11 minutes ago, Steve Down South said:

So if we hadn’t been 3-0 down we would have scored 2 large goals to win?!  Whatever you say :duntmatter:

No, unnecessary goals. Yerv lost before  ya start. 

Posted (edited)

This sums up Odubajo’s defensive qualities.

72826B9E-3C36-4980-BFD6-DEFAFB5C4A45.gif

Edited by Jim
  • Haha 2

Guest ka58

Car crash of a defender.

was warming to him last couple of games where he was out wide and incapable of causing problems for us but back in defence tonight and normal service resumed.

people joke about defenders we’ve had in past - he’s right in that bracket - useless.

Posted (edited)

was at fault for first and second goal, absolute liability.  Whether or not rest of his play is good from time to time he costs us at least one goal per game, mainly getting wrong side, or clumsy reckless foul, or not winning a header.  

If we have to rotate get someone from youth team in at CB, this guy should never ever wear the shirt again.

Edited by DuttyTeabags
Wnkjob

Posted (edited)
48 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

Exactly

It's just scapegoat city as usual

That isn't true is it.

He has given away 4 penalties in 18 games. He gave one of them away tonight and he was supposed to pick up their man for the second.

Until the first went in we were arguably on top.

Sometimes it doesn't work out for players and they continually make mistakes for whatever reason. 

For his own sake he needs taking out of the firing line for a bit and coaching so he can improve or if not move on.

None of that is scapegoating it's a realistic assessment based on his record.

If there's to be no criticism of players please say so, but if we are allowed to, then Moses deserves some at the moment.

Edited by Rev Owl
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, DuttyTeabags said:

was at fault for first and second goal, absolute liability.  Whether or not rest of his play is good from time to time he costs us at least one goal per game, mainly getting wrong side, or clumsy reckless foul, or not winning a header.  

If we have to rotate get someone from youth team in at CB, this guy should never ever wear the shirt again.

chucked in last minute in a position he’s never played and equipped himself really well until the penalty 2nd goal the winger is allowed an absolute age to cross the ball to an on rushing midfielder which nobody had tracked where we really expecting the second coming of Nigel Pearson when the team-sheet came out yet people will defend reach because he wasn’t played In his normal position 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

For the most part I thought he played reasonably well, but when you're making calamitous errors on such a regular basis that result in big chances for your opponent you can hardly expect supporters to focus on the positives. I know the cupboard was rather bare tonight, but he doesn't seem to have the concentration and application to be a defender. And we have a number of better options in positions further forward.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Jonestown83 said:

because he wasn’t played In his normal position 

Are you saying he's better in a different position? If so which one?

I honestly think I would play him further up the field if I played him at all.

Reach was a headless chicken tonight.

Just now, Rev Owl said:

Are you saying he's better in a different position? If so which one?

I honestly think I would play him further up the field if I played him at all.

Reach was a headless chicken tonight.

He’s always been a wing back / winger hence why his defensive play isn’t on par with an actual defender  I thought when Bruce brought him in  we would have switched to the formation we have now at the start of the season if he’d still been in charge

the only place you could play him currently is instead of Murphy but barring injury Murphys not losing his place 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jonestown83 said:

He’s always been a wing back / winger hence why his defensive play isn’t on par with an actual defender  I thought when Bruce brought him in  we would have switched to the formation we have now at the start of the season if he’d still been in charge

the only place you could play him currently is instead of Murphy but barring injury Murphys not losing his place 

Agreed but perhaps start him from the bench when Murphy gets tired. The problem with that though is that in 352, your wingbacks must both attack and defend with pace. In fact you're relying on them to be some of your best players.

Moses isn't in that category, he'd be better as an out and out winger with a covering fullback in 442.

We were on top tonight, the win was there for the taking and then an unnecessary penalty. Against Forest Odubuajo cost us 2 points. We will never know but we "could" have had 3 points tonight.

Odubajolost cost plenty of points prior to lockdown.

I dont want him to wear a Wednesday shirt again.

7-2 was the odds tonight for a Wednesday win, at least I got my cashback when I saw him in the starting 11.

You mean apart from the 7 page thread cunningly hidden from view in the middle of the first page, with the misleadingly deceptive title "Odubajo"? 

• Haha 8

Rotherham.

• Haha 1

Soft pen, certainly not the reason for the loss.

Outclassed, big deal.  Reel it in.

• Like 3

He's so poor defensively. Can't understand why people think it was a soft pen. He was so far off his man that he could barely reach to pull his shirt to stop him getting to the ball. 

He was also at fault for their second goal, again losing his man who went on to score. His positional awareness is awful. 

Liability!! He nearly gave away another when he fell over forcing the keeper into a save.

It was a soft penalty, the ref buckled under all the West Brom players throwing tantrums.

Other than that he had a reyt game I thought 

It was a penalty. He shouldn't have done it. Other than that I thought he had a good game.

• Like 3

Moses 19/20 season;

Played 18 games

Red cards 1

Yellow cards 6

Penalties given away 4

• Thanks 1