• Luongo
    • Da Cruz
    • Wickham,
    • Reach
    • Hunt
    • Nuhiu
    • Harris
    • Rhodes

I made a point of watching Lee today.  I have to say if Pelupessy had played like that he would have had everyone moaning about the lack of tackles, running about like a headless chicken and passing backwards.

Having looked at the comments of many it seems that opinions are already formed.

Bannan sees much of the ball but his dead all deliveries are poor and yet he is chosen as MOM by some. 
Stand out players today were Iorfa and Börner 

Edited by Tommycraign10others
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Tommycraign10others said:

I made a point of watching Lee today.  I have to say if Pelupessy had played like that he would have had everyone moaning about the lack of tackles, running about like a headless chicken and passing backwards.

Having looked at the comments of many it seems that opinions are already formed.

Bannan sees much of the ball but his dead all deliveries are poor and yet he is chosen as MOM by some. 

Kudos to you for publicly admitting that your eyes are painted on

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Tommycraign10others said:

34 minutes ago, McRightSide said:

Kudos to you for publicly admitting that your eyes are painted on

I’m with Tommy on this one, surprised once again at how many people score Lee so highly.  I know he’s been a very good player for us but I think some people are voting on sentiment and what they want to see, rather than what’s actually happening on the pitch.

Iorfa MOM for me, thought Borner did OK but think he does better in back 4.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

I’m with Tommy on this one, surprised once again at how many people score Lee so highly.  I know he’s been a very good player for us but I think some people are voting on sentiment and what they want to see, rather than what’s actually happening on the pitch.

Iorfa MOM for me, thought Borner did OK but think he does better in back 4.

Even Monk said he was ‘fantastic’

I’ve given it to Iorfa, very dominant at the back, closely followed by Borner. Didn’t realise Reach was playing TBH.

We had the opportunities in the first half, mainly through Murphy’s pace, to get well in front, but, typical Wednesday, it’s a case of deja vu all over again - don’t take chances when we’re dominant , and, predictably, eventually end up paying the price.

Voted for Iorfa. Everybody was poor in the second half. Reach's work to get that cross in the first half was excellent, the way he conceded the penalty demonstrates that he shouldn't be defending crosses in to our box.

Not going to dwell on 2020 so far. Let's see how any points deduction leaves us - I would have thought we'll have enough to stay up unless it's really swingeing. Big reset coming in the short off-season, whatever happens.

Keiran Lee,we missed him 2nd half.

Murphy gave it a real go,but delivery was lacking 1st half,as was some of our longer passes.

Borner,crickey what can you say..... the amount of times this guy has been caught ball watching instead of dealing with the situation this season is criminal and its cost us a heck of a lot of points

Lee was outstanding in the first half - big miss in the second.

Iorfa MOM for me - he was excellent throughout. 
I know some don’t have praise for Harris, but I thought we really missed  his threat on the left today. I know his end product isn’t always that great, but he makes so many incisive runs that pressure the opposition and also take pressure of at the back 

Forgot to say earlier, Swansea's 3 young PL loanees were a cut above anything we have. Very impressed with Guehi, who basically had Wickham in his pocket throughout.

Edited by WC1Owl
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Steve Down South said:

I thought you didn’t rate Monk - can’t have it all ways.  Why would you suddenly choose to agree with him on this point?

Hence the ‘even’

As in it was so blindingly obvious he was fantastic that even monk saw it.

Just now, McRightSide said:

Hence the ‘even’

As in it was so blindingly obvious he was fantastic that even monk saw it.

So let’s just rewind - you regard Lee’s performance today as fantastic?  Oh my, how our standards have fallen after watching 3 seasons of rubbish!

• Like 1

a throw up between all 3 of our defenders for me today. all were solid enough, even Palmer, who even got forward a few times.

it would easily have been Murphy had he notched a goal or just an assist. his all round play was good but he wasted so much.

i'll vote Borner

24 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

So let’s just rewind - you regard Lee’s performance today as fantastic?  Oh my, how our standards have fallen after watching 3 seasons of rubbish!

Thought he was comfortably our standout player in the first half. 

Very obvious to see

Just now, shandypants said:

Iorfa. Can’t see us hanging onto him in the long term if he plays like that regularly. 

i think he's the one player we can cash in on .....thought he was head and shoulders our best player . 

• Like 1