Balance/perspective

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, mancowl08 said:

Not just the penalty.....what on Earth did Reach offer us going forward? Zilch! I’m fast losing patience with him. He should have been busting a gut to give a good account. Awful game. He was a passenger. 

I think being hooked 10 seconds after he gave the penalty away was pretty clear what Monk thought

1 minute ago, mancowl08 said:

Not just the penalty.....what on Earth did Reach offer us going forward? Zilch! I’m fast losing patience with him. He should have been busting a gut to give a good account. Awful game. He was a passenger. 

Apart from the fact that he would've had an assist if Murphy was able to hit an open goal.

We are mid table with a mid table squad but we have unrealistic expectations. We Expect playoffs with an aging team and only 3-4 players at the start of the season who would get into any other top 6 championship teams. 

As for Monk, yes he can’t make them take their chances but Moses at CB, freezing Hutch out for whatever the reason and just be the most uninspiring man at half time as we always come out worse in the second half, failing to take Bannan off corners etc are all glaring errors that a good manager wouldn’t make.

First time I’ve worried we could go down. I just don’t see any fight in this team. I don’t think everything is Monk’s fault and I do feel he’s been dealt a bad hand, but we could soon be at a point where results are imperative. 

Just now, OriginalAlien said:

Apart from the fact that he would've had an assist if Murphy was able to hit an open goal.

Would have, could have, should have.......he put one good cross in the whole game. Whoopy doo 

17 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

We need to ride the season out. Relegation would be disastrous, yet we don’t look like going in any direction. Even a couple of decent signings wouldn’t see us competing I don’t think 

Get ready for some very boring years ahead 

My Dad uttered the very same words to me in 1974 before we signed Eric McMordie on loan....

It isn't Monks fault Fessi and Fletcher have come to the end of their contracts. 

We made more chances than Swansea, with Fletcher on the field we would have won. 

It is vital we get a couple of goalscorers in the summer but with us needing frees and loans it's hard to see where they will come from. 

Rhian Brewster anyone? 

4 minutes ago, mkowl said:

I think being hooked 10 seconds after he gave the penalty away was pretty clear what Monk thought

He should have off the moment Routledge was subbed.

Just now, WAWAWUTO17 said:

the difference in our performances since the return has been good.

Yes we've lost today but you've got to take the positives somewhere.

We could have and should have been 3 or 4 up in the first half.

I think we’ve been like that for most of the season though? 

Play some pretty decent stuff but lack a clinical finish and poor decisions in the final third. And we always look soft at the back and I back us to concede every time we play.

Its been a similar theme under Monk.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Despite our lack of quality up front being a major concern, we are unable to keep clean sheets too.

We are on a hiding to nothing if we know we are going to concede at least one goal every game.

Not rugby tackling forwards in the penalty area would be a start. We struggle for goals as it is without handing the opponents another to come back from.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Jim said:

An average manager surely would’ve picked up more than 13 points from a possible 54. Even Lukuhay did this, did he not and until this manager arrived I would said he's the worst manager I’ve seen at S6?

We are bang average under Monk so far - in mid table for period he’s been here. 

Or are we being selective ? 

27 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Despite our lack of quality up front being a major concern, we are unable to keep clean sheets too.

We are on a hiding to nothing if we know we are going to concede at least one goal every game.

I don't think the 3-5-2 is working.  

It works when you take your chances and not having to risk throwing players up top leaving gaps and getting caught.

19 minutes ago, Tommy Crawshaw said:

Who are these players with bad attitudes?

Dont say Westwood and Hutchinson, they haven't been anywhere near the squad since 2019.

There has been disharmony for 2-3 years. 

It’s clear there is a lack of togetherness with senior pro’s not liking a manager who wants to stamp his authority. 

Then you have the Club captain calling out our star talent for bad attitude/not training properly. 

It’s not rocket science ffs. 

Does anyone really believe that Monk is the man to orchestrate the biggest rebuilding job we've had for many years?

If bringing in bit players like Da Cruz who has no influence on the game, and resigning Pelupessy are anything to go by, then prepare for the worst. Yes, finances are going to be tight, but surely we can find players who offer more than these for similar wages.

I don't think he has a clue, yet we are handing him our future in his hands when he has zero track record in rebuilding, and what he has delivered us so far is lacklustre and tedious at best.

• Like 5

We are where we are in terms of the squad. Limited options numbers wise and a lack of quality. Plus a major lack of strength both mentally and physically. 

So however you look at it, Monk has an incredibly tough job on his hands. 

All he can do is take the positives from these games (and there are some), and apply them as much as possible in the hope that we pick up enough points to keep us in the division 

Huge rebuilding job this summer

• Like 2