Championship club Wigan enter administration - automatic 12 point deduction

7 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wigan getting a QC in to fight the admin penalty. Maybe they won’t end up with a point deduction after all. Perhaps we won’t be able to rely on them getting a deduction to stop us going down. 😡

Unfortunately Wigan have to accept this because if not you will see a string of other clubs getting QCs in for historical decisions made by the EFL...huge can of worms. 

They are a total joke and are now been shown up.

• Like 2

Whereas I can see the point being made by the administrators at Wigan I feel the EFL would be opening themselves up to an absolute nightmare if they don't enforce the 12 point deduction. The ramifications of them allowing it without punishment would be huge and show them to be inept, weak willed and clueless. 

Lump on em being let off I reckon, could make more money than their owner allegedly stands to make from em going down. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, latemodelchild said:

Whereas I can see the point being made by the administrators at Wigan I feel the EFL would be opening themselves up to an absolute nightmare if they don't enforce the 12 point deduction. The ramifications of them allowing it without punishment would be huge and show them to be inept, weak willed and clueless. 

Lump on em being let off I reckon, could make more money than their owner allegedly stands to make from em going down. 

Never trust an Owlstalk poster who tells you to Lump On. 

• Haha 1

Guest Bulgaria
20 hours ago, helmut_rooster said:

Na look eer Wigan, you need the cash, we'll take him off your books for a bag a nuts and a wánk mag, pay half his wages and tha's got thi sens a deal 🙃

To be fair I think that's too generous.

9 hours ago, WalthamOwl said:

Wigan getting a QC in to fight the admin penalty. Maybe they won’t end up with a point deduction after all. Perhaps we won’t be able to rely on them getting a deduction to stop us going down. 😡

It's an automatic 12 point deduction isn't it ?   it's not a hearing (like we're going through) it's an automatic deduction for going into admin.   If the EFL allow even an appeal they set a precedent, and it would be unfair on other clubs in the past.  The whole thing is a mess and can't be considered fair in the slightest.