Captain Next season

2 hours ago, bobness said:

We need a captain who can instill camaraderie, and to me, Borner seems to fit that leadership role best. He's got a calm head and a friendly demeanor. Not sure about language barrier though.

Think you’ll find most Germans speak better English than many English people

• Haha 3

I would probably go for Borner, but it’s very hard to speculate without knowing what goes on behind the scenes and understanding more about individual characters.  Having said that, don’t think Bannan is the right choice - need a captain who will occasionally give him a b*llocking and push him further up the pitch.

1 hour ago, Emilianenko said:

People suggesting Bannan really.

A captain does not berate his own players for a pass he misplaced.

Expecting / demanding better of players? 

We need a captain that spins positives from negatives, and not hurt teammates feelings 

post-445-0-01709500-1328982834_thumb.png 

6 hours ago, WAWAWUTO17 said:

Who would you have ? It looks investable that Lees is going to be the next out of the club. 

For me it has to be Bannan.

Love Bannan, but i wouldn't want to weigh him down with the responsibility, Borner or Iorfa or wait and see who comes in

We have one or two candidates currently but I prefer to believe our new captain and leader of men is going to join us in the summer along with half a dozen more players with that "winning/never say die" attitude. 

• Like 1

Bannan isn't a Captain.

The way he berates others, particularly younger players but doesn't have the balls to tackle more established ones is just one example of why.

Out of current then Borner or Iorfa

• Like 2

11 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Iorfa or Luongo of the current players. Failing that perhaps we will sign a new leader. Could do with a few more leaders in the squad. 

Luongo is a really good shout. 

Out of the current lot , luongo or borner . Both seem fairly calm , both experienced and both often look to be rallying the rest of the players . 

bannan is a mardy little baby who’s often wingeing at people . He’s been poor whenever he’s been captain before . 

iorfa is a bit wreck-less to be captain . I also think it would negatively affect his game .   

Edited by james o connor
  • Like 2

With the playing staff we currently have I’d say Borner. He was captain at his previous club. I wouldn’t pick Bannan as he’s always looking for someone to blame in bad situations which is not captain material. Also wouldn’t give it to Iorfa as I’d want him to just focus on his own game.

If we are looking to bring in a dominant CM or CB then there’s every chance they could end up being captain next season. I’d then be happy with Borner as vice captain.

Wouldn't want  Bannan as captain - spends too much time arguing with the ref over silly trivial matters and has a go at team mates, but in a negative critical manner.. We need someone who can encourage and motivate players and lead by example.

Plus of course if Bannan was captain, he'd want to take even more free kicks and corners than he already does !

!

• Like 1

As fans, we can see what is happening on the pitch but very few of us know what a player is like as a person.

I don't see a leader in the current set up.     I certainly don't think it's Bannan, he's too prone to giving out a bollocking when he should be encouraging others when they make a mistake.

Edited by HarryPlopper