Nuhiu Wickham Da Cruz Rhodes

3 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Any 2 of the 3 that doesn’t include the donkey 

I know you’re referring to Nuhiu based upon the names given to him on here but the real donkey is Jordan “can’t be arsed now and in living off past success” Rhodes. That donkey you referred to scored today has scored more goals than Rhodes and has provided more assists yet we have fans that refer to Nuhiu as a donkey and sing the virtues of Rhodes (whatever the Fvvck they are). 

• Like 4

49 minutes ago, shandypants said:

I know you’re referring to Nuhiu based upon the names given to him on here but the real donkey is Jordan “can’t be arsed now and in living off past success” Rhodes. That donkey you referred to scored today has scored more goals than Rhodes and has provided more assists yet we have fans that refer to Nuhiu as a donkey and sing the virtues of Rhodes (whatever the Fvvck they are). 

Well said. He's no world beater but Nuhiu's gameplay is far more effective than Rhodes' (which is non-existent) he scores more, and actually looks like he's bothered

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, shandypants said:

In just a single four month spell in 2018, Nuhiu scored as many goals and got twice as many assists as Rhodes has in his entire Wednesday career. Can you imagine the reaction if you'd suggested something like that when our record signing first turned up?

• Like 1

13 hours ago, shandypants said:

Absolutely this. Agree he's better off the bench but we'd be making a big mistake if we let Nuhiu go. How many times has he come on for the last 20 minutes and got us out of the crap?? Also,don't forget at Leeds this season it was Nuhiu's pass that set up Murphy's goal and Nuhiu that calmiy buried the clincher.

• Like 1

We have conceded 5 goals in the last 2, I would be looking at ways to sure up the defense.

This idea is a bit out there, so bare with me but could we play 3 central defenders in the back three and 2 wing backs on the wings.

I know it is out their thinking not have a full back in the back three and two midfielders playing wingbacks who cannot defend. 

We could bring experience into the goal in KW but Monk would have to stop putting his own pride in front of the football club so this is highly unlikely.

• Like 1

Does it really have to be a two upfront? Let's face it we're just arguing about who is slightly less awful than the rest, Wickham has probably elevated himself above the others by virtue of scoring a couple lately.

I wonder if a 5-3-1-1 could work, just as a short term fix. Reach's most productive spell for us was in the middle of a 4-2-3-1, where we could utilise his running and ability to spaff one in from 30 yards occasionally. As evidenced yesterday, defensively he ain't all that but we should try and use him somehow.

I'd try him just behind a big lump up front to hold the ball up, rotate between Wickham/Nuhiu as form and fitness dictate. Chuck one of the other wasters on in the last 15-20 if we're chasing a goal.

10 minutes ago, Marc_Degryse said:

Does it really have to be a two upfront? Let's face it we're just arguing about who is slightly less awful than the rest, Wickham has probably elevated himself above the others by virtue of scoring a couple lately.

I wonder if a 5-3-1-1 could work, just as a short term fix. Reach's most productive spell for us was in the middle of a 4-2-3-1, where we could utilise his running and ability to spaff one in from 30 yards occasionally. As evidenced yesterday, defensively he ain't all that but we should try and use him somehow.

I'd try him just behind a big lump up front to hold the ball up, rotate between Wickham/Nuhiu as form and fitness dictate. Chuck one of the other wasters on in the last 15-20 if we're chasing a goal.

Reach is gash in the middle, in fact, generally gash anywhere at the minute

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, billyblack said:

Reach is gash in the middle, in fact, generally gash anywhere at the minute

Yeah, but I think it's fair to say we haven't got the best out of him this season. He's suffered a lot from changing the system and position every five minutes too. He's a bit weird in that you'd think he has all the attributes to be good in a wide position, but struggles to perform either in a defensively minded role or more attacking one out wide as he becomes a bit peripheral. I think he's at his best when stripped of most defensive responsibilities and given freedom to roam around and generally just shoot at will.

There's definitely a player in there and pound for pound I'd say he's a better footballer than any of Rhodes, Nuhiu or Da Cruz. He's got a fantastic engine on him too which we'll need with such a threadbare squad and so many games coming up. Needs Monk to put an arm around him and be given a bit of creative licence, don't expect that will happen though.

5 hours ago, room0035 said:

We have conceded 5 goals in the last 2, I would be looking at ways to sure up the defense.

This idea is a bit out there, so bare with me but could we play 3 central defenders in the back three and 2 wing backs on the wings.

I know it is out their thinking not have a full back in the back three and two midfielders playing wingbacks who cannot defend. 

We could bring experience into the goal in KW but Monk would have to stop putting his own pride in front of the football club so this is highly unlikely.

We haven’t got 3 fit central defenders and we haven’t got any wingbacks.

8 minutes ago, 83owl said:

We haven’t got 3 fit central defenders and we haven’t got any wingbacks.

But we still play a system that needs 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs.

Can you see the problem yet. Our tactical genius we call a manager.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, room0035 said:

But we still play a system that needs 3 centre backs and 2 wing backs.

Can you see the problem yet. Our tactical genius we call a manager.

Ok so we play a back 4. Iorfa and borner at CB then any 2 out of reach, Palmer, lee or odubajo for the fullback position. This means we then either play 2 upfront and leave the central midfield to get overrun or we play 1 upfront who then gets isolated. 

Either way it’s hardly an improvement.

20 hours ago, shandypants said:

I know you’re referring to Nuhiu based upon the names given to him on here but the real donkey is Jordan “can’t be arsed now and in living off past success” Rhodes. That donkey you referred to scored today has scored more goals than Rhodes and has provided more assists yet we have fans that refer to Nuhiu as a donkey and sing the virtues of Rhodes (whatever the Fvvck they are

Nuhiu is appalling and everyone but some Wednesday fans can see it, fans of other clubs laugh when he’s brought on or when he starts 
Come back Jay Bothroyd all is forgiven 

4 hours ago, Dexter Morgan said:

Nuhiu is appalling and everyone but some Wednesday fans can see it, fans of other clubs laugh when he’s brought on or when he starts 
Come back Jay Bothroyd all is forgiven 

You are wrong though. Anyone that understands football knows what he offers. I guess every Wednesday manager is wrong who have used him. Maybe we ought to employ the many voices of wisdom on here as the next Wednesday manager.

• Like 4