Lee johnson

14 minutes ago, poite said:

It's a yes from me. 

He was the manager I wanted here when Bruce left. 

Although I'll for some reason never forget that bizzare comment he made on the BBC radio Sheffield pre-season managers session where he said "sometimes you have to cheat to win"

15 minutes ago, Ferkorf said:

I'd take Johnson but we should have got Rowett

Are you wanting Johnson because its better than having Monk or because you actually want to have Johnson.

Just now, Castleford Owl said:

Spent money and failed.

No.

as he failed ?....according to the brizzie fan down the post he's improved them each season he been there …i don't know what his total spend is but if you improve year on year then you arnt doing a lot wrong . 

44 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

That’s interesting reading.  No sarcasm - good research.

Here’s another way of looking at it:

Lee Johnson - 6 league wins from the last 17 fixtures - sacked.

Garry Monk - 3 league wins from the last 17 fixtures - still in work.

Which is why you should never judge a manager on his last 17 games alone.

33 minutes ago, torryowl said:

lee Johnson 3 years to turn things round  with money to spend 

gary monk ….9 months with feck all to spend …….

Feck all to spend but Monk brought in 3 players in the January transfer window including a Premier League striker?

You could also fail to mention that Johnson has had to sell his key players every year, whilst bringing in younger replacements and helping them to improve and become established Championship players.  Deserves credit that.

1 minute ago, Westfield Owl said:

Feck all to spend but Monk brought in 3 players in the January transfer window including a Premier League striker?

You could also fail to mention that Johnson has had to sell his key players every year, whilst bringing in younger replacements and helping them to improve and become established Championship players.  Deserves credit that.

That does deserve credit. Dont get me wrong he is an established manager in the championship, but the reason I dont want him here is because i have hopes to one day get out of it.

53 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

That’s interesting reading.  No sarcasm - good research.

Here’s another way of looking at it:

Lee Johnson - 6 league wins from the last 17 fixtures - sacked.

Garry Monk - 3 league wins from the last 17 fixtures - still in work.

But difference is how long Johnson been at city. I would be disappointed with the time and money he has had. Monk however has not had either.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

Which is why you should never judge a manager on his last 17 games alone.

But it’s fair game to judge a (then) rookie manager on spells he had in charge of a couple of struggling League One clubs?

17 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

That does deserve credit. Dont get me wrong he is an established manager in the championship, but the reason I dont want him here is because i have hopes to one day get out of it.

We could be out of the Championship soon enough if we get points deducted and our post-Xmas form continues much longer.

16 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

But difference is how long Johnson been at city. I would be disappointed with the time and money he has had. Monk however has not had either.

Johnson has had money because he’s sold players and made a profit for the club.

Monk just falls out with players and releases them for nothing.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, pazowl55 said:

Are you wanting Johnson because its better than having Monk or because you actually want to have Johnson.

Well as I said he was a manager that I would have liked when Bruce left and certainly would have been preferable to Monk. But at the end of the day it's was extremely unlikely we would be getting an in work manager so obvious why we went for someone like Monk. 

If Johnson wanted to come here and he were in a comfortable position to get him then yes if have him in place of monk. 

6 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

But it’s fair game to judge a (then) rookie manager on spells he had in charge of a couple of struggling League One clubs?

I don't know how else we can compare the two if we're not able to look at their respective records alongside each other?

They both started managing very young, so I don't see why we'd discount their rookie years, one in League One, the other in the Premier League.

Edited by areNOTwhatTHEYseem

Lee Johnson has been working in the kind of environment Monk can only dream of.

An experienced business man as owner who lives in the area and supporter of the club .

A CEO  and Head of Operations supporting the manager.

He has his own coaching staff.

Their local rivals are smaller and below them so no fan pressure from that angle.

He is not up to the strange job here.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, areNOTwhatTHEYseem said:

I don't know how else we can compare the two if we're not able to look at their respective record alongside each other?

They both started managing very young, so I don't see why we'd discount their rookie years, one in League One, the other in the Premier League.

Statistics are meaningless without context.

12 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

We could be out of the Championship soon enough if we get points deducted and our post-Xmas form continues much longer.

What players has Monk  exactly let go for nothing when their contracts expire and none of them we want either? They had zero value

Time for a rebuild whether he is the man to do that remains to be seen.

Edited by Big Jack

19 minutes ago, Big Jack said:

What players exactly let go for nothing when their contracts expire and none of them we want either. Time for a rebuild whether he is the man to do that remains to be seen.

I don’t understand if you’re asking me a question here or not.

Johnson has had 3 seasons building the team and whilst he has (had to) sell some players the majority of the squad are now his players. Monk is working with someone else’s players and whilst we brought in 3 players on loan in the January window we don’t know how much input Monk had into those. 

I don’t see any manager being given 3 seasons by our fans if the best we could hope for is a brief flirtation with the playoffs at the start of the season before falling away to mid table each time. 

So again how has he been successful? (Johnson not Monk by the way)

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Westfield Owl said:

Do you think that Johnson sold them players and made a profit for the club. Because I dont. There chairman is a bit like Milan was but without the 350k bit. He would have dictated who went and at what price as it's how there model is run.

9 minutes ago, kirksandallowl said:

Johnson has had 3 seasons building the team and whilst he has (had to) sell some players the majority of the squad are now his players. Monk is working with someone else’s players and whilst we brought in 3 players on loan in the January window we don’t know how much input Monk had into those. 

I don’t see any manager being given 3 seasons by our fans if the best we could hope for is a brief flirtation with the playoffs at the start of the season before falling away to mid table each time. 

So again how has he been successful? (Johnson not Monk by the way)

Exactly. If people dont think Monk can take us to the premier league then fair enough. But Lee Johnson certainly cant.