Future of DC

13 minutes ago, Mr. Chow said:

who would buy us? we're an instant loss on money unless we go up.

Isn’t that the case for all championship clubs? 

Come the end of this season we’ll have one of the smallest squads so it will be quite a blank canvas for new owners to build on. We won’t be weighed down by old players on long contracts anymore. And there’s a group of young players with some promise.

The stadium is one of the biggest outside the PL. the best fan base 

Personally I think there’s a lot of positives in owning us, but it will be Chansiri’s asking price, or willingness to negotiate,

that will be key.

Edited by Owls-Fan
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, TrueOwl said:

What's he still here for? You're right, he's not going to get it back and i think even he know that. Nobody who buys it is going to pay off these debts.

What I am saying is they are not actual debts ( I dont think ) it's just money he has put in to running the club. There will be nothing to pay off when he sells it. All he will do is ask for a ridiculous price to cover his losses.

Nobody is going to pay any more than he did 5 years ago so he won't find a buyer. We're looking at another Milan situation. He'll get nothing, and  somebody will step in at the last minute and pick us up for penny's on the dollar.

Edited by TrueOwl

Can someone please find that lad that once bowed to Chansiri about 500 times whilst everyone were singing Chansiri's name ....get him to bow him to leave! 

Oh I can hear all the 'be careful what you wish for' brigade now typing it... and I certainly didnt wish for Chansiri,  he has been a total disaster for this club.

• Like 3

Guest The Horse

He's probably got a stop loss figure he's working to.

Question is when he reaches that point (which could well be now), does he bail on us or decide to operate the club within it's means?

2 hours ago, TodwickOwl said:

Anyone else get the feeling once the EFL decision is final - he’s going to sell up and move on? 

I honestly feel after the end of this season, or he maybe has already start prospecting buyers - clearing the decks from a player perspective so no big new contracts hanging over if someone takes us on.

It feels like we’re ticking over with Monk and he’s steadying the ship for the time being - trying to bring the youth in, work with the senior players with what we’ve got and get us on the home straight to staying in this league. I don’t see DC looking to go for it again with us - 200m down already, it’s probably about time he cuts his losses.

the money he’s lost is incredible amounts but it’s nothing to a man like Chansiri. His family are in the top 40th richest families in the world, we can’t even comprehend the amount of money he has. If the league would let him, I think we could all agree he would be putting MORE into the club, that’s why we’re in trouble in the first place. 

we can only thank that Mr Chansiri seems to have a good heart and is determined. Unlike some chairmen. Going to be a long few years nonetheless. If he does decide to leave, we can only hope he puts us in good stead. 

1 hour ago, Big Jack said:

Buy a football club at the moment, no chance,.

Disagree.

This must be the very best time to buy a football club.

Not a good time to sell one though, so if DC is truly wealthy, I’d expect him

to hold his investment 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, sibon said:

Disagree.

This must be the very best time to buy a football club.

Not a good time to sell one though, so if DC is truly wealthy, I’d expect him

to hold his investment 

IF Chansiri actually does care about the club as much as he says then there’s always the option to stay on as a silent partner, and sell a large majority of the shares to someone else that could do a better job. 

The fact he still thinks he’s the best man to run a football club and hand it down to his teenage son in 5-10 years would be a worry. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Exceptionally_Large said:

If the league would let him, I think we could all agree he would be putting MORE into the club

He could put plenty more in to the club now if he so wished.  There are numerous areas outside of the P&S/FFP rules he can spend on. The academy, training ground and stadium for a start.  Slower impact for the club than spending on the first team, but if he’s here for the long haul, then surely he’s got the time to wait for exceptional youths to come through for example.

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

Isn’t that the case for all championship clubs? 

Come the end of this season we’ll have one of the smallest squads so it will be quite a blank canvas for new owners to build on. We won’t be weighed down by old players on long contracts anymore. And there’s a group of young players with some promise.

