Future of DC

4 hours ago, ny owl said:

Be careful what you wish for.  If he loses interest we'll follow Wigan. 

Why do people keeping talking crap.

Yes he is a wealthy man but he isn't that wealthy that he can afford to flush his investment down theshitter.

If he withdraws his interest and investment and the club stagnates, the value of the club reduces and he gets a small return and that makes no sense at all.

Guest mrbluesky

DC is a “hands on” chairman, he’s doomed to fail, nice bloke no doubt, but having met him several times, he just doesn’t get football and it’s inner workings, even after all these years.

We are stuck with him, no one in the current climate  or near future is going to touch a club saddled with what would be so much debt, running football teams is a massive gamble, add to that a chairman who won’t listen and learn .

He’s tried  and tested the standard method of CEO’s, doesn’t like it, changed the clubs crest, ticket prices, thinking up ideas of 10 year s/t, club 1867, numerous staff have come and gone, was against selling players for profit( until it was to late), selling exec boxes at ridiculous prices and now most stand empty, chartering planes, selling a shirt for nigh on £100 and many more harebrained ideas.

And guess what, he can not understand why we don’t invest (on a large scale) into these initiatives. 

Look at recruitment on and off the pitch, people will say you can’t blame all that on him, I disagree, he’s created a culture at this club, not a very nice one, In my honest opinion, I get told the bloke is very loyal, he probably is, but as they say “there’s no loyalty in football”  and I genuinely believe he can’t get his head round that.

And his legacy( if there is one),he built us a nice scoreboard.

who in there right mind would buy a football club right now? there will be so much uncertainty for next few weeks and months that anything below premier league level wont be able to survive . those players what think there lucky and still have long term deals on big money(not so many here now) will find that there clubs wont be able to afford there wages and no other club out there now will offer anything like the same terms , so before you could try to offload players now almost impossible. im expecting at least half the clubs will go down this route of administration ,unless by magic a huge pot of money was created to help the financial gap. 

3 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Why do people keeping talking crap.

Yes he is a wealthy man but he isn't that wealthy that he can afford to flush his investment down theshitter.

If he withdraws his interest and investment and the club stagnates, the value of the club reduces and he gets a small return and that makes no sense at all.

the problem is,chansiri to what we have heard wanted a huge amount for us , he paid 50 odd million for us spent money on pitch, training ground etc and has lost another 80 million in losses ,we have lost 60 million in the 3 year period we are been investigated for using stadium to get under 39 million allowed losses . im sure he said he turned down a 100 million plus bid for club some time ago? he knows he cant sell the club right now and it would be for a fraction he has invested . 

Edited by handworth52

39 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

If dirty Leeds weren’t going up and dem blavdes weren’t in the Prem, the hatred for him amongst our support would be nowhere near as bad, a lot of our fans are behaving like spoilt kids.

Yes he’s made mistakes and he needs to delegate more but f’oo.k me, he’s bankrolling us and he’s here for the foreseeable, so pick yer rattles up, grow a pair and support Wednesday for once!

There is no hatred. And the Leeds and United thing is irrelevant. People know he is bankrolling us and the vast majority support the club. 

Apart from those Inaccurate points you make, it’s a good post. 

• Like 4

Guest mrbluesky
1 hour ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

If dirty Leeds weren’t going up and dem blavdes weren’t in the Prem, the hatred for him amongst our support would be nowhere near as bad, a lot of our fans are behaving like spoilt kids.

Yes he’s made mistakes and he needs to delegate more but f’oo.k me, he’s bankrolling us and he’s here for the foreseeable, so pick yer rattles up, grow a pair and support Wednesday for once!

The old "bankrolling" always comes out.

Guest mrbluesky
22 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

No hatred?   OK fella.

And most of our f.vckwitted seem to think if DC walked today there’d be a queue of wealthy oil sheikh’s waiting to flood the club with cash, which we can’t spend....FFP n all that!

What did you have for your tea last night vulva?

And the old "what if he walked away", if it was just that simple for DC.

