Nuhiu Wickham Da Cruz Rhodes

8 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Nuhiu is appalling and everyone but some Wednesday fans can see it, fans of other clubs laugh when he’s brought on or when he starts 
Come back Jay Bothroyd all is forgiven 

I don’t care what other clubs’ fans think.  Remind me who scored on Sunday? 

• Like 1

Wickham obviously plays and I’d stick with Da Cruz. Clearly there’s something there. Looks desperate to score. Maybe needs to relax a bit. Goal will come for him if he keeps getting in positions and doesn’t let the pressure get to his head.

Rhodes... still got striker’s instinct but unfortunately that’s all he has left. Zero pace, athleticism or upper body strength. He’ll score occasionally when the ball drops to his feet or right on his head but generally offers nothing

Nuhiu has shown time and again he’s a great impact sub but can’t play 90mins. Considering how quick the games are coming I’d be looking to get 60mins out of Wickham each game and then bring the big man on for last 30

Edited by robswfc
  • Like 2

Guest Kagoshimaowl
On 06/07/2020 at 00:46, Dexter Morgan said:

Any 2 of the 3 that doesn’t include the donkey 

Rhodes?

On 05/07/2020 at 16:39, striker said:

Let's be fair, we've nothing up front. 

Wickham's done well but looks tired, we've had 7 years to debate Nuhiu (I'm not a fan), the Rhodes debate over the last 3 years, Da Cruz industrious but doesn't look to have any goal threat whatsoever. 

I bet when Monk looks at his options he could cry. He's probably very close to saying in his press conference, "you've seen who I've got available to pick from, what the fizz do you want me to do?"

Bearing in mind, he brought two of them in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, gurujuan said:

Bearing in mind, he brought two of them in

Cant disagree with that to be fair. I think Wickham has been good since we returned, but can't play every minute. I get the impression Da Cruz was a cheap, let's have a look at him loan.

On 06/07/2020 at 16:39, Dexter Morgan said:

Nuhiu is appalling and everyone but some Wednesday fans can see it, fans of other clubs laugh when he’s brought on or when he starts 
Come back Jay Bothroyd all is forgiven 

Absolute drivvle................

Depends on the formation. I think Da Cruz would be more effective in a front three, he’s not an out and out striker like wickam. 

Everyone was probably hoping that Rhodes might have come out the otherside of lockdown a better player, but 4 games in I’m still not convinced - regardless of the formation. 

All monk needs to do is find out the best formation that is suited to the players we have, as opposed to being stubborn and playing what might he deemed as the other players with the most ‘technical abilty’ in any formation. 

The consensus seems to be that, we have been left with 4 poo forwards, which may or may not be true How do people think we will do better, come Sept, on a reduced budget? This might be as good as it gets for a while

3 minutes ago, gurujuan said:

The consensus seems to be that, we have been left with 4 poo forwards, which may or may not be true How do people think we will do better, come Sept, on a reduced budget? This might be as good as it gets for a while

See, this is how I’m thinking. Nuhiu isn’t the best forward currently at the club but we know he can do a job. I would hope that we can buy someone better and use Nuhiu in his current capacity but given the club’s current predicament, I’m not holding out that hope. Mr C might be that rich that he can p155 diamonds and 5h1t gold but (now more than ever before) we can’t spend any of Mr C millions due to FFP restrictions. Holding onto Nuhiu might be the sensible option. 

Seen enough of Rhodes now to make the judgement that he's the worst signing we've ever made. Not sure if it's confidence, the way we play or the Wednesday curse, but the resurrection of Jordan Rhodes isn't happening. Got to get him off the wage bill, and he'll no doubt join somebody else and score 50 goals next season.

Need to see more of Da Cruz to be honest, showed glimpses of what he can do but then also showed a lot of what he can't do. We no longer shop in Waitrose so have to do with taking a chance on unknown foreign imports in Aldi in the hope they are similar. 

Since the break, Wickham has rolled his sleeves up and got stuck in. Pinning our entire hopes on him for the rest of the season so he'll probably get injured at some point.

Still relying on Nuhiu after 84 years, shows how bad things have got but I can't fault the bloke's commitment to the cause by sticking around. Nothing more than an impact sub.

To answer your question, not a clue.   

• Like 2

Guest wilyfox

If Windass isn't ready, I'd stick with Wickham & Da Cruz. If the club are considering Windass & Da Cruz beyond this season, we need to road test them as much as possible. They have more to prove. 

1 minute ago, wilyfox said:

If Windass isn't ready, I'd stick with Wickham & Da Cruz. If the club are considering Windass & Da Cruz beyond this season, we need to road test them as much as possible. They have more to prove. 

On what I’ve seen so far I would be happy to keep Windass. Cruz is a waste of space. 

Guest wilyfox
1 minute ago, WalthamOwl said:

On what I’ve seen so far I would be happy to keep Windass. Cruz is a waste of space. 

Both need to show more. Windass' injury came at a bad time for him. By all accounts, he came into training in very good nick before restart. I was looking forward to a contribution from him. I understand many have made their minds up on Da Cruz, but I see his situation very changeable. A goal or two may sway opinions. Play both as much as possible during run in. It's the only way to test them.