Will we get an unchanged side tonight?

WICKHAM.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday take on a tricky West Brom fixture tonight just a few days after beating Bristol City away.

If all players are fit will we see an unchanged side again tonight or will Monk have no choice but to try a few new things given the sheer volume of matches coming up in such a short space of time?

Owlstalk Shop

Just now, @owlstalk said:

WICKHAM.jpg

Sheffield Wednesday take on a tricky West Brom fixture tonight just a few days after beating Bristol City away.

If all players are fit will we see an unchanged side again tonight or will Monk have no choice but to try a few new things given the sheer volume of matches coming up in such a short space of time?

Might freshen up the midfield but it's the rest of the pitch where we are less lacking in options. I would start the same team as they haven't done much wrong in the past 2 games and it shows them that the manager has confidence that if they carry on playing well they won't get rotated I mean dropped.

• Like 1

I expect 2 or 3 changes tonight. Maybe due to high demand of games coming up.

Possibly Da Cruz starting upfront. Maybe Pelupessy in midfield. Reach at LWB. 

If Borner is injured I hope Tom Lees doesn’t play as the LCB, I’d move him to the middle of the back 3 with either Iorfa or Palmer at LCB. 

If it wasn't WBA Monk may have been tempted to play Cruz upfront, but will play safe and barring injuries will play the same team as Sundays. 

Whilst we need to be tight all over the pitch hopefully Monk won't have the mindset to defend the game out. If we could win, then who knows where it could lead.

Guest Kagoshimaowl

I think there may be 2 changes. Lee rested and Rhodes out. Think Reach and Da Cruz will start.

Edited by Kagoshimaowl

40 minutes ago, bigthinrob said:

NO NO NO NO.

FFS No.

That was a massive part of the start of the sh*t run last time.

Who comes in for Borner then. The games are coming every 4 days now. If he has the slightest knock Monk won't risk him.

Don't change a winning side unless forced to do so

Rotate from the bench. Nuhui and Da Cruz have shown they are more effective from the bench

If Lee needs a rest then i'd rather play Reach in the middle than Pelupessy. Saying that i'd rather play one of the card board cut outs than Pelupessy

• Haha 1