G Hirst On Loan

No one would be talking about this greedy tw@t if his surname wasn't hirst

The lad has less than 30 professional appearances at 21 years old 

Move on 

10 hours ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

I think that although there was some disharmony over the transfer to that Belgian team owned by Leicester, it could be a good time to get him back on a season long loan deal with option to purchase. He doesn't get much if any game time at Leicester. Now could be ideal opportunity for us to get him in the first team line up as number 9. It could be good for all parties! 

Anybody else have any thoughts on this? 

Burnt his bridges with our chairman. 
And I’ve not heard any reports that lead me to believe he’s worth the aggro.

28 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

If his name wasn't Hirst nobody would be interested in taking him back on loan next season. Forget him, move on.

If he didn't turn down contract here most people on here would thought he would be a good loan signing for next season, just like they think that James Garner would be. 

Hirst plays at higher level than Garner and is doing better. 

49 minutes ago, malek said:

If he didn't turn down contract here most people on here would thought he would be a good loan signing for next season, just like they think that James Garner would be. 

Hirst plays at higher level than Garner and is doing better. 

Well people are speculating about Garner aren't they, I doubt most saying he'd be a good signing have ever seen him play.

Hirst's record at actual first team level is poor, he isn't what we need and represents an unsavoury chapter in the club's recent past, not all on the lad himself I accept.

Like I say, Sheffield Wednesday need to move on from George Hirst.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Well people are speculating about Garner aren't they, I doubt most saying he'd be a good signing have ever seen him play.

Hirst's record at actual first team level is poor, he isn't what we need and represents an unsavoury chapter in the club's recent past, not all on the lad himself I accept.

Like I say, Sheffield Wednesday need to move on from George Hirst.

Fair opinion. 

I can't see Wednesday wanting Hirst back on loan or him wanting to come back here. 

I've seen both players playing U-23 football. Hirst is probably best forward in PL 2 but I wouldn't want him back everything considered. Not because he is not good enough. 

1 minute ago, malek said:

Fair opinion. 

I can't see Wednesday wanting Hirst back on loan or him wanting to come back here. 

I've seen both players playing U-23 football. Hirst is probably best forward in PL 2 but I wouldn't want him back everything considered. Not because he is not good enough. 

Does he not need to be playing proper football though? It seems to me he's in a comfort zone since leaving Hillsborough. He wouldn't be the first to be very prolific at that level but do little at first team level.

I agree he wouldn't want to come back here and that Wednesday wouldn't want him.

3 minutes ago, TomtheOwl95 said:

Does he not need to be playing proper football though? It seems to me he's in a comfort zone since leaving Hillsborough. He wouldn't be the first to be very prolific at that level but do little at first team level.

I agree he wouldn't want to come back here and that Wednesday wouldn't want him.

He is at Premiership club where chances of first team football are hard to come by. It is just my opinion, but if they wanted they wouldn't have any problem to set him up with a lower league club to go out on loan at. 

13 hours ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Another George Hirst Megathread.

garymegson

I saw him play a preseason game for Wednesday at the Prozac in Chesterfield, before his Dad allegedlly knocked out one of Carlos's coaching staff...

Did we ever find out who King David chinned?

WTF:

7 hours ago, malek said:

He is at Premiership club where chances of first team football are hard to come by. It is just my opinion, but if they wanted they wouldn't have any problem to set him up with a lower league club to go out on loan at. 

Plus, if we need to recruit a group of 4 or 5 strikers, they won’t all ( hopefully ) be seasoned Championship starters At least one will be an untried youngster I would have thought, and if a club were looking to bring in a young striker from a Premier League club, surely Hirst would come under the  microscope? I’m not saying we should sign him, although I wouldn’t have a problem if we did, but we may well have to gamble on one or two inexperienced lads with potential

Edited by gurujuan

1 minute ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Why would you?  

Serious question is he still banging goals in left right and centre?   Lost touch with his progress on the pitch. 

Think he’s doing Ok with Leicester yes, if not exactly threatening to unseat Vardy

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Why would you?  

Serious question is he still banging goals in left right and centre?   Lost touch with his progress on the pitch. 

He’s banged them in for Leicester under 23s this year. 
If his name wasn’t Hirst we’d be excited at a signing like him on loan 

9 minutes ago, Dutch McLovin said:

He’s banged them in for Leicester under 23s this year. 
If his name wasn’t Hirst we’d be excited at a signing like him on loan 

Yes fair point. For example, if we signed Wickham, I’d be happy to have George back as an understudy