Owls in Canada

Guest Pickle66

I guess High Green must be a good place to leave. just joking only went in the wharncliffe a few times as the Bridge was just so close and the beer was good.

Blimey, well my mum lives near the Circle chippy we moved there when i was 13. All my sisters still live in High Green too.Bridge is a very contempary pub these days - nice decor but nothing changes in the green if you know what i mean :-) I used to do my drinking in Chap and Ecclesfield to be honest, and when i am up for the matches either stay at mums or friends who live in Whirlow so out the other side of town.My first best friend when i was at school emigrated to Canada in the early 70's with her mum and dad. I have never forgotten her to be honest just no idea where they are :-(You guys are very lucky to be out there, and must be even better now you can keep up with all the news on the mighty owls :-)

I guess High Green must be a good place to leave. just joking only went in the wharncliffe a few times as the Bridge was just so close and the beer was good.

Can't argue with the last part. A few pints of Magnet after the match always went down well. I think we went there because they opened earlier on a Saturday evening - long before all day drinking obviously.

Maybe we should start an exiled High Green section on this site!!!!. Talking about the Magnet in the Bridge it was always worth paying the extra for it as it was an exceptional pint. And as for the Chippy in the circle we had many a fish supper from there but always had to keep your hand on your wallet.

Edited by Mickjj

Guest Pickle66

Maybe we should start an exiled High Green section on this site!!!!. Talking about the Magnet in the Bridge it was always worth paying the extra for it as it was an exceptional pint. And as for the Chippy in the circle we had many a fish supper from there but always had to keep your hand on your wallet.

Why did you have to keep your hand in your wallet? Anyhow you will be disappointed to know, for the past year it has been a chippy and kebab shop, so unfortunately that means it is open longer and kids hang around too long........ not had anything from there since it changed hands, so no idea what the kebabs are like lol Exiled HG site that would be interesting i am sure, probably realise i know a few people then lol

HELP can someone out there in Vancouver resue my brother and take him for a couple of pints of Tetleys and get his head together . Talk about Big Ron and Carlton Palmer !!Work and Family seem to have reordered his priorities Please someone accept this missionBlackburn Owl

where in Vancouver is he???????

Guest Nutters

Whats the deal with bonfire night round here.I know they are going to make a big thing about hallaween but i guess there wont be anythink for Nov 5th will there??

Howdo.Andy in Coquitlam here. No Tetleys tonight bros but I am drinking Old Speckled Hen.Hi Mick - I didn't know there was a Hockey team in Kimberley ("Go Dynamiters Go!" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue!)- I know there's a good ski hill there though.What's the deal with this 'keeper from Man City ? Sounds like he's usefull.Cheers

Been here since 1995. Lived in Brantford, Welland, St Catharines and now Hamilton....all in Ontario.They have bonfire night out in Newfoundland, or so I am told.

Howdo.Andy in Coquitlam here. No Tetleys tonight bros but I am drinking Old Speckled Hen.Hi Mick - I didn't know there was a Hockey team in Kimberley ("Go Dynamiters Go!" doesn't exactly roll off the tongue!)- I know there's a good ski hill there though.What's the deal with this 'keeper from Man City ? Sounds like he's usefull.Cheers

Hey Andy did your Brother shame you into signing up?????? He seemed to think you were losing interest.

Hey Andy did your Brother shame you into signing up?????? He seemed to think you were losing interest.

As you know, it's a bit difficult to get to matches. I can't seem to find a direct bus from Coquitlam. Maybe once we've got the supertram we'll be all set. Like your mate Edmonton Owl says "I may be thousands of miles away but I'm no less an Owl"

Guest Nutters

Since been here in Canada i have learnt how much effort you guys go through to support the owls. Little if any TV coverage (non as yet for me), having to get up with hangovers to listen to the games on WW (not listened to a game without a hangover yet!), and the added gravings of wanting to see a good decent match liveI have full respect for you Canadian Owls supporters and i am glad to know as a club we have fans like you..........just thought i would get that cleared up as i go home in 5 weeks, only things i am looking forward to are seeing my family and watching a decent live game!

Glad you appreciate our predicament, Nutters.Even when we were in the Premiership we barely got any coverage when live games were broadcast. You can just about count the number of times we were on on one hand.Radio Sheffield on the internet has been a god-send but without WW you pretty much have to rely on message boards.That's what made Cardiff so special.

Guest olduskeefus

Glad you appreciate our predicament, Nutters.Even when we were in the Premiership we barely got any coverage when live games were broadcast. You can just about count the number of times we were on on one hand.Radio Sheffield on the internet has been a god-send but without WW you pretty much have to rely on message boards.That's what made Cardiff so special.

Any of you know how I could get in touch with someone on Vancouver Island?His name is Christopher Hardy and he originates from Sheffield?

Guest olduskeefus

Online phone directories?411.com might work, or maybe a local library has international directories

Thanks I'll try 411.com, no chance the libraries here can help luck you if you can find a book in them.