Life time of grief

Guest Timothy Fields

Guest mrbluesky
56 minutes ago, parajack said:

'Nod arf'........Been a Wednesday fan my entire life,and ALWAYS will be regardless....grew up,and lived at Hillsborough,nearly always within sight of the floodlights,and Sat home games were always typified by the Wednesday 'ROAR' either of joy,OR disappointment...I had hoped(like many) that under the Chansiri regime,that we  had turned a corner,and could hopefully look forward to the 'Premiership return' ticket(remember that?) we were sold when we first were  relegated? and happy days,and long hot Premiership summers..watching top class football again at Hillsborough..Then I WOKE UP...!!..Matchday prices have driven away all,but the most devoted fans(and many others who simply are not in a position to attend every Match)...and i have watched Player after Player come,and go,departing with(allegedly) many Millions of pounds in wages,which some argue,they wernt good value..(How many like this have there been over the decades at Wednesday?) I consider myself lucky at least to have seen Wednesday under Jack Charlton,Howard Wilkinson,Big Ron Atkinson, & Trevor Francis, & the likes of Waddle,Hirst,Carbone,Di Canio,Warhurst(remember the stir he caused with his goals?!!) Sadly those times now just seem SOOOO  many Years ago..I am and will always be...WAWAW...

And breathe

1 hour ago, TodwickOwl said:

I’m 31 and I can’t believe I’ve got to put up with this sh*t till the day I die....

I feel for you mate I'm 67, supporting Wednesday & the lockdown hasn't been kind.

image.png.eb6bb82bf5a86dfb60bab67743778c22.png

Guest Timothy Fields
7 minutes ago, mogbad said:

I feel for you mate I'm 67, supporting Wednesday & the lockdown hasn't been kind.

image.png.eb6bb82bf5a86dfb60bab67743778c22.png

You need a bit of ELECTRICITY, catweazle

Feels very deflating being a Wednesday fan these days, basically waiting for bad results on and off the pitch.  I love the club and want us to be successful but 20 years, it’s becoming a struggle. Especially as my partner hates football so to justify watching us play is difficult. just wish we’d get a glimmer of success soon 

• Like 1

Guest Timothy Fields
24 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Feels very deflating being a Wednesday fan these days, basically waiting for bad results on and off the pitch.  I love the club and want us to be successful but 20 years, it’s becoming a struggle. Especially as my partner hates football so to justify watching us play is difficult. just wish we’d get a glimmer of success soon 

It will happen, you will see......but When? 

2 hours ago, devonshire owl said:

It's getting harder now to motivate myself,when we win everything's brilliant,when we lose my life is so depressing,that's not only from football.but we still carry on the dream of one day we will be good.uto.

Chin up mate

Ive always been an Owl and proud to ware the shirt wherever I go,its that unique name,Wednesday and the clubs history,like all but the elite,we have or downs and they do drag on a bit at times,but we make the most of our ups,its a rollercoaster ride,you plunge into the depths,but eventually rise like a fiery pheonix with a huge knob,and you lord it for the brief time it lasts,the pride is in those that suffer with you,we never need the samaritans,we have each other to yell and scream at,and share the good times with.

But no matter how low we go,we go with pride and distinction because WAWAW

Guest Timothy Fields
2 hours ago, ash60s said:

67 here feeling really low. Is it covid? No! It's our club that we have loved all our lives.

torture at times.............

on for the early 60s & early 90s again. PLEASE

2nd in 60/61, and those exciting Ron Atkinson days, Howard Wilkinson before that, not been too good since 93 cup finals, but we love em bless

Guest Timothy Fields
On 06/07/2020 at 05:24, scilly owl said:

And when you tell people that you support Wednesday they say “Really, why on Earth  do you support them ?” as if you’ve told them that you enjoy self harming.... which isn’t that far off the mark I suppose.

Nowt wrong supporting Wednesday I say. 

On 05/07/2020 at 14:22, Timothy Fields said:

Being a Wednesday fan has been difficult at times, I'm 61 but I look 81, it's been good at times, but we've had a lot of disappointments along the way, but you know what? I love Wednesday to bits

I am 61 also and have "enjoyed" all the ups and downs along the way and will continue to do so.  After all we have seen cannot understand why some think things are so bad, been through a lot worse!

UTO and WAWAW and all that

"nobody told me there would be days like these!"

On 06/07/2020 at 01:55, ash60s said:

67 here feeling really low. Is it covid? No! It's our club that we have loved all our lives.

torture at times.............

on for the early 60s & early 90s again. PLEASE

Shut up you old codger...don't forget to  leave me that Williams and Watson lol

• Haha 1

I literally started following the owls properly the first season in division 1 after being relegated from the premiership. I’ve only ever seen us fail, apart from the odd league 1 promotion.

HOWEVER 

Come Saturday, I’m there, optimistic, just willing and hoping the tide turns and we come good! I really thought that first season under Carlos was it... BUT as Wednesday tend to do... they let me down 😂

Tell ya what, with all the probs we have, the occaisional joyous times, the crazy ticket prices. The standing on the no_roof kop with icy rain hitting you in the face, along with as many as 7000 others at times.

After all that, if I had my time again, like fooook would I be a Wednesdayite.

lol