League Table Since Christmas

5 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I really do think the team finishing 22nd will be relegated with 50-54 points this season. Weren't Peterborough relegated with 56 points not so long ago?

That was in the Dave Jones era and an extremely rare event. 

15 hours ago, TheEnchanter said:

Disgustingly bad. Fans let down hugely. And people want to re-sign some of the players. 

I'm not denying the results but the logic is somewhat flawed. In 1990 we were relegated with Hirst, Sheridan, Palmer, Pearson, Nilsson, Atkinson etc. Good job the club back then didn't apply this kind of principle. Also, I think you have to consider the kind of market we are likely shopping in. The evidence seems to suggest we will not be able to spend significant amounts, even if there is no severe punishment from the EFL hearing.

8 hours ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

I really do think the team finishing 22nd will be relegated with 50-54 points this season. Weren't Peterborough relegated with 56 points not so long ago?

No. They are the only team in the three points for a win era to be relegated with as many as 54 however. So, without a points deduction, we are a whisker from guaranteed safety already.

13 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Of course it’s the wrong uns.

Do you actually believe we went from churning out results and grinding out wins to absolute nothing? 

It’s a massive bomb down the table - the ones who have gone have been a poison from within and I bet there contract talks and everything else coincided around New Year when they were told they wouldn’t be getting a new one or playing again. 

Low and behold - performances tank, upset within the camp reported etc. Monk has alluded to it all since then - how poisonous some players are and that he has to make difficult decisions, problem is - he has to keep us in this league, there is way too much player power at the minute. 

You could see from the first 2 games back the change in our performances and play - compare that to the Blackburn and Derby games we rolled over in, at least we’ve controlled the games we’ve played in for a fair amount of time - we just don’t have the personnel to put games to bed, that’s it.

Monk isn’t to blame - blame the players, we’ve got rid of most of them thank god and I hope to god we get to the end of this season and stay up to clear the decks some more. Bring on next season - get some players who want to play for this club and the fans, because those lot who have finally f*cked off didn’t want to play for Monk, caused trouble from within and most importantly - tried their best to make this club unsuccessful in results and that ultimately penalises us - the fans. F*ck them. 

And since the club were finally rid of these poisonous "wrong 'uns" you blame for the downturn in results when their contracts expired on 30th June:

Played 2, lost 2 

I would not want Monk to rebuild my old brick bbq.

Never in a million years would I give him the job of rebuilding SWFC.

As others have said please give us one fragment of evidence that suggests Monk might be a good choice for that job.

8 hours ago, alanharper said:

And since the club were finally rid of these poisonous "wrong 'uns" you blame for the downturn in results when their contracts expired on 30th June:

Played 2, lost 2 

Did you read my post?

The game we play has on the whole been MUCH better than post January before COVID, we’ve actually took control of games. We just can’t finish - that’s the crux of it. We missed two sitters Sunday, cost us the game.

• Like 1

On 06/07/2020 at 19:25, TodwickOwl said:

Did you read my post?

The game we play has on the whole been MUCH better than post January before COVID, we’ve actually took control of games. We just can’t finish - that’s the crux of it. We missed two sitters Sunday, cost us the game.

I read it and i honestly cant fathom how you feel Monk is blameless. IF these players were told contracts were not forthcoming by Monk, then why ?? We were 3rd. Hutchinson had been key and played 19 or 23 games i believe. To then tell him your not getting a new contract is simply bad management. Then to basically banish him is beyond a joke. I am not being funny but yes the players should be professional and not down tools like they did but they shouldnt be put in a position to do so. 

Look at last year, Marco Matias was one of our better players after Bruce came in either starting or from the bench, he was probably challanged by Bruce to earn a new contract. He didnt and was released but until that point still worked hard to get one. 

Monk is a bad manager. He is not totally to blame as the players are wrong uns as put (and there are still plenty of them here) and there has been a lack of leadership from DC but Monk is as much to blame as the others. 

Ideally we need a cleanout from top to bottom but were not getting a new chairman, the player clean out has started but Monk needed to go months ago and the sooner he is the better this club will be for it.

• Like 2

Brilliant post by Dutch McLovin imo:

14 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

Ideally we need a cleanout from top to bottom but were not getting a new chairman, the player clean out has started but Monk needed to go months ago and the sooner he is the better this club will be for it.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2020 at 16:04, BIG D said:

3rd on Christmas Day. 1 point in front of Fulham, 2 ahead of Brentford. Just check the gap between us and Luton!

So who is to blame? It cant be the ‘wrong’uns’ because they’ve hardly featured since that day.

52075555-6E7B-4B36-81D1-88EF94433EFD.thumb.jpeg.720468a741f6ebd064eaa2defe5d7289.jpeg

A reasonable judgement would be the position we are in since Monk took over whilst factoring no preseason, none of his own coaches etc. 

Mid table and bang average is where we are. 

And this “wrong uns” arent to blame. 

You perhaps need to think about that. 

If players with ability like Westwood, Hutchinson and FF have rarely featured because of disciplinary/injury reasons then the Club has lost the services of 2-3 senior talented pro’s. 

Taking out 3 players like that WOULD affect any clubs performance. 

4 hours ago, Owls Loyal said:

Brilliant post by Dutch McLovin imo:

Still the only argument i have seen for keeping Monk is "we cant keep sacking managers" which is a correct statement but it also means we have to appoint a decent one.

Monk is not decent his record is below average, and the alarming decline has shown that he is not the man. We need rid now. If we lose tonight he HAS to go before the weekend.

• Haha 1

Yes, tonight is critical for Monk, in my view.

Another defeat and even those saying he is the man to rebuild the team may have second thoughts.

Tonight under Monk we could go bottom of the post Xmas Championship league table!

• Like 1