Bannan, Luongo

45 minutes ago, HarryPlopper said:

Right now, i'd prefer non of them in there.    I don't get where you are coming from to be honest because Luongo offers nothing, Bannan has been horrendous for an age now and this is the first time of note JP has been on the pitch.

So who’s playing in central midfield? 

Classic ‘look at me I’m controversial’ post.

1 minute ago, Beholder said:

Not saying i know .

But if we got offered 1 or 2 million, i'd sooner keep him.

As my lad has just said to me, see how they would play with a decent manager. As it stands I don’t rate Bannan. Sounds harsh and loads will argue but that’s my opinion. 
Poor end product, set pieces, lots of back passes, screams team mates out even though he drops a ball every game. 
I just think he as much as anyone needs freshening up. 

• Like 2

Guest Grez Bez
29 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

As my lad has just said to me, see how they would play with a decent manager. As it stands I don’t rate Bannan. Sounds harsh and loads will argue but that’s my opinion. 
Poor end product, set pieces, lots of back passes, screams team mates out even though he drops a ball every game. 

Its hard to play every pass right when every play goes through you.

32 minutes ago, stanningtonowl said:

Somebody ring Mcarthy before we miss out....again..

1 hour ago, Beholder said:

Tell you what, the Bannan debate goes on.

He doesn't work in a two, so we give him a 3 and build the team round him.

Still doesn't work.

If we could get an offer , something like 5 or 6 million I'd get rid

5 or 6 million? They would have to be on drugs , free transfer and lose his wages would be best you would get . Ive said it many times bannan offers little or nothing scores 1 a season corners awful ,free kicks poor and often gives ball away. Most overrated player ever. 

Have to agree, we wouldn't get 5_6M for the total squad. If we got two bags of crisps, a bottle of dandelion and burdock and a gold sovereign I'd take it for Bannan. He is crap end off. Get rid off the lot, start again and get my love back for this club. 

2 hours ago, Beholder said:

Tell you what, the Bannan debate goes on.

He doesn't work in a two, so we give him a 3 and build the team round him.

Still doesn't work.

If we could get an offer , something like 5 or 6 million I'd get rid

I think we would do well to get half that with one year left on his contact.  Bannan’s a nice footballer, an old school ball player, but increasingly I’m of the opinion he just doesn’t have the legs or the physicality to play modern day Championship football.  We shouldn’t confuse having lots of touches with running the game.