Guest Grez Bez

Its not good enough but its not Wildsmiths fault

I think both young keepers are good and have taken way too much stick

49 minutes ago, steelerian said:

How many of those goals would you say he should have saved? How many were his fault? I'd say 0 and 0.

There was a dubious near post one the other week, and I reckon Dawson might have got down to at least one of the ones tonight.

Wildsmith’s lack of height costs him regularly.

But as I said, both sub-par at this level anyway so it’s splitting hairs

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

So Wildsmith let's 10 in over 5 games but yet Dawson conceeded 5 against Blackburn and 5 against Brentford so achieved that feat. in 180 minutes of football and there is a debate?

Dawson’s average goals conceded per game this season is less than Wildsmith’s. 

you’ve picked two out.....but Wildsmith has played 5 and let in 10

only fair to pick 5 games to suit for Dawson so let’s go for 

Charlton (h)

Millwall (h)

Leeds (a)

Bristol City (h)

Forest (a)

Debate that

1 minute ago, deaks1984 said:

Did anyone see our free kick deep in their half? Rather than cross it in we played it back and out so they could have a throw in, inside our half.

I don't think the keepers are the real issue.

Palmer and Iorfa summed up in one moment.

Cowardly (Palmer) and careless (Iorfa)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Ian said:

Dawson’s average goals conceded per game this season is less than Wildsmith’s. 

you’ve picked two out.....but Wildsmith has played 5 and let in 10

only fair to pick 5 games to suit for Dawson so let’s go for 

Charlton (h)

Millwall (h)

Leeds (a)

Bristol City (h)

Forest (a)

Debate that

So most of Dawson's games were during a period where the team were having some success.

To be a little more fair why don't we just take both players last 5 games. Where team selection and performances are most similar.

So Dawson got a clean sheet against Charlton...well done. How did he do on the other 4 games??? Oh that's right he conceeded 14

I rate Wildsmith much more than Dawson, but certainly aren’t helped by what’s in front of them. 

It’s crazy how many goals we concede because i genuinely rate Borner and Iorfa, and I think many others do. Have we been missing Tom Lees?

16 minutes ago, deaks1984 said:

So most of Dawson's games were during a period where the team were having some success.

To be a little more fair why don't we just take both players last 5 games. Where team selection and performances are most similar.

So Dawson got a clean sheet against Charlton...well done. How did he do on the other 4 games??? Oh that's right he conceeded 14

if you want to be fair why pick and choose.....just count every game

9 minutes ago, Ian said:

if you want to be fair why pick and choose.....just count every game

You are only as good as your last game.

If you wanted to pick a keeper on how good they used to be, then Peter Shilton would still be playing for England.

Edited by deaks1984
Typo

1 minute ago, deaks1984 said:

You are only as good as your last game.

If you wanted to pick a keeper on how good they used to be, then Peter Shilton would still be playing for England.

what an absolute load of she ite......so if Wildsmith keeps 9 clean sheets followed by us losing 6-1 you'd drop him for Dawson cus he only let 5 in against Brentford

You clown

Just now, Ian said:

what an absolute load of she ite......so if Wildsmith keeps 9 clean sheets followed by us losing 6-1 you'd drop him for Dawson cus he only let 5 in against Brentford

You clown

It's a saying "as good as your last game" but obviously I'd have to explain that to you as well.

What you are saying is let's take into consideration something that happened before Christmas when everything seemed fine. Which I'm saying isn't fair on Wildsmith as he didn't play then. 

So in the interests of fairness I took each players last five games i.e. "recent form" (surely you know what this is?)

This is generally how team selection works, hence Wildsmith is playing now and Dawson isn't. 

Because being brutally honest Dawson was absolutely shocking before Wildsmith got his chance.

Now let me hop on my unicycle before I squirt this flower at you.