:

Is it Monk’s fault a big part of the first team (Fletcher, Forestieri, Fox and Hutchinson) have all just walked away from the club for nothing?

I was just responding to pat blondeau's comment above, by saying that Monk wouldn't play 2 of them anyway.

3 hours ago, Steelman said:

Make no mistake. We'll look back on tonight's result as the moment we were relagated to League 1.

We've no chance of staying in this league now.

I blame Chansiri 100% - The only positive is that when we go down he might sling his hook. He's killed this club.

The shame and embarrassment of supporting this shitshow never ends.

Whilst I understand your sentiment, do you genuinely believe that investors out there would be looking at us as a serious business proposition ?

It's all well and good saying DC should go and sell up, but who the hell would want us !!!!

3 hours ago, Steelman said:

Make no mistake. We'll look back on tonight's result as the moment we were relagated to League 1.

We've no chance of staying in this league now.

I blame Chansiri 100% - The only positive is that when we go down he might sling his hook. He's killed this club.

The shame and embarrassment of supporting this shitshow never ends.

Anything over a 9 point deduction and we are relegated, simple as that.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

Anything over a 9 point deduction and we are relegated, simple as that.

Sorry that should have said 9 or above.

Let's be fair we are a complete car crash of a club and this is down to one man, Chansiri.

The sooner he sells up and fucksoff the better.

People who think we are in a better state now then just before he took over really need to have a long hard word with themselves.

• Like 1

I think that we simply have to accept now that for the foreseeable future things are going to be very grim here, made worse by events at the Lane and up the M1.

In fairness, the Blades are exceptionally lucky to have Wilder, and we would have been unlikely to attract a manager of Bielsa's calibre, no matter how good our chairman might have been.

Chansiri is indeed a pie can, and an arrogant, stubborn one at that, but he ain't had much luck either.

If Hooper stays fit then we're in another Wembley play-off final, for instance.

All clubs get injuries, but we got them to key players on a regular basis, and no club can cope with that.

You'd only got to walk past the stadium in those days and you could feel your hamstrings going.

Looking back over the last decade, since Mandy modernized the club, the turning point was probably not accepting Warnock and hitching our waggon to his vendetta against McCabe.

The Blades fans I know breathed a sigh of relief when we rejected him.

Nuff said.

We could end up with a 12 point deduction.

However we should be way more that 12 points clear of bottom 3.

13 points from 57. 

25 out of 57 (Which still would be an average set of results) and we would be well clear even with a points deduction.

5 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Hutchinson being frozen out was entirely down to Monk. Forestieri only started 7 games under Monk who obviously didn't rate him.

And he actually tried, unlike the majority of our squad. 

Now we're left starting the likes of Pelupessy and Da Cruz, kids on the bench, and about as much squad depth as a newly promoted League 1 team. With no money and FFP against us we'll struggle to bring in players of any calibre for next season, I truly believe we're destined for relegation. 

Edited by Sykes