Are we a dirty team?

Wickham can certainly intimidate a defender and Loungo isn't afraid of committing a foul or two to break-up play. Nuhiu can obviously be a handful too, but overall we just seem to give too many silly fouls away, either in dangerous areas, or when we're breaking forward... Very frustrating.

We give away too many silly fouls and then the referee decides we are a clogging team and gives the opposition everything.

We need some physically strong players who can stand up for themselves but we also need some who are streetwise.

I am already dreading the game with the cheating, dirty , con merchants on Wednesday.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mogbad said:

We're not dirty in the slightest but give away far too many stupid free kicks to the point that I have to question the intelligence of our squad.

Spot on...The number of times we give free kicks away near the box when the oppo player is going nowhere is ridiculous

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

20 fouls in that match against us

Give over!

If I was in the Swansea medical team i'd get their folding knees checked.

And the referee just carried on like he wasn't even paying attention, just reading through the rule book on how to referee a match.

Despite that we were still crap.

Championship football is getting worse.

We’re a naive team that’s for sure. We lean, push, fall into opposition players that tumble. In recent weeks seen Lee, Hunt, Bannan and Reach give away silliest or free kicks / penalties. You’d think they’d learn but they been doing it all season. 

2 hours ago, S72 Owl said:

We hardly ever moan at the referee when he gives the opposition a soft free kick. So guess what happens, the ref carries on giving them soft free kicks 

this is a good point

if you watch the game again (some people hate themselves that much to do it, weird, I know) then keep an eye on that chump Ayew for the 1st 20 mins or so. he is chirping at the ref and lino's non stop, to the point where I couldnt believe the ref didnt stop the game and have a word with him

look at the great man yoo team of the 90s and 00's, and the great chelsea tream on the late 00's. they are in the face of the ref ALL the time. I'm thinking Keane, Rooney, Vidic, Rio, Terry, Lampard.

its part of the game management, and we need to wise up.

we are literally one of the nicest teams I can ever think off, it must be so lovely to play against us.

• Like 1

Was saying earlier we aren't cynical enough and get suckered into giving soft fouls away. Their player gets the ball we go near them and they hit the deck ref gives a foul. Their first goal was a case in point. We let opposition players bully us but don't fall so we don't get the foul it's been happening for years. Agree about the ref. Surprised he didn't book Nuihu for time-wasting when he came on he was looking for any excuse. One of the fouls he gave against him from a corner the Swansea player had his shirt halfway up to his back yet they get the foul.

• Thanks 1