Lee johnson

Always has outstanding runs followed by horrendous runs but by and large has taken Bristol City forward during his time there.

We’ll be back under foreign management next season. DC’s experiment with English managers hasn’t worked and I’m expecting our next manager to be Portuguese.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thought he did ok there, surprised they sacked him now rather at the end of the month given the amount of time he’s had there and the relationship with the club. He might be another manager who flatters to decieve a little, in terms of playing some good football and bringing players through but never making the top six. I guess selling so many players doesn’t help. Reminds me of Laws in some ways.

I saw a documentary of one of their summer training sessions and I thought he came across well with his players  but in his interview after our game last week he was all “kind of” and “sort of” in his explanations and it seemed odd. Like a bit  too comfortable. Maybe that was a factor.

Could see him doing a respectable job elsewhere 

• Like 1

I don't believe in Monk but there is no point in sacking him if we cant get someone better.  Just seen Lee Johnson has been sacked by Bristol City after 4 defeats, Compared the run of defeats Monk had he really should not be in a job.

Anyway I think Lee Johnson has done alright at City, given the small budget he has had to contend with, for a long time City have been a top league one team occasionally bouncing into the championship but I think Lee Johnson has helped make them a main stay of the Championship.

At 39 he is a young manager that I think will have no problems getting another Job.  Ok he may not be anyones ideal manager but more importantly none of those ideal managers want to come to us but I think he would be an improvement on Monk.  What do you guys think?

Edited by catdog1121

1 hour ago, pazowl55 said:

Do you think that Johnson sold them players and made a profit for the club. Because I dont. There chairman is a bit like Milan was but without the 350k bit. He would have dictated who went and at what price as it's how there model is run.

Done a respectable job to adapt having had many players sold from under him then.

Snidey looking sod.

Always avoids eye contact with camera (therefore with supporters /viewers)

Always insists that his team deserved at least a point, even when they were dire.

Face like a slapped arse,

So.....err....No thanks.

Guest Therealrealist
19 minutes ago, catdog1121 said:

I don't believe in Monk but there is no point in sacking him if we cant get someone better.  Just seen Lee Johnson has been sacked by Bristol City after 4 defeats, Compared the run of defeats Monk had he really should not be in a job.

Anyway I think Lee Johnson has done alright at City, given the small budget he has had to contend with, for a long time City have been a top league one team occasionally bouncing into the championship but I think Lee Johnson has helped make them a main stay of the Championship.

At 39 he is a young manager that I think will have no problems getting another Job.  Ok he may not be anyones ideal manager but more importantly none of those ideal managers want to come to us but I think he would be an improvement on Monk.  What do you guys think?

There’s a 5 page lee Johnson thread allready

14 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Done a respectable job to adapt having had many players sold from under him then.

But it's not like they haven't spent money they spent about 25m on players this season. Only difference between them and us is we should have sold ours and not let them rot. 

Reality is no play off place from being in and out of the top 6 for three seasons is just not good enough. 

Imagine if we sold Bannan, Reach and Iorfa for 40 million. (pretend we did 🤣)   Then give Monk near on 30 million to shape the team this summer. Wouldnt you be expecting a top 6 finish.

Yeah he has done ok for them. But as the sack proves it's not been good enough.

Edited by pazowl55

43 minutes ago, Devonstrix said:

Ryan Lowe is now evens favourite for the job. Can’t see it myself. He wants Gary Monk's job!!

I’d like Lowe here TBH but now Bruno Lage’s available, I can see us moving for him very soon.

Guest Therealrealist
10 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Monk's after an assistant isnt he.

lol

No..monk has to have ‘good owd bully’ as his assistant..wether he likes it or not..wot a bizarre cub we are

3 hours ago, Westfield Owl said:

That’s interesting reading.  No sarcasm - good research.

Here’s another way of looking at it:

Lee Johnson - 6 league wins from the last 17 fixtures - sacked.

Garry Monk - 3 league wins from the last 17 fixtures - still in work.

So really neither of them are much cop. 
Unless you want to chuck in Monk’s record pre Christmas. 
And Eddie Howe’s record this season.
Stats and facts can be manipulated by any author.

And Ron Atkinson took us down with a great squad. Fact.