Wednesday - V - Preston OMDT

Hope you’re right about the two up front Snoots. Nuhiu at least made an effort to get on the end of one of those crosses last time out.

We might not score many but those cynical Preston defenders will know they’ve been in a game. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, room0035 said:

Keep it simple - 3-5-2, with two changes Lees in for Palmer and Rhodes in for Da Cruz

Wildsmith, Borner, Lees, Iorfa, Reach, Bannan, Lee, Luongo, Murphy, Wickham, Rhodes (3-5-2)

I wouldn't have Reach anywhere near the team after his last two performances. In fact, to put it into perspective, Pelupessy contributed more in his brief substitute appearance. 

Harris has been rested and expect him to start. 

• Like 1

This is one of those that we cannot afford to lose. I expect that the chances will be converted into goals but hard to predict who will be the striker duo. I'd play Wickham - Rhodes and throw Nuhiu in at 55-60 minutes if things are not looking good.

I wonder if Monk will be tempted to start Wickham on the bench tonight, bring him on if and when needed. He has played a hell of a lot of football of late after playing next to nothing for a long period. Saying that if it meant he starts Nuhiu and Cruz together i would play a half fit Wickham! 

Be great to have Windass back on the bench as an option. Like what I’ve seen of him. Can score a goal and looks full of effort although according to Dom he hasn’t been named in the squad if that link is anything to go by?

Edited by WalthamOwl

Is this the longest gap in time ever in all football history between the first meeting away from home and the return fixture at home in the same season?

August 24th 2019 to July 8th 2020, a total of 309 days.

We were driving in Northern Italy to Lake Garda during the Deepdale game as we did our usual defeat. Got to the Campsite that evening and as we were shown to our Safari tent I could here Lancashire accents talking next door to our plot. Said to my son ‘I’ll call it now. They’ll be Preston fans....’

Sure enough as my son emerged in front of them in his green Wednesday away shirt

’Ehh newh thun! Greht result tudeh!!’

’Youre not....?’

’We are!!!’

Typical Wednesday 

1 hour ago, BARMYARMY2010 said:

We always seem to turn "this lot over" at home,their record stinks at hillsborough.

I dunno, I distinctly remember taking our lass to her first away game there a couple of years ago and getting stuffed...