Balance/perspective

3 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I am as frustrated as anyone at that second half, but in reality is anyone particularly surprised? 

We’ve recently lost Fletcher, and to a lesser extent FF, who were both probably our main guys with regards to finishing 

So up front we’ve now got a decent player but a crock in Wickham, and a young lad whose played a handful of games in the Italian lower leagues 

They haven’t even got 50 career league goals between them 

I’ll stick up for Monk only in the sense of that I can see he’s trying to make us more of a rounded unit. He’s sticking with a formation and there seems to be a plan on set pieces etc when there wasn’t before 

But goofball players will always end up letting you down.

Can you seriously suggest 3 wins out of 18 is purely down to Monks tactics? It’s codswallop, and I’m not even a monk fan. A game of football is a game of football, a simple sport to understand 

We need to ride the season out. Relegation would be disastrous, yet we don’t look like going in any direction. Even a couple of decent signings wouldn’t see us competing I don’t think 

Get ready for some very boring years ahead 

Get ready for some boring years ... I’ve been watching Wednesday regularly since the mid 90s and bar the league one promotion season , they have always been boring 

• Like 3

Fine margins. 

If we take chances it would have been different outcome. 

Monk has got significant reasons why it’s impossible to judge him

Comes in when Bruce f’ed off with no preseason.

Squad in need of major overhaul. 

FFP has issues means spending will be lower.

None of his backroom staff. 

Significant behind the scenes issues with attitude of playing staff. 

Apart from all that, it’s all Monks fault !!!!!!

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Despite our lack of quality up front being a major concern, we are unable to keep clean sheets too.

We are on a hiding to nothing if we know we are going to concede at least one goal every game.

I don't think the 3-5-2 is working.  

1 minute ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Fine margins. 

An average manager surely would’ve picked up more than 13 points from a possible 54. Even Lukuhay did this, did he not and until this manager arrived I would said he's the worst manager I’ve seen at S6?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, FreshOwl said:

I am as frustrated as anyone at that second half, but in reality is anyone particularly surprised? 

We’ve recently lost Fletcher, and to a lesser extent FF, who were both probably our main guys with regards to finishing 

So up front we’ve now got a decent player but a crock in Wickham, and a young lad whose played a handful of games in the Italian lower leagues 

They haven’t even got 50 career league goals between them 

I’ll stick up for Monk only in the sense of that I can see he’s trying to make us more of a rounded unit. He’s sticking with a formation and there seems to be a plan on set pieces etc when there wasn’t before 

But goofball players will always end up letting you down.

Can you seriously suggest 3 wins out of 18 is purely down to Monks tactics? It’s codswallop, and I’m not even a monk fan. A game of football is a game of football, a simple sport to understand 

We need to ride the season out. Relegation would be disastrous, yet we don’t look like going in any direction. Even a couple of decent signings wouldn’t see us competing I don’t think 

Get ready for some very boring years ahead 

Cant blame Momk for players not taking chances.

Last two games we have been the better side in both halves , had plenty of chances to score the all important first goal. Score first in each game and I reckon we would have won both.

• Like 5

6 minutes ago, Manwë said:

Despite our lack of quality up front being a major concern, we are unable to keep clean sheets too.

We are on a hiding to nothing if we know we are going to concede at least one goal every game.

I don't think the 3-5-2 is working.  

We look a damn site better with 352 than we did with 442 or 4411

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, RichSheffWeds said:

Fine margins. 

Who are these players with bad attitudes?

Dont say Westwood and Hutchinson, they haven't been anywhere near the squad since 2019.

• Like 1

Guest mkowl

I am judging Monk not simply on results but his decision making.

There was no need to change the team at HT. It was 0-0, we were playing ok and no reason for us to take a risk.

Can you say we have ever seen a tactical switch during a game or a sub made that as fundamentally changed the game. I don't call throwing on every striker as tactical genius

Football is played between the ears as much as with your feet. This squad and the manager is short on the former.

1 minute ago, SwellOwl said:

Nuhiu played well when he came on. Harris over Reach any day now, that foul for the penalty was a disgrace!

Not just the penalty.....what on Earth did Reach offer us going forward? Zilch! I’m fast losing patience with him. He should have been busting a gut to give a good account. Awful game. He was a passenger. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, Roy Of The Roasters said:

Am I the only one who sees positives?

We've looked a better team since the season restarted. Should have beaten Forest. Did beat Bristol City. Dominated WBA and Swansea for long spells. A lack of clinical finishing and quality in depth has let us down.

It's going to be some while before we're truly competitive again, but I see a system, a positivity and a philosophy that we can build on. But it's going to need patience.

i see positives as well, at the end of the day our squad is limited and our forwards are poor. Dont care who the manager is they would struggle

• Like 1