Have noticded this on many TV games . The idea of watering before play and at half time is prevelant at many grounds. I was led to believe it is something to do with the growth of the grass on this type of surface. Itseems rather idiotic to water the pitch immediately before start of play in both halves, but surely something would have been done about re-design of the studs. 

On 02/07/2020 at 12:02, Inspector Lestrade said:

Went to football party which was played on a freezing cold, rainy and muddy day when I was about eight years old, wearing these rudder big boots with the shoelaces about a yard long, only for them to come undone and the laces whipping my shins as I ran. Bloody torture. 

Also wearing a thick cotton shirt football shirt which weighed a ton once they were wet. 

Some bloody party. 

last year then?

4 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

Thats what they said in the 60s at the height of the Cold War Cuban crisis. 

Nowt new

yeah! ok, so now and again they used to test the nuclear attack siren on the cop station.

that was nuclear armageddon for both sides, it held the peace in place.

now the uk is sliding downhill, not much hope for the young of today, after all we've got trump on our side. :duntmatter:

3 minutes ago, dorian gray said:

yeah! ok, so now and again they used to test the nuclear attack siren on the cop station.

that was nuclear armageddon for both sides, it held the peace in place.

now the uk is sliding downhill, not much hope for the young of today, after all we've got trump on our side. :duntmatter:

Hey we are out of Europe the world is our ostyer, America has got us a great deal lined up even gonna let us have the same holiday time as them.