Here's how the Championship League Table looks today

10 minutes ago, HighworthOwl said:

10 points, 6 games and 8 teams between us and the bottom 3 means we are probably safe from the drop if we don't get a deduction. 

I think you are right but I’d like us to get 2 more wins this season just to guarantee it.  Teams below us are starting to win and it would be horrible to go into the last games still looking over the shoulder.

Having said that a points deduction basically means we have to win as many games as we can 

• Like 1

Closer to the top 6, yet most look towards the gap to the bottom 3 (myself included).

I think we'll be ok in mid table, playing some teams around us who may have little to play for (except Fulham) and the bottom 3 play those in and around the bottom 6 and the odd play off team. Already a big ask for some of them to win 4 out of 6 games needed to overtake us, assuming we dont pick up another point *

*and assuming no points deduction.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

I think you are right but I’d like us to get 2 more wins this season just to guarantee it.  Teams below us are starting to win and it would be horrible to go into the last games still looking over the shoulder.

Having said that a points deduction basically means we have to win as many games as we can 

I agree I would be far more confident if we can pick up another couple of wins.

Wednesday have clearly damaged us all. My mate (Arsenal fan) said of course your safe but as a Wednesday fan you know it’s never going to be that simple! 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We are roughly where we were when Chansiri bought the club and sacked Gray. So all the money spent, stadium sold, breaching of FFP and we have not progressed. 

Maybe not, but we had some good times along the way. In Carlos first season we could have beaten anyone at home, the Arsenal game, Wembley, the Play offs, attractive football, averaging 28,000 each home game. Id rather have experienced some of that than tread water under Grey for a few more seasons.

Football is always about cycles. So many teams, even Man U under Fergie had to dust themselves off every now and then and rebuild.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, Owls-Fan said:

We've had three points for a win since the early 1980s. In all that time, only once has a team been relegated with as many as 54 points from any of the professional divisions. Assuming there is no points deduction, we are the merest whisker from safety already and still have 6 games left to improve matters.

Obviously the EFL hearing verdict could change things very quickly.

42 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Maybe not, but we had some good times along the way. In Carlos first season we could have beaten anyone at home, the Arsenal game, Wembley, the Play offs, attractive football, averaging 28,000 each home game. Id rather have experienced some of that than tread water under Grey for a few more seasons.

Football is always about cycles. So many teams, even Man U under Fergie had to dust themselves off every now and then and rebuild.

But .....Gray didn't get the backing Carlos got , so who knows what 'as such' could have achieved 

57 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

We are roughly where we were when Chansiri bought the club and sacked Gray. So all the money spent, stadium sold, breaching of FFP and we have not progressed. 

We just have a much higher wage bill and old players, although that's slowly changing.

It's almost like a fresh start for DC, minus the millions he's spaffed away making some old footballers very comfortable in their retirement. It's given us 1 (arguably 2) seasons of joy out of 5 and a lot of anxiety!

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Miffed said:

Football is always about cycles

It's been twenty years since Wednesday were in the top 20, and coming up to thirty years since Wednesday were at their peak.  I can think of more negative seasons than positive seasons in those years.    It's not about cycles like it's naturally inevitable we'll eventually go up (later to come down), it's about quality.   It's always going to be about quality, not cycles.

We've been crying out for someone to pump cash in to Wednesday, and the only man that did didn't really understand what he was spending. 

I don't know the outcome of the EFL hearing, but even if it goes well, it's taken us to lose our stadium, two transfer embargoes and watching £Ms walk out of the door all for a day out at Wembley to wear foam hats.  The pain:pleasure ratio is simply too high, it's not been worth it.

Nice hats at Wembley though.

• Like 4
  • Haha 1