Wednesday - V - Preston OMDT

Oh I can't be arsed 😂 😂 

The spectre of a points deduction permeates every thought I have about football. Can't get excited about games cos I know that even if we win the joy is tempered by the knowledge that off field decisions could render it useless. DC has gambled and lost, he has put money in but failed to make money on top. The players look like they are on a bonus for not scoring and the manager seems happy to let them collect. 

The EFL, with FPP, P and S or whatever bullshiit term they've come up with to mask the fact that a third of the clubs in this league have a virtually unsurmountable monetary advantage due to parachute payments that clubs are having to stretch themselves and find loopholes and creative accounting methods to compete, have stripped me of my will to engage. 

Anyway, 2 nil Wednesday and I'll be happy. See you all at 7.45.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

Wouldn't it be nice to just have a comfortable home win. A goal in each half and a solid 2 v 0.

Wickham (23)

Rhodes (66)

I’m right with you on that one, but would probably need a couple more, say Bannan (75) and Nuhiu (90 + 2 to settle the nerves) before I would feel comfortable!

Preston just can't handle dig Dave... Give Rhodes 20 minutes then bring the colossus on and watch them quake in their boots and fill their shorts with the brown stuff has they realize they've got a full 70+minutes to deal with him and not just the usual 20 minutes of carnage he wreaks on em. 

4-1 wednesday nuhiu 2 Murphy and wickham

Come on you blue and white wizards 

• Thanks 1

Got to take advantage of a team on a poor run for once. Need the 3 points tonight. Come on Wednesday!!! 2v1. Been getting loads of stick from my PNE in-laws about the EFL case, would love to be able to give them some back tonight after we get the 3 points. 

Edited by WalthamOwl

We’ve probably not had to say this many times recently, but it genuinely is a must win. We have had this cloud hovering over us for far too long now and it’s only matter of time before it starts to pour, and quite heavily as well.

Up the owls

We desperately need a nippy striker in the box and IMO Josh Windass IF he is fit is the player, plus I know the majority of you fellow Owls will disagree but I would play Alex Hunt instead of Kieran Lee. I've always been a Lee fan but he's made many mistakes over the past few games and also put in a few good touches but I think young Hunt should be given a run especially when we need urgency from midfield. I like Wickham but he would be heaps better IF his first touch was better, just check out his first touches over the last couple of games on ( i follow ) they have been very poor. Having given my opinion I think we will win 2-1 or 3-1.     WAWAW  UTO 

Edited by owlsruleok
Wrong extra word

9 hours ago, striker said:

Not expecting a classic, Preston may as well be coached by Tom Daly and will spend most of the game on the floor. Hope we fluke the first goal, or could be a long night chasing a game against the masters of shithousery, who will just kill the game. 

Nail on head mate!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Buddy Repperton said:

Fully expecting another awful 90 plus mins of diving, cheating, injustice with plenty of virtue signalling and political brainwashing thrown in.

Football RIP!

UTO

That's a big green arrow of agreement from me

... sadly   :sad:

• Like 1