Beamback (Sort of)

Sounds too reasonable, which makes a mockery of not allowing football fans in to games all together.

Meanwhile, people cram in to pubs to get pissed as we celebrate our victory over Covid19 as restrictions have been watered down to nothing, and are not policed anyway.

• Like 3

Guest Grez Bez

Great idea.

Can't see how it breaks any rules big done properly unless the IFollow contract forbids it.

If it's ST Holders only to start with I can't see that being an issue.

26 minutes ago, Ever the pessimist said:

Banner Cross are advertising showing Pigs tomorrow night.

An establishment in Hillsborough is showing our game tomorrow.

I presume its not Wetherspoons

WETHERSPOONS has confirmed that it won't be screening any live sports in pubs when they reopen on Saturday.

While the government's Covid-19 secure guidelines doesn't ban pubs and restaurants from broadcasting live games, it does ask businesses not putting on any entertainment that "may encourage shouting".

50 minutes ago, pahowl said:

WETHERSPOONS has confirmed that it won't be screening any live sports in pubs when they reopen on Saturday.

While the government's Covid-19 secure guidelines doesn't ban pubs and restaurants from broadcasting live games, it does ask businesses not putting on any entertainment that "may encourage shouting".

No. That Brass Monkey opposite park shows them all.

9 hours ago, pahowl said:

I'll do a bit of 'virtual' advance shouting seeing as it's Preston. Can't imagine it will be anything different to normal.

"Fu*k off Pearson you cheating, diving tw*t".

"Fuc*in stand up you Cheating Bast**ds".

"Get a grip ref, it's every fuc*n year".

" Come on Wednesday, give em some back, stop being so fuc*in soft".

"Ahh for Christ's sake, it was never a free kick"

"Nice one ref, cost us the fuc**n match       again".

etc etc etc.

Sounds like a good idea. Trouble is Chansiri would charge around £150 each for the privilege. Otherwise he'd just say it won't make money, like the executive boxes that he charges a second mortgage for. 

Guest paulvcooke

http://www.tltsolicitors.com/insights-and-events/insight/showing-football-matches-in-pubs-from-4-july/

In addition, all venues should ensure that steps are taken to avoid people needing to unduly raise their voices to each other. This includes, but is not limited to, refraining from playing music or broadcasts that may encourage shouting, including if played at a volume that makes normal conversation difficult." 

This means that whilst there is no prohibition on showing football matches per se; the obligation has been put on operators to ensure that broadcasts (which would include showing the football) do not encourage shouting, as well as the new restrictions, set out below.

Therefore if you are showing football matches you will be required to demonstrate an element of control over customer behaviour. As such, showing football will require risk assessing as part of your overall re-opening risk assessment.

Beer and football with no raised voices, good luck with that. Seems impossible to me. Maybe the government have not thought this through properly, how unusual.......