Balance/perspective

One perspective also is that our squad is getting thin, but I feel that our coaching staff is even thinner and has been like that ever since Bruce took his court elsewhere. How can you give that personal coaching many players would benefit from if you have a skeleton team trying to work with the players, preparing for the next match or revisiting the last match to point out the problem areas. I dare say those things show in the lack of quality finishing and throughout the team, composure seems to go missing too often.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Lionel Fessi said:

The issue is, 3 wins from 18 and we are still making the same mistakes as we did in January.

The only way we go down is if we get a big point deduction from the EFL which seems unlikely at this stage in the season, a small hit would still be tight but we have enough in the squad to stay up...Ridiculous i'm even typing that when on Boxing Day we were 2nd. 

Everything depends on what funds Monk has access to in the summer, I doubt we'll have any money to make a promotion push, but if we can shift any remaining higher earners (Westwood & Rhodes) maybe we could claw together enough to bring in some new additions instead of depending on the loan market. I'm still not convinced Monk is the man to take us forward, without Fletcher and long direct balls from the back i don't understand how he is trying to set the team up to play, but we'll see what happens over summer.

it's hard to not blame certain players at times, but i don't think Reach, Harris, Murphy or Fessi want to be playing wing back...it's also pretty hilarious that just as we release the only ball playing centre back we have, Monk sticks to a 5 at the back formation. 

How depressing, a few long boring years ahead indeed!

Everything depends on who is in charge of spending mate.......I would trust Monk before i trusted the idiots who decided on Urby and Abdi and the 10 million for Rhodes....

We need someone who KNOWS football and KNOWS players.....If we had spaffed 10 mill on someone like that , we would now be in a far better place

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, mkowl said:

I am judging Monk not simply on results but his decision making.

There was no need to change the team at HT. It was 0-0, we were playing ok and no reason for us to take a risk.

Can you say we have ever seen a tactical switch during a game or a sub made that as fundamentally changed the game. I don't call throwing on every striker as tactical genius

Football is played between the ears as much as with your feet. This squad and the manager is short on the former.

Apart from kieran Lee only having one leg ,absolutely no need to change it! Monkmanface

I think given the season we have to be satisfied....just. I think we can’t expect to be Man City all of a sudden but we have stabilised and improved. The players are decent and Monk is probably the best manager we can attract at the moment but his in game management is questionable for me. We are a mid table team for now.....I just hope we don’t end up in the relegation zone.

4 hours ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Am I the only one who sees positives?

We've looked a better team since the season restarted. Should have beaten Forest. Did beat Bristol City. Dominated WBA and Swansea for long spells. A lack of clinical finishing and quality in depth has let us down.

It's going to be some while before we're truly competitive again, but I see a system, a positivity and a philosophy that we can build on. But it's going to need patience.

1 win in 4 since the restart. We have continued where we left off in March. Yes, performances may have been slightly better, but the results remain the same. Good performances don't matter when you only take 13 pts a possible 54. It's results that matter, and they arnt happening.