@owlstalk

Sam Hutchinson saying his face didn't fit (twice) and not being fully paid on time

"I can't say I've missed out really because every time I've not played or been involved in it, it  hasn't been great and nobody wants to be around a football team like that really"

• Like 1

Love his honesty. 

Been an outstanding player for us. Hope he finds another club and quick. 

• Like 2

Your face just dont fit if you are the best defensive midfielder at the club and we struggle when you are not in the team

Got to be more to it than that.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, asteener1867 said:

That moustache gesture at Brentford...a bigger man wouldn't have bothered

Yes that was pathetic I agree. But the best managers know how to manage the big characters and best players.

But all in all the right time for him to move on. You can’t argue with him though when he says we have been better when he’s in the side. The stats back that up. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"The main problem I had at Sheffield Wednesday was with the physios really. I didn't have that trust in them like I did when Paul Smith was there because they understood me a lot better and they knew who I was"

This.. key players were injured more after Paul left. Carlos brought some right cowboys in.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, @owlstalk said:

"The first season you had proper men in the dressing room"

Yes Sammy, didn't stop them getting injured though and financially screwing us up for years did it.

• Haha 1

Great to hear that Sam is in a good place right now. Hope he gets a good move this summer. Thanks for the herculean efforts Sam.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"My agent tried to fix me up with the MLS. I am a free agent I dont' have to worry about the money side of it I just want to play football"

Money side of it. Ahh there we go.

3 minutes ago, Jwowl said:

That bit really annoys me

when things aren’t going right you should be absolutely desperate to get stuck back in and help out the team

instead sloping shoulders happy not to be involved

not what I would have thought of him.

I think what he’s trying to get at is that during those periods it was pretty clear he wasn’t going to get back in. So what more could he do? 

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, @owlstalk said:

"My agent tried to fix me up with the MLS. I am a free agent I dont' have to worry about the money side of it I just want to play football"

Money side of it. Ahh there we go.

1 minute ago, HIGHERSTATE said:

Yes Sammy, didn't stop them getting injured though and financially screwing us up for years did it.

He meant the first season under Gray before DC. Likes of Kirkland and Prutton he refers too. 

• Like 2

"Sheffield Wednesday is in a position at the moment with so much uncertainty. Not just with the points deduction that's  looming over their heads but with the Coronavirus"