Ben Marshall

Just now, Ellis Rimmer said:

Really? He's gone down to the 12th tier at 29 years old

I'm not too sure he's dropped that far because he's lazy, if he was lazy he would just retire it can't be like the money from this is keeping him going.

I think it's something more to do with enjoying his football again, maybe he'll come back to league football refreshed or maybe he's done in professional football, but I don't blame him if that's the case.

13 hours ago, 0114 said:

Crazy to think we have had a genuine link with him in the last 12 months and now he’s playing in the 12th tier.

Although there has got to be more to his situation, had a very successful Millwall loan in 17/18 and still only 29. You don’t just fall off the face of the earth. 

Ian Pearce, who won the Premier League with Blackburn, went from Fulham to my small hometown’s team. They don’t even have a ‘ground’ as such, they literally just play on the pitches on the local park.

13 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Imagine earning so much money by the time you're 29 you can basically semi retire. Mental

Haha yep, left Norwich by ‘mutual consent’ with 3 years on his deal left, probably got a lump sum close to a million 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Orlando_Trustful said:

I would still take him. The Marshall and Rhodes dream team could still happen. 

such a shame that boat has in effect sunk 

Ben wouldve been great supplying Rhodes  when he was interested or wickham when we shouldve go him back

2 hours ago, fingyfop said:

I'm not too sure he's dropped that far because he's lazy, if he was lazy he would just retire it can't be like the money from this is keeping him going.

I think it's something more to do with enjoying his football again, maybe he'll come back to league football refreshed or maybe he's done in professional football, but I don't blame him if that's the case.

Yeh that's lazy behaviour. 

7 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

Yeh that's lazy behaviour. 

We don't know why he stopped, if playing professional football doesn't make him happy, or makes him depressed, it's lazy if he doesn't want to do it?

Are players who retire when they're still good enough to play for a professional team lazy?

From what I've seen of him he was never a lazy player, just might have decided a different direction for his life, just because he has the ability to be a professional footballer doesn't mean he has to do that. 

34 minutes ago, fingyfop said:

We don't know why he stopped, if playing professional football doesn't make him happy, or makes him depressed, it's lazy if he doesn't want to do it?

Are players who retire when they're still good enough to play for a professional team lazy?

From what I've seen of him he was never a lazy player, just might have decided a different direction for his life, just because he has the ability to be a professional footballer doesn't mean he has to do that. 

I don't know why he stopped, maybe he's in trouble with a gang and they said "hey pal, if we ever see you on a football pitch playing league football again, you're a goner" 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

I don't know why he stopped, maybe he's in trouble with a gang and they said "hey pal, if we ever see you on a football pitch playing league football again, you're a goner" 

I don't think Arsenal would sign him

2 hours ago, Ellis Rimmer said:

tenor.gif