G Hirst On Loan

David Hirst was a magnificant player.

If he was bearing down on goal, there was no uncertainty the ball would end up in the back of the net (Hard to explain that certantity to an SWFC fan under 30 I guess?)

Its probably best for George that he makes his own name for himself away from Hillsborough. 

David Hirst was arguguabley better than Alan Shearer, until Steve Bould broke his ankle... (Cheers Steve you ####)

Edited by Ozymandias Owl
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

I think that although there was some disharmony over the transfer to that Belgian team owned by Leicester, it could be a good time to get him back on a season long loan deal with option to purchase. He doesn't get much if any game time at Leicester. Now could be ideal opportunity for us to get him in the first team line up as number 9. It could be good for all parties! 

Anybody else have any thoughts on this? 

WHAT?????????????????????????????/

40 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

I think that although there was some disharmony over the transfer to that Belgian team owned by Leicester, it could be a good time to get him back on a season long loan deal with option to purchase. He doesn't get much if any game time at Leicester. Now could be ideal opportunity for us to get him in the first team line up as number 9. It could be good for all parties! 

You've been in lockdown to long

12 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

David Hirst was a magnificant player.

If he was bearing down on goal, there was no uncertainty the ball would end up in the back of the net (Hard to explain that certantity to an SWFC fan under 30 I guess?)

Its probably best for George that he makes his own name for himself away from Hillsborough. 

David Hirst was arguguabley better than Alan Shearer, until Steve Bould broke his ankle... (Cheers Steve you ####)

Nor did you hear the boring line, he needs a supply.  If no one gave him the ball, he would go and get the ball in midfield then bang one in. 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SolihullOwl79 said:

I have a thought....... 

Ketamin is dangerous keep off!

14 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Nor did you hear the boring line, he needs a supply.  If no one gave him the ball, he would go and get the ball in midfield then bang one in. 

Better than Shearer though wasn't he? Difficult to find that kind of player under the EFL Lockdown...

Guest timrud

You have to give DC credit for how he stood up to the player power on this one - he was never worth what was being demanded.

And DC has only been proven correct since.

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias Owl said:

Better than Shearer though wasn't he? Difficult to find that kind of player under the EFL Lockdown...

Dunno if he was better, fate took them in different directions.  When he was good he was as good as one else.

He had it all good ball skills, could run with it, could belt it, could head it. Lacked for nothing.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1