Jump to content

Recommended Posts

4 minutes ago, General_Grievous said:

What is it with our players slipping? Boots? Pitch? What’s the issue?

Not sure of the answer but I agree it's very noticeable.

  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Emilianenko said:

Surely it's choice of boots/studs. Can't remember their players slipping. 

Charlie Austen did just after he scored the penalty 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Owl999 said:

Charlie Austen did just after he scored the penalty 

 

So did the player to get it awarded 

  • Haha 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

If they wore proper bloody ld fashioned studs they wouldn't slip. Short studs for hard dry pitches, long studs for wet, soft pitches. Six studs in each boot. 

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, S36 OWL said:

If they wore proper bloody ld fashioned studs they wouldn't slip. Short studs for hard dry pitches, long studs for wet, soft pitches. Six studs in each boot. 

image.png.bc1cacf70e2f6ebdb2d68c528aa25849.png

  • Like 2
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

Here are my first pair of boots

 

image.png.198a59d0f5b3e9ed96a387e910df28f5.png

 

I had a pair Marlone Marksman. Solid. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, OhForAnotherShez said:

 

Just like my old fellahs!

 

Despite my feet not being enough, I was popular taking goalkicks with this type - with the toe end of course!

 

Went to football party which was played on a freezing cold, rainy and muddy day when I was about eight years old, wearing these rudder big boots with the shoelaces about a yard long, only for them to come undone and the laces whipping my shins as I ran. Bloody torture. 

 

Also wearing a thick cotton shirt football shirt which weighed a ton once they were wet. 

 

Some bloody party. 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, General_Grievous said:

What is it with our players slipping? Boots? Pitch? What’s the issue?

I thought this was going to be about the Blunts slipping down the league. 10th last time I looked. :tango:

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Inspector Lestrade said:

 

Went to football party which was played on a freezing cold, rainy and muddy day when I was about eight years old, wearing these rudder big boots with the shoelaces about a yard long, only for them to come undone and the laces whipping my shins as I ran. Bloody torture. 

 

Also wearing a thick cotton shirt football shirt which weighed a ton once they were wet. 

 

Some bloody party. 

 

 

 

 

 

the laces were to to under & back up top, then round the back thro' the loops i think.

 

Cotton? Yeah as the climbers say "Cotton kills" no  bloody warmth in that!

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...