Championship club Wigan enter administration - automatic 12 point deduction

8 minutes ago, bdmfournil said:

Like the title, is that an automatic 12 point deduction

Unfer the circumstances with no gate receipts it would be very harsh not of their own making

1 minute ago, Therealrealist said:

Make all football part-time..go back to when you had butchers bakers and candlestick makers playin for us..that can walk to ground with us or catch bus..an mek it a fiver to go and watch em

I can see league 1 and 2 being part time pros again

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, daveyboy66 said:

If Wigan are going under how many others are close ?

And what if some of those are above us, they get points deducted and we sneak in the play offs after being cleared of our own charge? Would be a reyt laugh. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

This Championship season is going to be a right farce. Wigan might not be the last to go into admin.

We’re going to have a league table heavily influenced by outside matters, and not the football on the pitch, which only goes to strengthen my long term view that this season should’ve been voided.

Mr C and the other owners should jointly sue the EFL for negligence in letting this season continue.

I have said all along for safety reasons the season should have been cancelled.  Liverpool fans congregating and setting fire to one of their own iconic buildings , the farce of empty stadiums. And now the financial implications.

6 minutes ago, zzmdu said:

Agreed about sympathy for the fans & employees,

but wasnt the Wigan Chairman an advocate of a closed Premier League, when they just happened to be in it 

I don't know about him, but Bolton's certainly did.

• Like 1

Guest mkowl
1 minute ago, Grandad said:

Can we rely on these facts though?

peters never right

He doesn't bring any real insight though. All the information he is stating now was discussed on here when the accounts came out 

and the MP Damian Collins, formerly the chair of the Digital, Culture, Media and Sport (DCMS) committee, have produced a blueprint called 'A Way Forward For Football'.

It sets out a six-point plan which includes the establishment by the Football Association of a Football Finance Authority (FFA), financially backed by the Government, which would provide funds to keep clubs affected by the pandemic afloat.

"In the next few weeks, we could see five to 10 EFL League clubs going into administration," Collins told Sky Sports News.

This was reported late May

Guest Grandad

To be fair it was that Football Finance guy Kieran Maguire who tweeted about this last night

So it was him who broke the news

22 minutes ago, theowlsman said:

This Championship season is going to be a right farce. Wigan might not be the last to go into admin.

We’re going to have a league table heavily influenced by outside matters, and not the football on the pitch, which only goes to strengthen my long term view that this season should’ve been voided.

Mr C and the other owners should jointly sue the EFL for negligence in letting this season continue.

To be fair mate outside matters have been intruding for a while, the EFL and FA are making a total shambles of the whole thing, I agree the season should have been voided.

Guest mkowl

1 minute ago, Grandad said:

To be fair it was that Football Finance guy Kieran Maguire who tweeted about this last night

So it was him who broke the news

I think he has blocked me for some reason so not seen that.