I'm surprised I've not seen more about this, but they were time wasting/niggling/fouling from minute 10.

Chucking the ball away, standing in front of free kicks, which then graduated to hacking down when through, surrounding the ref...this even happened when they were 3-0 up.

What's everyones thoughts on this?  If you're a Luton/Hull/Stoke, then I probably understand it.  But this lot? There is no need, at 0-0 with no crowd to incite, what's the point?  

• Like 6
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Suzuki_San said:

I'm surprised I've not seen more about this, but they were time wasting/niggling/fouling from minute 10.

Chucking the ball away, standing in front of free kicks, which then graduated to hacking down when through, surrounding the ref...this even happened when they were 3-0 up.

What's everyones thoughts on this?  If you're a Luton/Hull/Stoke, then I probably understand it.  But this lot? There is no need, at 0-0 with no crowd to incite, what's the point?  

You've got to be like that, I see nothing wrong in it!

• Like 2
1 minute ago, Suzuki_San said:

Good teams win by any means necessary. 

We were Brilliant at it under Carlos. Westwood used to gel his hair before goal kicks.

lol

• Like 1
  • Haha 8
4 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

All part of the game

And that's why they're going back to the prem.

• Like 2

Just getting themselves prepared for the Premier, they all do it.

• Like 1

Wish we did it more tbh. The number of late goals we,ve conceded this season that could have been avoided.

Won the game 3v0. Unfortunately that’s all that matters to them, wouldn’t mind us being a bit more like that, win at all costs. 

• Like 3

Yeh knobbers those two cynical tackles on murphy were out of order

(remembers giving K Lee man of the Match for his tackle on sunday🤭)

13 minutes ago, Suzuki_San said:

I don’t agree with the time wasting.  Our game is built on trying to have a high intensity where we can move the ball quicker between the lines - just like parts of the second half. Time wasting nullifies us and is something teams have mastered against us,

The fouls are part and parcel of football matches - every team manages to do the same when they’re in front. It’s clever game management. One thing we are cautious of is where those fouls are committed - in your half it prevents attacks from building up - wouldn’t necessarily do that around our box when you have good set piece delivery and considerable height.

• Haha 1

I was curious as to this new rule that you don't have to stay in your technical area anymore

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

I don’t agree with the time wasting.  Our game is built on trying to have a high intensity where we can move the ball quicker between the lines - just like parts of the second half. Time wasting nullifies us and is something teams have mastered against us,

The fouls are part and parcel of football matches - every team manages to do the same when they’re in front. It’s clever game management. One thing we are cautious of is where those fouls are committed - in your half it prevents attacks from building up - wouldn’t necessarily do that around our box when you have good set piece delivery and considerable height.

You were timewasting and dirty as fizz, and all your yellow cards for hacking down players weren't in our half

but fair play it worked and the ref was poo

35 minutes ago, Patheard said:

You've got to be like that, I see nothing wrong in it!

It works,murdered us 2nd half,mind you difference in quality of subs says it all..

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, Liam_Baggies said:

Give over.  You were even time wasting at 3-0 up - one free kick after one of your midfielders had took their turn to clip one of our players down, about 5 of your players touched the ball before it travelled the 10 yards back to where the referee was stood.  Its clearly ingrained into your side, fair enough though.

Its nothing to be ashamed of, its tremendously effective and we could do with being a bit smarter sometimes.  Anytime we tried to break, one of your players took us down and killed our impetus.  And realistically killed off our attacking threat, as that was our only chance of catching you out.  Smart play.  Your lot did that more than any other team I've seen this season; possibly explains partly why you're up there to be honest.

If we’re ever going to get out of this division - and I’m talking about promotion, not relegation- we will need to develop a much more professional and ruthless streak.

Like it or not, that’s just the way it is with the modern game 

Well if that's what the 'tactics' were they were playing fire cos some of those fouls could have easily led to a red card.

Dirty fks on a parr with Fulham and QPR.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

These tactics are frustrating when they go against you but it shows how important ‘managing a game’ is when you’re going for promotion. 

• Like 2