League Table Since Christmas

3rd on Christmas Day. 1 point in front of Fulham, 2 ahead of Brentford. Just check the gap between us and Luton!

So who is to blame? It cant be the ‘wrong’uns’ because they’ve hardly featured since that day.

52075555-6E7B-4B36-81D1-88EF94433EFD.thumb.jpeg.720468a741f6ebd064eaa2defe5d7289.jpeg

Edited by BIG D
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, BIG D said:

I think I’m right in saying (points deductions aside) unless Barnsley and Boro win their next 4 games we will be safe with a win against Colin on the last day.

The hearing needs sorting ASAP. I think we will be ok and it will be vital to keeping championship status. From there, where do we go in terms of management and re-building? Anyone’s guess.

8 minutes ago, pussface said:

Lock down prolonged Monk’s employment. How anyone can justify extending his stay is madness at this point.

We need a back to basics no nonsense manager used to low budgets and finding rough diamonds. Big Mick for me.

Your definitely spot on either the first point. I haven’t been an advocate for Monk leaving as I still don’t think necessarily this mess is all his. Results are terrible and he’s not someone with a track record of longevity.

However if we are to lose points this week, a Mick McCarthy style appointment is an excellent shout, might be just what we need to ensure we beat the drop.

• Like 2

Monk is not the man but it is the case we did not take the chances,"too nice a team" the only aggression shown from Wickham (not ours)  and Borner.

The fat Luongo going through the motions particular when he should have been first to the ball in their area but pulled out, I had my suspicions he was like Reach pulling  out of 60-40 in your favour.  Murphy might not be a world beater and should have done better but certainty a creator for us.

Unfortunately how ever you look short term Palmer (should have given the third away) Luongo Reach and Lees are going to offer limited effort (might do something for 5 mins in some games) but will ultimately cost us. "

I knew from the start of the season that Harris who was getting rave reviews and Luongo the great hope were much hyped alongside Bannan who gets man of the match but no other team wants.

My hopes are that an idiot manager is fooled into taking taking Bannan Reach and the hapless  Tom Lees and we can give Palmer and Luongo away and start again under a half decent manager Karl Robinson anyone?, angered us but always plays attractive football. 

3 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

This table is unacceptable, and the buck stops with Monk. 

No one can defend Monk faced with these stats. 

Utterly shambolic. 

What about the stat of Monk having no coaches besides Bullen? Is Bullen even a proven coach?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, owlsfan_72 said:

Monk has to go. 

But, if thick Mick and tank top Robinson are the best alternatives then we might as well give up. 

McCarthy has an excellent record in the Championship.

The chances are that he wouldn’t touch us with a bargepole right now.

But I’d be delighted if he were to appoint big Mick.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bobness said:

What about the stat of Monk having no coaches besides Bullen? Is Bullen even a proven coach?

Not sure, possibly not „proven“  but his points per game ratio firmly suggests that he is at least a better manager than Monk. 

• Haha 2