The stadium is one of the biggest outside the PL. the best fan base 

Personally I think there’s a lot of positives in owning us, but it will be Chansiri’s asking price, or willingness to negotiate,

that will be key.

Every set of supporters think they have the best fanbase. Not sure that we have anything special in that respect, certainly that would swing it for a potential new owner.  Yes we can certainly show a great turn out away from home, but let's be honest, Hillsborough is as dead as a doornail most of the time these days.

2 minutes ago, Sheff74 said:

Every set of supporters think they have the best fanbase. Not sure that we have anything special in that respect, certainly that would swing it for a potential new owner.  Yes we can certainly show a great turn out away from home, but let's be honest, Hillsborough is as dead as a doornail most of the time these days.

My point is we have one of the largest fan bases out there, take away dirty Leeds who will be PL in 3 weeks time. 

I agree Hillsborough is quiet but I go to a lot of other stadiums and generally it’s the action on the pitch that has to kick the crowd into noise at most places

1 hour ago, Royal_D said:

I would take the obvious mass wage cutting as a pretty sharp indication that he ain’t gonna be putting anymore money in

DC can walk away, lose the ££ , and still live a probable comfortable life back in Thailand for rest of his days 

So the idea of he stays and funds it until promotion doesn’t really stand up for me

What if pride is the issue ? Funding isn’t. I think so far he’s shown a determination to make it work. I don’t see him giving cup for a long while.

Guest Ronson
55 minutes ago, The Horse said:

He's probably got a stop loss figure he's working to.

Question is when he reaches that point (which could well be now), does he bail on us or decide to operate the club within it's means?

I personally think it's the latter. Monk looks comfortable in his job, he doesn't and hasn't looked under pressure to me from the club anyway. I reckon he's had his brief from the Chairman and he's cracking on doing what he's been told to do.

I’ve been saying for months that the depth of our chairman’s personal finances must be starting to run a little dry.

To explain my thought process can you imagine YOU were born into a very rich family, received a reasonable education but was always looking for an opportunity for you to make a name for yourself within the family but on a personal note you didn’t see yourself working in the family business, in short it simply did not appeal.

Then through your sons love of professional football you are made aware that by investing in say a Championship club that have some good potential you could see your investment maybe triple within a couple of years if all goes well. You discover that several English clubs are ‘For Sale’ and you learn of one called Sheffield Wednesday that has a long history and on a bit of a high having only recently been promoted from th EFL 1st Division. 

You send your representative to check them out and they watch a few games, they report back that the support is fantastic so having checked out the accounts you ask the’family’ for the funds to buy the club plus a bit extra to make some urgent improvements to the ground and buy a few players.

Over next couple of years while finishing close your new football team  doesn’t win promotion and costs have significantly increased by comparison to generated income. To help Over this difficult period  your family grant some additional funds but that soon disappears.

Now the future is starting to look tough, your personal wealth and maybe a good proportion of the family wealth has eroded. The family now refuses to support your venture and your wife and kids can see how the ‘dream’ has vanished.

At this point you should definitely be looking at an ‘exit strategy’ after all its only a fool that throws good money repeatedly down the drain.

Oh and incidentally the Football fraternity are after you and your club/business big style.Today many of the clubs supporters are particularly unhappy with your lack of business ethics and the progress the football club has made over during your tenure, all that despite all the millions of pounds you and your family have invested.

How long can you continue to lose millions of pounds without any true signs that you will eventually see a decent return on your investment 

The only avenue open is to put the club up for sale and take the best offer.

i know what I would do in that situation, no matter how rich you are nobody can sustain heavy loses year after year unless you are supported by a government.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TaxiMark said:

Can someone please find that lad that once bowed to Chansiri about 500 times whilst everyone were singing Chansiri's name ....get him to bow him to leave! 

Oh I can hear all the 'be careful what you wish for' brigade now typing it... and I certainly didnt wish for Chansiri,  he has been a total disaster for this club.

Do you work for D taxis Mark?