24 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

No hatred?   OK fella.

And most of our f.vckwitted seem to think if DC walked today there’d be a queue of wealthy oil sheikh’s waiting to flood the club with cash, which we can’t spend....FFP n all that!

What did you have for your tea last night vulva?

Please don't try and circumvent the swear filter mate - it's there for a reason

Owlstalk Shop

Guest mrbluesky
8 hours ago, Blue and white said:

Why come out with silly comments like that.

There has been plenty of reported interest in us over the last couple of year Red Bull, Amanda Staveley and the lad from Fiorentina to name but a few.

Irony.

I think he's lining up to have another go at getting to the promise land like he did season 1.

Think he thinks we'll win this court case and survive in the championship. He has cleared the decks (as much as he can already) with the playing staff, Monk can be removed and he has no backroom staff. And he can then get Paxio to sought out managerial candidates and they can bring in a influx of players as they did under CC. All if FFP allows.

Thats the only way he can get his money back as i dont think he can sell for anything like what he wants. Plus its been three years since we went on our spendathon and bought Abdi, Reach, Pudil, Jones, Rhodes etc to the club so they should technically not be included in the FFP accounts

6 hours ago, mrbluesky said:

DC is a “hands on” chairman, he’s doomed to fail, nice bloke no doubt, but having met him several times, he just doesn’t get football and it’s inner workings, even after all these years.

We are stuck with him, no one in the current climate  or near future is going to touch a club saddled with what would be so much debt, running football teams is a massive gamble, add to that a chairman who won’t listen and learn .

He’s tried  and tested the standard method of CEO’s, doesn’t like it, changed the clubs crest, ticket prices, thinking up ideas of 10 year s/t, club 1867, numerous staff have come and gone, was against selling players for profit( until it was to late), selling exec boxes at ridiculous prices and now most stand empty, chartering planes, selling a shirt for nigh on £100 and many more harebrained ideas.

And guess what, he can not understand why we don’t invest (on a large scale) into these initiatives. 

Look at recruitment on and off the pitch, people will say you can’t blame all that on him, I disagree, he’s created a culture at this club, not a very nice one, In my honest opinion, I get told the bloke is very loyal, he probably is, but as they say “there’s no loyalty in football”  and I genuinely believe he can’t get his head round that.

And his legacy( if there is one),he built us a nice scoreboard.

he has ruined the club full stop ,

we could have had someone better in long term .all those that say where would we be without him !!!

look where we are now !!can fans say we are pleased where we are now really !!!!!

the man is a joke to the club 

• Like 6

Guest mrbluesky
55 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

Enlighten me then, who’s gonna throw money at a football club in this climate?

If you need enlightening, then I give up, but seen as I`m here, he can`t simply "walk away" financially and legally for starters, you`re missing the point, we are going further in to the abyss, again to say flippant remarks like "who`s gonna throw money at a football club"  is just the usual response, nobody is going to, and that`s why I fear for SWFC, can you not see the club is a shambles? he isn`t an endless pit of money.

3 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I agree with you!  

Im talking about those fans on social media who think the easy answer to our prayers is to “get rid of the chairman”, we all know it ain’t that simple but Twitter, FB, OT, all have them.....and FFS, don’t ask me trawl through for examples..... 😊

That's not abuse or hatred though

I much prefer this post you just made to the nonsense one about abuse and hatred - it's much more you.

Owlstalk Shop

4 minutes ago, The_Limit_Owl said:

I agree with you!  

Im talking about those fans on social media who think the easy answer to our prayers is to “get rid of the chairman”, we all know it ain’t that simple but Twitter, FB, OT, all have them.....and FFS, don’t ask me trawl through for examples..... 😊

actually your right tho cant just get rid as he has stitched  everything up now with the owning of the ground etc 

I just said he has ruined the club .even if he had taken us into the premier the greed would have continued with uping the costs even more .

if he cant run a shop and look after good people who were at the club for years then it would just have got worse 

its only my opinion we are all entitled to that without people falling out