11 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

And our most important player. 

Argued on this over the years. Our best performances have been without him. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
Posted (edited)

First season, was fantastic.

Second and third seasons - less so, in part because CC often played him out of position.

Since then, whilst he's still our most creative outlet I think its actually been to our detriment having him in the team because we're obliged to play him and we are thoroughly predictable at times when he plays.

In fairness, I actually prefer him sitting a bit deeper with two more industrious CM's in front. He should/could be tidy with Lee and Luongo if we can get the balance right.

Edited by Morepork
  • Like 3
2 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

Argued on this over the years. Our best performances have been without him. 

Disagree. He’s our most influential player by a country mile. 

4 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Apart from our corners yes. 

His free kicks usually end in the keepers arms allowing a swift break for the opposition 

3 minutes ago, Emilianenko said:

His free kicks usually end in the keepers arms allowing a swift break for the opposition 

It’s easy to be short sighted after his set pieces tonight but the majority of his free kick deliveries are on the money. 

2 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Agree and disagree, he's our most influential player because he demands every move goes through him. Is this a successful strategy or does it slow us down and make us look predictable? He is not as good as he thinks he is, gives the ball away far too often. Be it a floaty ball out of play, a ******** poor tackle or a lack of cover at his defensive duty. He has held us back for the last three years. 

• Like 2
1 minute ago, peacock1961 said:

Agree and disagree, he's our most influential player because he demands every move goes through him. Is this a successful strategy or does it slow us down and make us look predictable? He is not as good as he thinks he is, gives the ball away far too often. Be it a floaty ball out of play, a ******** poor tackle or a lack of cover at his defensive duty. He has held us back for the last three years. 

He’s obviously the player our manager has decided that plays go through him. He now plays as the pivot player who picks the balls up from the Cb’s and looks to switch play and create attacks and openings. Every team who we come up against know that Bannan is the biggest threat in our team. Defensively he’s not the best but if he was then he wouldn’t be with us would he. 

The manager tells the team to go through him, hence why he demands the ball and looks to get things going. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

It’s easy to be short sighted after his set pieces tonight but the majority of his free kick deliveries are on the money. 

Stop talking rubbish. The goal Forest scored against us came from a very poor free kick straight into the keepers arms. Been poor for the three games.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
11 minutes ago, peacock1961 said:

Correct.

Just now, Emilianenko said:

Stop talking rubbish. The goal Forest scored against us came from a very poor free kick straight into the keepers arms. Been poor for the three games.

Poor for three games?!?!

Now who’s talking rubbish? 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

And I sir, disagree with you. We have often played better as a TEAM when he hasn’t played.

• Like 3
Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Swiss Toni said:

And I sir, disagree with you. We have often played better as a TEAM when he hasn’t played.

And that’s your opinion, exactly what a forum is for 👏😄  But I think Bannan is the least of our worries when it comes to a ‘rebuild’ 

Edited by MarkS43Owl
2 minutes ago, MarkS43Owl said:

Poor for three games?!?!

Now who’s talking rubbish? 

Not me , his set pieces have been poor for three games. 

Do you work for SKY?

1 minute ago, Emilianenko said:

Not me , his set pieces have been poor for three games. 

Do you work for SKY?

I just don’t see how digging out Bannan helps the cause?

Murphy has been taking the majority of our set pieces and it’s proven to be beneficial. 

I don’t see what you’re trying to get at? 

Why do some of our fans get really over defensive if we criticise a player? 

I just really don’t see how criticism of Bannan is justified or warranted that’s all? 

Just now, MarkS43Owl said:

I just don’t see how digging out Bannan helps the cause?

Murphy has been taking the majority of our set pieces and it’s proven to be beneficial. 

I don’t see what you’re trying to get at? 

Read the first post and stop being overly defensive. You're not his dad are you? If you are then you're part of the problem.

• Haha 1

Read the first post and stop being overly defensive. You're not his dad are you? If you are then you're part of the problem.

Yeah, I’m obviously part of the problem then 😄