Are we a dirty team?

20 fouls in that match against us

Give over!

If I was in the Swansea medical team i'd get their folding knees checked.

And the referee just carried on like he wasn't even paying attention, just reading through the rule book on how to referee a match.

Despite that we were still crap.

Championship football is getting worse.

Edited by HIGHERSTATE
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

It’s weird.

I wouldn’t mind us being dirty if we were actually dirty but we really aren’t dirty.

We don’t half play into the hands of shitrefs though and their tickbox quotas.

Either kickthefuck out of the opposition or don’t!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, sonofbert2 said:

It’s weird.

I wouldn’t mind us being dirty if we were actually dirty but we really aren’t dirty.

We don’t half play into the hands of shitrefs though and their tickbox quotas.

Either kickthefuck out of the opposition or don’t!

I agree. As a Yorkshireman, I demand we get our money’s worth for the investment.

• Haha 2

It was like he was a basic AI android refereeing a bunch of robots.

No thought that these cynical twohats could be trying to con him and fall all over on purpose.

The acting by these players is in another place now.  Like actually playing football comes second.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

It was like he was a basic AI android refereeing a bunch of robots.

No thought that these cynical twohats could be trying to con him and fall all over on purpose.

The acting by these players is in another place now.  Like actually playing football comes second.

I totally agree but it sums us up and makes lives so much easier for refs and the opposition.

We’re even crap at being shithouses.  We niggle and whine rather than getting properly stuck in and getting in the ref’s face.

The amount of daft freekicks we give away in dangerous positions is frightening.

When we get them we totally waste them.

Reyt annoying and poor game management.

We need a leader, have done for God knows how long, someone who is in the ref’s ear, moaning yet smiling from the first minute.

• Thanks 1

Whoscored says it looks like it:

https://www.whoscored.com/Regions/252/Tournaments/7/Seasons/7840/Stages/17629/TeamStatistics/England-Championship-2019-2020

We give away way more fouls per game than everyone else - 15.4 per game. The other teams in the division range from 13.6 to 10.7. That's a Liverpoolesque dominance of the fouls table. Plus, we get fouled less often than everyone except Birmingham (refs don't like them either - they're second for fouls conceded). For red cards, we're joint top with Derby and Wigan, with 5, but we're only 9th for yellow cards, where Charlton are the runaway leaders despite being one of only two teams (with Luton) with no red cards and only being 9th in the fouls table (conclusion: when Charlton foul, they do it properly). Regarding penalties, we've done quite well earning them - 6 puts us joint 5th in the table (and we've scored them all too), although this is only just over half the 11 earned by Preston. But we've done even better conceding them: with 13, we're joint 4th. Oddly, two of the three teams above us - Derby (who lead with a ridiculous 19) and Preston - have also been awarded more penalties than us.

Edited by Sova
  • Like 2

We’re not dirty as a side, but overall we just can’t tackle properly (a few exceptions), so give away really naive fouls. 

Sceptical of Hutchinsons interview, but one thing he said was right which was that we need more players of a tough get stuck in mindset/streetwise at that level. 

2 minutes ago, mogbad said:

We're not dirty in the slightest but give away far too many stupid free kicks to the point that I have to question the intelligence of our squad.

Or so half asleep at critical moments that any attempt at recovery leads to foul and/or penalty.