League Table Since Christmas

He must go and go tonight.

Let's get a top manager in. 

One who can inspire these mid table championship and "not good enough for league 2" players to glory!

I reckon we should get someone like Guardiola. 

He had a way of playing and gets the best out of his players. 

Our transfer budget and the opportunity to work with Pelupessy, Palmer and Dawson will be a real bait. That and the youngsters that our academy doesn't produce. 

Bring it on! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

4 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

One who can inspire these mid table championship and "not good enough for league 2" players to glory!

Our transfer budget and the opportunity to work with Pelupessy, Palmer and Dawson will be a real bait. That and the youngsters that our academy doesn't produce. 

Bring it on! 

Come on snooty. I get your sense of antipathy against rinse and repeat but while we didn't play badly today it is a struggle to put a robust justification to support Monk carrying on next year. I suppose it really depends on our budget.

If we could get Mick id be happy.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

34 minutes ago, Lord Snooty said:

Bring it on! 

Leeds did it when Monk departed.

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, alanharper said:

Was it a different coaching set-up before Christmas then? 

Are you suggesting our coaching setup is acceptable by professional standards? Is there a successful manager in the modern game who lacked coaching staff?

Edited by bobness

38 minutes ago, Spondon Owl said:

Come on snooty. I get your sense of antipathy against rinse and repeat but while we didn't play badly today it is a struggle to put a robust justification to support Monk carrying on next year. I suppose it really depends on our budget.

If we could get Mick id be happy.

I know Cork, I know. But it's every game.

We're a bang average champ side.

Bruce, who was about the best possible boss we could have had in place said it would take four windows,  and a complete overhaul behind the scenes. 

So he gets a room full of backroom staff, brings in some players almost straight away. And we still were bang average. 

So he reiterates ...its gonna take a massive overhaul,  him and his big backroom team were going to need time and patience.

He fcks off. Monk comes in on his todd. Finds the same issues as Bruce and his team did. He's had bobbins to spend , no pre - season.

We still need an overhaul. But it's all his fault. 

Well frankly I think we could have Klopp in charge. And it would still be a massive job. With a threadbare squad. No backroom buddies a slashed wage budget. 

And if his strikers misses a couple of sitters and his wing backs wrestle people to the floor in the box he'd be just as p*ssed off as Monk is.

But it would be different. Because people like Klopp. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 2

It’s hard to argue a case for any manager to bounce back from a set of results like that. The timing, arguably being in the middle of a relegation fight, means it won’t happen now. But you’ve gotta think at the end of the season something’s got to give.

But with a quick turnaround into the new season, no doubt DC will bottle it

• Like 2

1 minute ago, kendoddsdadsdogsdead said:

Genuine question ladies & gents, for those amognst you wanting Monk gone.

Who the hell do you replace him with ?

Leeds probably thought the same before bielsa.

Fwiw I don't blame 100% monk. Not backing him to bring in his own backroom team and players in January was ridiculous.

In all seriousness, what well qualified manager wants the job when we don't even know what division we'll be in? 

In all seriousness, how is DC expected to budget the manager's salary when we don't know even know what division we'll be in?

Monk's contract is almost up, which means the club won't need to buy him out when he leaves. If we dodge a points deduction we should be safe this season. So how does it make business sense to replace him now? 

• Like 2

Just now, bobness said:

In all seriousness, what well qualified manager wants the job when we don't even know what division we'll be in? 

In all seriousness, how is DC expected to budget the manager's salary when we don't know even know what division we'll be in?

Monk's contract is almost up, which means the club won't need to buy him out when he leaves. If we dodge a points deduction we should be safe this season. So how does it make business sense to replace him now? 

Isn't his contract a yearly rolling one? So he always has 12 months remaining, at least thats how I think they work at other clubs. Agree with your point though, wait till things are decided.

15 minutes ago, modboy said:

Leeds probably thought the same before bielsa.

Fwiw I don't blame 100% monk. Not backing him to bring in his own backroom team and players in January was ridiculous.

I wouldn’t blame Monk 10% and probably not 1% for the travesty of a football club that SWFC has become over the last five years but a blind man on a charging horse can see that he is no more the solution than he his the problem.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, BFR said:

Isn't his contract a yearly rolling one? So he always has 12 months remaining, at least thats how I think they work at other clubs. Agree with your point though, wait till things are decided.

A rolling employment contract is one that is in effect until either party chooses to terminate it. Most employment contracts work this way. The "12 months" element means that it comes with a guaranteed 12 months.

This means that after 12 months Monk is still employed by the club, but the contract can be terminated at any time. So he'll still need to be sacked, but the club won't owe him compensation.

Edited by bobness
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, BIG D said:

3rd on Christmas Day. 1 point in front of Fulham, 2 ahead of Brentford. Just check the gap between us and Luton!

So who is to blame? It cant be the ‘wrong’uns’ because they’ve hardly featured since that day.

52075555-6E7B-4B36-81D1-88EF94433EFD.thumb.jpeg.720468a741f6ebd064eaa2defe5d7289.jpeg

Ooo, not bottom...

52 minutes ago, modboy said:

Now is the time to clear the decks. 

More or less safe without a deduction.

More confidence than me