3 hours ago, Manwë said:

If I'm not mistaken, there will be crowds next season in League One and Two, albeit in limited reduced numbers (source: Rochdale chairman)

We could be going then

• Haha 4
2 hours ago, Howards back said:

It was the french cup final the article was about.   Sorry about the confusion. 

Eh? France cancelled their season ages ago

I do feel for those clubs.  They are dependent on ticket revenue.  Would hate to see any club go bust.  Still, the game needs to have a look at itself and we may need to reconsider transfer fees, wages and the role of agents.  The bubble was always going to burst. 

• Like 1
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Blatter said:

Imagine a match with 1 metre+ social distancing.

Single file and 1way system on the concourses. 1 at a time in the gangways, and nobody can sit either side or to the front or rear of you in the stands. I reckon you would be allowed about 6000 in Hillsborough on that basis and SAG would never allow it because there would be no safe way of of rapid evacuation of the stands in an emergency.

I think the answer is whenever there is a vaccine that works.

There have been flu vaccines every year for the last ten plus years in winter for the flu...and every year around 10,000 die from flu...don't put your hope in a vaccine

Edited by daveyboy66
  • Like 1
1 minute ago, daveyboy66 said:

There have been flu vaccines every year for the last ten plus years in winter for the flu...and every year around 10,000 die from flu...don't put your hope in a vaccine

I make you right.  No guarantees they will even find one, nevermind if it'll actually be effective. 

I just wonder how long supporters would be prepared to wait to return to matches.  Suppose this goes on beyond the 20/21 season. 

22 minutes ago, Therealrealist said:

Eh? France cancelled their season ages ago

Final to be played on July 24 between PSG and St Etienne. Didn’t say anything about a crowd so maybe I imagined that bit. 

They keep talking on talksport like their won’t be crowds rest of this year, maybe ease people in towards the end of this year. 

Clarification on crowds.

1. = You are on your own.
  2. = A couple.
  3. = A small group.
  4. = A quartet.
  5. = A quintet.
  6. = Half a dozen.
  7. = A medium group.

Once you are in excess of a dozen you are in the realms of a small gathering.

Once you are in excess of 20 you are in the small crowd.

Numbers of more than 50 tend to be quite arbitrary.

Hope this helps. 

25 minutes ago, CraftyCockneyOwl said:

I make you right.  No guarantees they will even find one, nevermind if it'll actually be effective. 

I just wonder how long supporters would be prepared to wait to return to matches.  Suppose this goes on beyond the 20/21 season. 

If we go into 20/21 without some sort of attendance, I fear we won't have much left outside the EPL. 

The conference have already stated they can't restart without fans. 

Id go as far as to say the trouble starts in the championship and goes from there. 

• Like 3

Screenshot 2020-07-06 at 13.01.39.jpg

Sod the virus

I'm out in Scarborough and Whitby today having the time of my life

Nobody about in Scarborough (whitby is packed)

Currently in the Dolphin Hotel next to Whitby Bridge having beers

Life's too short innit

*note - I probably will get The Rona today*

• Like 3

Owlstalk Shop

I can’t see proper crowds being available until 2022/23 at the earliest. 

Until then maybe very small crowds but clubs need to manage the financial impact through reduced wages, being smarter with contracts etc... 

1 minute ago, crookesowl said:

I can’t see proper crowds being available until 2022/23 at the earliest. 

Until then maybe very small crowds but clubs need to manage the financial impact through reduced wages, being smarter with contracts etc... 

Alot of Wednesday players are out of contract at the end of the season which is a blessing.  Probably the right time to start bringing youth through. 

Our government will likely follow the rest of Europe. If you start seeing crowds in Germany, Spain and Italy you’ll see them return here.

Whether league 1 and 2 (and even the championship) can start next season with crowd restrictions still in place remains to be seen 

1 hour ago, daveyboy66 said:

I did say a vaccine that works, but I do understand that flu vaccines are nowhere near 100% effective because there are different strains that mutate each year. Covid 19  could well be the same when studied over time.

Must say though that I have not hade flu in well over the decade since age qualified me for the annual jab.

They've never found a cure for the common cold, so there's no guarantee they'll find one for Covid 19. Football, like many other forms of entertainment, is simply not sustainable without crowds, i'm afraid to say.

4 hours ago, Maddogbob said:

If we go into 20/21 without some sort of attendance, I fear we won't have much left outside the EPL. 

The conference have already stated they can't restart without fans. 

Id go as far as to say the trouble starts in the championship and goes from there. 

I can see some Premier League clubs struggling as well, my money would be on Tottenham, didn't they recently take out a massive loan? 

22 minutes ago, REDAs_biG_piECE said:

It should be our choice wether to attend games or not

If you’re scared of the invisible threat then stay locked up in your home living in fear 

That simple 

No it shouldn't be our choice. 

Not at all. 

Not even in the slightest. 

• Haha 2
9 hours ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Bubonic plague found in China, Melbourne locking down, India cases rising, deaths still being reported in UK and more towns potentially will be under localised lockdowns.

Attending a football match is waaaaaay down the list of priorities.

I agree with your last sentence.  However bubonic plague can be cured these days, so that's not a problem.